Unrealistic Goals

Do any of you have unrealistic goals for yourself, at least in your present state, that absolutely everyone around you thinks is a joke and that you have no shot at reaching?

I want to be a Navy SEAL. I have exactly four years to physically prepare myself by the time I graduate college. Everyone thinks it's just a joke and that I am wasting my time.

It takes like 6 months to train for seal course. Dont be a fag.

4 years is a shit ton of time.

Just remember its mostly mental, there are tons of super fit guys who didnt make it because their mind can not handle it. Also since you're going in as an Officer you only have one shot unlike the enlisted guys.

Its not training, its a beat down. Its unhealthy for your body and you will power through if you truly want it.

Plenty of Seals training programs out there by Seals.
side note: Stay away from shooting, they will teach you and if you try to teach yourself you will most likely just teach yourself bad habits.

Anyway, goodluck buddy.

find a gf

The super shitty thing about it is that if you dont pass the SEAL training you are still contracted to the navy so you cant just back out because you didnt get in like you wanted to

I really want to cosplay as Big Boss, so I'm shooting for his aesthetics, even the mullet

>I want to be a Navy SEAL. I have exactly four years to physically prepare myself by the time I graduate college
I've been on this path
I graduated last year with my BS and will finish my masters by 2019
Don't tell yourself its unrealistic
Don't let other people bring you down
You need to be mentally strong as well as physical to get through BUDs.

You have no idea what you're in for my dude. You could train for 10 years and still fail BUDS. If you're really interested in the SOF community join the military for a few years and see if that kind of thing is for you. Ever considered MARSOC, army SF, marine recon, army rangers etc? A lot of people are just drawn to the prestige of SEALs and set themselves up for failure. Trust me I'm familiar with the community and am just looking out for a bro, not trying to bring you down.

>source: marine 0317

Beat me to it

>Ever considered MARSOC, army SF, marine recon, army rangers
are you seriously implying that the training for these are any less difficult than BUDs?

They think it's unrealistic because it's easier to become a pro athlete than to become a navy seal. If you are honestly the kind of person that has the determination to do it, good on you. If you want to know what that determination looks like, watch every video of marcus luttrel (lutrell?) on youtube. The dude basically had a fractured pelvis during buds and was still running miles a day. He had like 20-something through and through's in afghanistan during operation red wing. And he wasn't even on team 6/DEVGRU. Seriously, those dudes are a very different kind of person that have a level of autism most of us can't even comprehend.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but you better start training than you ever have in your life, like, yesterday.

Well, currently I want to get my deadlift to a 405 by new years. But I fell for the "cut for the summer" meme and my one rep max actually decreased by 60 lbs

If I'm going to stick with cutting until 10℅, then I'm going to finish in about June/July. So realistically I have about half a year to complete it. And since it took me a year to get 315 from 135, I'm not having high hopes to get a deadlifts from 265 to 405.

I changed up my routine, so hopefully I can at least increase some strength

I want to make my parents proud

I want to hit 1/2/3/4.
I can't imagine myself doing it at this point since I'm not even out of DYEL mode yet, and not more than 3 or so people in my gym are at that level.
I did 1pl8 bench for the first time today though, so that's great

>I have exactly four years to physically prepare myself
It's true you need to be fit but unless you are a complete fat ass then it shouldn't take you more than a year at the absolute most to get ready. When i joined the army i did nothing to prepare for it because i was active and played a lot of sort only thing i wish i had of done was build a bit more upper body strength.
Being smart a quick learner and an ability to improvise would be best to work on.

I'm training to become a vigilante once I get a double lung transplant in a few years

I want my Bulged disc to heal completely by this fall.

Lift more than my Chad dad did in his football playing prime.

I want to see his half proud and half jealous face.

Cure my autism

Why would you go for a Master's if you want to be a SEAL?

Because everyone nowadays seems to wipe their ass with a Bachelor's. Plus I want to go in as an officer and I know the last thing I'd do once I'm out if finish up a master's degree

Similar to OP
>have wanted to join the military since I could walk
>Have had asthma since birth
>Train from 16-21 with friends who are SF and rangers
>Ive trained cardio throughout the years to help but I still have asthma attacks occasionally
>Talk to recruiters and they say just lie about it
>Have an 18-X (SF recruit) contract waiting for me to sign
>Pussy out because Im terrified of dishonorable discharge if they find out I lied about my asthma

I will probably never join unless the US goes to war and are taking just about anyone. It's frustrating being fit, coherent, and combat trained and not being able to use it bc a shitty disease. Whats the most badass thing I can do as an asthmatic? I need to move on

Just a heads up, it's literally almost impossible to become a SEAL officer if you didn't go to the USNA or are already an enlisted SEAL.

