So is milk bad for you or not?

So is milk bad for you or not?

bump from a kid who actually fell for SS + GOMAD

There is going to be virtually no difference in energy between a 500 cal surplus and a 2000 cal surplus.

So drinking a GALLON of milk a day just means you're fucking up your diet by being too lazy to eat your calories, or you're roiding and trying to gain weight.

Drinking it in moderation to fill up your macros is fine.

It's breddy gud by itself but it works great with protons and fruits blended into a shake.

Everything is bad if you do too much.

Everything in moderation.

bad

good

Bad

Milk killed my father and raped my mother

Depends on your LCT gene expression.

Milk poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses

good!

Depends on context.

If you are a baby cow, fucking GOAT, if you are trying to bulk up as quickly as possible and don't care about getting fat, great, if you do not fall into these categories, probably pretty bad for you.

Good

bad

If you want to gain weight and develop acne at the same time to complete the neckbeard basement dweller look milk is right for you

My mother died early on and all I had left was my father so Milk introduced my father to a lovely woman and made them get married and then killed my father and raped her

milk has fucking horrible macros I really don't understand how GOMAD got so big

Probably because it's high calorie, relatively cheap and not full of sugar. Even if its macros arent perfect it is good mix of easy/not going to give you diabetes

are you aware that calories are a unit of energy?

yeah, sure. milk is "bad" for you. drinking it is practically suicide.

I need some help and advice. When I drink milk and dairy stuff I get pimples on my face, really bad bacne.. like cystic bacne, and red dots all over the bottom of my feet. I'm pretty sure this means I'm allergic to dairy. That said I have major problems getting my calories in for the day. I loathe eating a lot of solid food, so removing milk from my diet has made me a literal skelly. Also allergic to peanuts and peanut butter. Is there an easy way to push my calories up and bulk without shoving tons of dry food into my mouth? I've tried and can't fit it all in my stomach. I end up sitting there chewing unable to swallow and feel like puking. I've always had success with shakes. If anyone can help me it would change my life. I've been trying to bulk on a budget with those problems above for years with no success.

>I've always had success with shakes
drink shakes

What kinds of things should I put in the shakes? I can't do peanut butter or dairy stuff, so I've been making shakes with almond milk mainly. Also use a banana for each shake. I can't really afford expensive ingredients either.

On myfitnesspal to gain 1 pound each week it says I need about 3k calories each day, but that seems like a lot. I'm 5'10 and only around 125lbs trying to gain a pound each week. Anything cheap and good to go in shakes will be awesome. Bonus points if it has protein.

seriously? 3k a day and i'm still hungry

eat olive oil more. it worked for rome's armies, it will work for you

buy a mass gainer protein powder also

not everyone has shit genetics. i'm drinking 0.5L of milk every day in addition to lots of other dairy shit and i never had acne in my life and my skin is clear and smooth.

just because you are lactose intolerant doesn't mean everyone else is also

>doesn't understand why fatties get fat

Buy the huge cheap ass tubs of vanilla or chocolate ice cream at the grocery.

I used to eat half a tub of ice cream a day when I was hungry skelly (5'10" 115 lbs) now I'm 5'11" 195 lbs 15% bf.

Ice cream, peanut butter, banana, protein powder, and milk will be delicious and a fuck ton of calories and protein.

> Milk
> horrible macros

Nigga what? Sure its not perfect but its no wsy horrible.

> cant eat diary or nuts
> reccomends icecream, milk and pb

Yeah I just added my totals for the day and I'm 800 calories below the mark. Of course I'm a literal skeleton. You can see my ribs and I've been eating like a homeless person for almost 3 years now, like 100 bucks for 2 months of groceries kinda food. Now that I want to put on some muscle I realize that I need to be getting more calories in. I've never had a huge appetite. I've tried to force myself to eat tons of food before, and it has never worked. I made some progress back when I was drinking a lot of whole milk, but I can't do that anymore. Also thanks for the olive oil idea. That's a good amount of calories for such a small thing. Quite a bit of fat though I think. I'll start eating more of that. Still need to find some other good ways to get my calories up. I mainly eat shredded chicken, rice and potato burritos these days.

