Reminder that the strict curl should be brought back and once again become part of powerlifting

Reminder that the strict curl should be brought back and once again become part of powerlifting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why shouldn't it be?

>MFW someone says the strict curl should be brought back to powerlifting

Give one good reason why an exercise working literally one muscle group should be a contest lift ever?

>strict form
>powerlifting
What are you talking about, user?

Why shouldn't it be? It's an easy to judge lift, has history of being part of the sport and mainly uses a muscle group that's only tangentially used in the other lifts

What are you talking about? The strict curl refers to curling with your shoulder blades and bum staying in contact with a wall, it's not particularly talking about strict form

Exactly. I wasn't implying that a strict curl is made strict because it's form is, but the form is strict because of the exercise. On the other hand you have IPF benching with ass off the bench and feet not planted that are greenlighted. Add momentum and arm swing and it'd be a perfect powerlifting exercise.

Add momentum and a swing and soon it would end up as an underhand hang clean

I like it! It gives me a reason to curl in the squat rack

1 muscle is not a muscle group

Why not use a similar equipment setup to this to bring back OHP? It seems like they could stop the excess back-arch

look at those ugly fucking jigaboo monkeys behind that white man, his bicep is bigger than that coons head.

Hey user, what does the "bi" in bicep stand for? Any idea????

>2 varieties of nigger terms and checking out a dude
I'm glad /mlp/ brought /pol/ out of the closet. You guys seem much more comfortable with yourselves

> a two headed muscle is the same as a muscle group

These are the people on Veeky Forums giving you advice

I don't know where you learned anatomy, but yes, the bicep is a muscle group.

This is a muscle group

In human anatomy, the biceps brachii (/ˈbaJsɛps ˈbreJki.aJ/), commonly known as the biceps, is a two-headed muscle that lies on the upper arm between the shoulder and the elbow. Both heads arise on the scapula and join to form a single muscle belly which is attached to the upper forearm.

2 seconds on google

Holy shit there are some retarded people here
This guy is right, and also, the brachialis is the one that does most of the work when flexing elbow.

It's because heavy compound lifts are the way you're supposed to do them, and heavy isolations are how you tear your muscles out of their fucking insertions

why are there so many dyels at fuckin powerlifting meets

2 of those guys look like they lift and one of them is actually competing

This is why it shouldn't:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw

god the way you see it tear off is fuckin sickening

Bicep, brachialis, and brachioradialis all make a large contribution to elbow flexion. Look at an anatomy textbook, the biceps muscle actually isn't all that big.

Why does anyone do switch grip? It's so fucking moronic

Get used to hook grip

if you can't hook grip because it's just too fucking heavy, if you are really that strong, use straps

fuck that asymmetrical injury bait shit

Most of the dyels are volunteers or employees doing setup/weight changes/other logistical stuff from what I've seen

oh i see

is that why there are always dyels spotting as well?

Conflict of interest if they ask the people who actually lift to spot their competitors.