The great debate

Well?

read the sticky

Midfoot

midfoot

nothing else even fucking makes sense...unlees you're doing some sort of intense sprint would you do the forefoot i guess

forefoot for maximum calf gains & people think you're an autistic indian larper
also no head bobbing which is nice

I gotchu OP

Heel strike feels the most natural to me, but my best times on mid-distance are with forefoot. Also no ankle pain that way.

>1
Clumsy, heavy footed clutz status
>2
Skinny cross country runner status
>3
Ball of the feet agile as fuck and can Sprint like a mugg Chad football/basketball/baseball star status.

Does having broken knees feel natural to you? Forefoot strike is the best for reacging max speed

wouldn't heel strike destroy your ankle after a while

Which one for sprints? How about long distances

always forefoot if I'm not wearing shoes fore/mid with shoes.
There is people out there who put their heel down first? what in tarnation

this probably seems autistic but the entire idea of heel strike grosses me out

/thread

he's right you know

Never heel strike. Not even when going downhill.

Forefoot strike when jogging and running, when sprinting or going up steep hills get up on your toes.

And remember, this is how you strike the ground, you still need to follow through the rest of the step by rolling forward through your toes.

Source: I actually run and suck at lifting. 70 miles per week is easier than lifting for me.

Forefront for sprints. Don't do it for distance or your calves will explode.

That being said anyone else notice those guys who walk around all day on their forefoot and never let their heel touch when they walk? Weird af

It's normal as fuck. Alot of kids start walking that way some just never stop. Although sometimes it's due to a health issue such as a short Achilles' tendon.

My dudes

exactly

Angle of the shin is off on both the mid and forefoot strikes in OP's picture. When either of those foot strikes, your hips should be over your foot as it contacts the surface. You don't reach your leg out and poke around with your toes in front of your body with each stride.

Look you god damn niggers, take off your gay faggot shoes, go outside, onto gas or pavement, it doesn't fucken matter you niggergfaggot, now run! This is how you monkeys evolved to run. Shut the fuck up about evolving since footwear was invented, you didn't evolve to run in saddles, then boots and finally sneakers. God damn you fucking jewniggers!

This is how you should be running regardless of what is on your feet, exception, ski boot, flippers or ice skates.

forefoot strike makes my calves sore as fuck and theyre big enough that it doesnt feel like it would be bearable for too long

>There are motherfuckers RIGHT NOW on this board that don't know how to run with the entire Earth on their side.

>Tfw short achilles
>Have to squat with 10s under me

Guys I've been stretching but my achilles arent cooperating what do?

might be tight calves

get weightlifting shoes

Interesting. I'll foam roll them bitches