That's good advice and yeah it would probably be delicious but it would probably kill me because peanuts literally kill me. For the milk I would just have some shitty rashes and lots of throat flem and full body acne to deal with. Not sure if it's worth.

ITT: Niggers and other non-whites hate on milk because they are genetically lactose-intolerant.
I drink 1L of milk a day plus I eat cottage cheese for my protein and it works like a dream.

>Niggers and other non-whites
I'm as white as white gets. I used to drink tons of milk as a kid, but now that I'm 30+ I can't anymore.

I read (on Veeky Forums) that if you stop drinking milk for a long time you lose the ability to digest it

like vegans who go back to normal find they no longer have the choice

>drank 500ml yesterday after months of abstinence
>immediately got pimples

i think that settles it

That's a terrible idea (olive oil). Most of it is literally fake shit mixed with other vegetable oils. The mafia literally has control over a large part of olive oil production and distribution.

Stick with coconut oil before it gets trendy and the triads/mafia start pulling the same shit.

That's terrifying. I have enough problems I don't need more problems.

Coconut oil sounds expensive.

Go to dermatologist and let him prescribe you accutane or similar shit. I used to have terrible acne, especially after eating certain things, like chocolate. Now after several months of therapy I can eat whatever I want with no acne whatsoever.

Don't your face bleed like crazy tho?

Does it affect back pimples or acne on ass?

>there are people in this thread that are lactose intolerant
>are allergic to peanuts

?? How does it feel to not be able to freely have two of the best foods for making you into a lard ass at any time?

>THICC PEANUT BUTTER
>literally can't breath unless you have something to wash it down
>waters too thing
>milks just right

They did?

>Im intolerant to A1 proteins
>mfw there is A2 only milk
>mfw idgaf if it's a meme, the placebo still works

I think milk tastes like absolute shit by itself I don't understand how people can drink it straight.

Milk is bad for you goy, what are you a baby cow?
You are lactose intolerant, eat sugar goy, go vegan.

are you tolerant to cock, little weakling?

> not full of sugar
wat

> a2 milk still has same amount of lactose

I find it really good with food but really bad on a clean palate. Not sure why.

Pros
>Source of protein
>Low GI Carbohydrates
>Source of calcium
>Source of B12

Cons
>Poor balance of fats (too high in sat fats)
>There are better sources of protein
>There are better sources of calcium
>There are better sources of B12

In other words: Milk is a nutritious, albeit highly caloric, drink. Unless you're lactose intolerant daily consumption of dairy, including milk, can be a part of a balanced diet. If you want to gain weight, milk is ideal because it's easily consumed and digested. If you want to lose weight, milk is probably a poor choice, though a little bit probably won't hurt.

In general people do drink too much milk, and it certainly is a contributing factor to the obesity epidemic. An overall reduction in our consumption of milk would probably have a net benefit.

The lactose is the only bad thing in milk to worry about

There's marginal evidence to suggest some hormone transfer but if you're bulking that's hardly a problem

In short, not really unless you're lactose intolerant or trying to eliminate sugars

What about Spanish olive oil?

1. The "Mafia runs olive oil" thing is a meme made up by the media to sexify a boring story- the reality is it's just a group of companies shelling most of their oil blends through an undocumented warehouse, almost all of them do it

2. None of the commercial brands use other vegetable oils- they use cheaper olive oils or portray out of season olive oil as virgin etc. Anything else is FAR too easy to detect

3. Coconut oil is mostly saturated fat and despite what the blogs told you it's not some special magic saturated fat that isn't bad for you if you eat more than 30g per day

Yes, olive oils are mostly sketchy in commercial production practices, that's no reason not to use them, at least no less than any other food you already eat, particularly meat and dairy which are fucked with far more.

sat fat is good for you

>American Dietetic Association
>British Dietetic Association
>American Heart Association
>World Heart Federation
>British National Health Service

VERSUS

WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN!?

A balance of fats is good for you.

Typically you want a 1:1 ratio of sats to mono. Milk has 2:1.

>what part of the entire post mentioned lactose or an intolerance to lactose.
>literally eating cheese rn with no problems
>drink regular, skimmed, full fat, half fat, 99% fat free get problems
>drink specific A2 only, no problem

It is the beverage of choice for a growing mammal