Any recovering alcoholics here?

Any recovering alcoholics here?

I have been drinking heavily for the past 4 years or so, and obviously with that comes being a fat fuck. Slowly getting into lifting to turn things around and leave that part of my life behind. Doing reasonably well, but I find I am bored as fuck in the evenings and often resort to having a few too many.

Any tips for getting my shit back together? What has worked for you? Thankfully I haven't had any noticeable health problems yet so I am hoping to turn it around before it is too late, but at the same time it is bad for motivation because you think "fuck it, everything is fine"

Just keep drinking man. We only live once

not your personal block faggot
stop drinking, get a hobby or a gf

fucking fat neet lowlifer no one cares about how you feel boring in the evenings

Abuse over the counter cough syrup instead. Butt chug it for best results.

Literally just get a hobby, stop buying alcohol

I'm just now getting my shit together again after falling back into drinking for a few years. I don't know what to say in terms of encouragement, for me it's just fear of falling off the wagon again, I was pretty much convinced that was it for me the last time. If you want a quick reminder of what you're avoiding go and have a read through the alcoholic thread on Veeky Forums.

>If you want a quick reminder of what you're avoiding go and have a read through the alcoholic thread on Veeky Forums.
jesus fuck that place is depressing. How do people get into a state like that?

it's easier than you might think m8, especially if you've got underlying problems to start with. a few months ago I was in the same boat, just blacked out constantly with jaundice and pancreatitis and shit, 100% convinced I was going to die. I feel like a new man now though so I was lucky

>What has worked for you?
AA. Seriously. Sober since 2002.

I'm the faggot from this thread OP , working out helped a lot, I got really mad at myself if I drank the night before going to the gym because I felt that I couldn't perform as expected. Got me a lot of time until I got shit together, good diet and going to bed early with some good books (fuck The Dark Tower series was fundamental in that btw) then waking up early and hitting the gym. By the end of the day you're just tired and sleep like a baby but it takes some time before getting there. I still drink heavily on the weekend though (getting hammered right now actually) but I refrain on weekdays (as in "not a single drop or you're fucked"). Keep it up buddy, we're all going to make it.

ew

back to lookism you go...

normally switching from one addiction to another is a problem but this may be an option for you.

Buy phenibut. take 2g it last 2 days. so mon take 2g phenibut wed take 2g phenibut fri - sat take some kratom.

Its good to give your self atleast one day substance free but if you really hate being alone with your thoughts maybe have some kava or smoke a little pot on sun..

This way you can keep all tolerances down and not develop an addiction while still keeping your self from going into that 'mode'

I smoke marijuana every day.
If I didn't I know I would probably be drinking every day.

I wish I didn't have such an addictive personality

Seriously just get a hobby. You drink cause you're bored and you've become used to drinking when you're bored.

Ever wanted to get into some kind of game? Local Gamestores usually have game nights that accept newbies.

Go for a walk around town.

Join a bowling league.

Buy Archery Equipment and shoot some targets outback (prepare for Zombies).

Just get out of the house. Literally anything. Otherwise you'll just keep drinking.

I'm a pole that was raised in small poor eastern city where drinking is a way of life for most people.
Started when I was 12 with some cheap wines, you know the kind that cost

omg that thread is awful.

But I get it, when I was recovering from opiates and shit I spent hours reading drug forum threads. Something about it makes you not feel so alone

drinkers should just kill themselves like manlets

alcohol was an outlet for my depression which made my depression and anxiety worse

regular weightlifting helped but wasn't enough

I'm on an SSRI now which has dramatically stabilized and improved my mood. almost no anxiety attacks now.

therapy was useless for me, drugs worked. feeling pretty okay these days

good user every day is a little bit closer to heaven and calm mind.
What do you do beside weightlifting

trying to advance my education and career. gotta look forward and build a better life.

living for today only leads to disappointment

I was on the verge of becoming an alcoholic a couple of years ago, drinking spirits in the evenings because I was so bored and my mind was dull. I have always been fit though, and the training didn't stop me from drinking, the drinking stopped me from training (properly).

I managed to stop myself when I just sat myself down and realised that I actually wanted to start doing well in my training again. Eventually I got a job, which involves working some evenings, so that massively helped. Now I just drink occasionally with a meal or a glass of decent stuff because I enjoy it, and the only time I've been drunk in the last 16 months was work's party last Christmas. I mean I have no social life and I still get bored and depressed, but my health and fitness are good.

S O C I A L I S E
O
C
I
A
L
I
S
E
faggot

What do you study?

This. If you quit 100% everything in your life will become better. Just find something healthy and productive to do instead of sitting around wanting a drink.