I regularly take 1mg of melatonine before going to sleep and it works...

I regularly take 1mg of melatonine before going to sleep and it works, however last night I upped the dose ade bit to 5mg, which is the max I often see recommended. Going to sleep felt like I was anesthetized, I don't remember falling asleep and woke up drousy and disoriented as fuck, and spent the whole day feeling lazy and lethargic. Should I worry or do anything about it?

Starting Strength recommends increase of 5mg per night for best gains, so don't worry about it

Do nothing about it. It's normal to feel drowsy if you don't get enough sleep. I originally was taking 1mg of the dissolving ones and I didn't like it. Made me feel sleepy but couldn't put me to sleep. I went to 3mg of the non dissolve tablets and they work much better. But if you didn't sleep long enough it'll make you drowsy still

I feel tired all day, also really sleepy sometimes have to have a nap after I eat. Ideas? Hard to even work at this point, been unemployed for a few weeks

Yeah the dissolving ones are what im taking, which brand are you currently using?

That's how I feel taking even 1mg of melatonin. Shit fucks up my sleep schedule horribly if I don't take it every single night or stop completely.

I've heard melatonin has a negative feedback aspect to it. as in the more you supplement with it the less your body will automatically produce/secrete it.

Haven't dug deep into the research behind that claim myself, however.

I remember reading a study that said anything above 1mg won't make falling asleep any easier, upping the dose past that will just make you drowsier when you wake up.

Stop taking 5mg.
Upping the dose makes it less effective at promoting restful sleep.

Hydrate yourself

I've been on 1mg for the past 2 years and it works like a charm. Don't up the dose

>people still think taking hormones isn't bad for your health

>tfw on 10mg since over a year

Still good sleeps, well rested

melatonin promotes deep sleep which enhances test production and HGH production

taking test increases test levels in the body

I regularly take 10 mg. It's fine

>health
Fuck off, this board isn't about health.

GALON OF MELATONIN A DAY

literally gomad

Could be poor nutrition assuming you're not just not sleeping.
See a doctor, or if you're too ameripoor, plug your diet into a nutrition app to see if you're deficient in anything that's responsible for good sleep and energy.

You need a testosterone boost.

Nature Made