This.
Recon isn't even SOF (they're SOF "capable") and they pretty much have their own version of BUDs

1/2/3/4 is not that hard friendo. You're gonna make it.

>Stay away from shooting, they will teach you and if you try to teach yourself you will most likely just teach yourself bad habits.
Lol what the fuck am I reading. I learned to shoot at like 7, why would this be a bad thing if I've been shooting my entire life?

Also the fact that there is much less room for advancement if you only have a bachelor's. Just like the rest of the military, federal lea, and most police departments, if you have a master's degree you're automatically going to have extra points connected to your name when considering who to promote.

The idea is that you might have bad habits that are hard to break if you've been doing them for years.

Ah interesting. I have an M.S. myself and considered going the SOF route, but with my hearing and vision it'd be an instant DQ. C'est la vie, good luck brah

Dude you have to decide what you want. You can either join as enlisted and go for SEAL or you join officer training. You will not become a SOF officer without having served as an enlisted in SOF before.
Source: me, airborne infantry officer candidate (germany)

I've always had the dream to go into SEALs, I loved swimming in high school and our coach was a green beret said that my personality and mindset would fit in with that crowd.

I was going to go for it straight out of high school but my family convinced me to go to college - I'm graduating in 3 weeks and plan on working for a year and training.

I made the mistake of telling people my goals all I got was ridicule only a very few people close to me were/are supportive of my goal to join.

Going to train my ass off for the next 1.5 years (get back into swimming and running). Maybe I'll see ya there OP

Because chances are you're not shooting the way they want you to.

I had the dream of being an Army ranger but I know I will never pass MEPS with my amblyopia. So now I just want to be a regular 11B Infantryman. I want to be as good of a warrior as I can be.

Why don't you just join the fucking Navy already instead of dicking around in school wasting your prime? You realize you can work on the pussy schoolwork stuff while you're serving. I will never fucking understand school cucks.

I dream of becoming a WWE wrestler
I'm 18 and skeleton but I'm here so that's something

I want to live in a small cabin in the woods with my two dogs and grow vegetables
I also want a small lake where I can swim every day
And to be a magical forest fairy princess

It's not unobtainable. You will need to dedicate yourself completely to it. It will need to come above everything else in your life.

I wanted to be a fighter pilot since I was 5. I told everyone I knew, and they thought it was just me daydreaming, even my family. I chased my dream every day, and I ended up typing this post wearing a flight suit.

Go for it, OP. To be among the best you need to be the best. There are no days off.

For the past year I've been taking acting classes, literally everybody from my friends to my coworkers to my family takes every chance they can to rib me about how much time and money I'm "giving away" by going to classes, getting headshots, traveling to auditions, buying books, etc etc etc. For example, I was eating with some friends last Thursday and we were talking about our high school days; I did an impression of a certain teacher we all had, and immediately somebody piped up with "Wow, those acting classes sure are paying off, user!" Cue laughter.

I can understand their skepticism and I'm even willing to believe that they're trying to discourage me so I don't have to face disappointment and rejection in the future, and while I don't need or expect their support I would appreciate it if they understood that I've made a firm decision regarding what I'd like to do with my life. At the very least I'd hope they think up of some better jokes or jabs at my expense because I'm starting to get bored of hearing the same ones over and over.

>and I ended up typing this post wearing a flight suit.

So you bought a flight suit to shitpost in? Wow

Same man

Join the Rojava

If you blow up, fuck them niggas.
Don't give them a fucking cent.
Throw parties in your big house with dank cocaine and bitches half nekkid walking around and invite them and be condescending.

Pretty sure you could join a swat team. Or a prison special ops team.

Thanks. My parents want me to go to OCS after I graduate and do something technical, but I want a fast paced life. I know I won't be making as much money as an officer would, but I would much prefer an interesting life that suits my interests.

I want to be a dentist but I have shit A lvls and a bad grade degree already, feel like I've only just woken up to reality at 22

Unironically though, how do you become an actor? How do you find auditions and casting calls? What legitimate resources do you use?

>wearing a flight suit to browse Veeky Forums

I want to be a Marine. I know that part isn't unrealistic, but I'm hoping that I can prove myself enough to be taken in as a Raider. I want to be the absolute best of the best and show everyone, including my past self, that they were wrong for ever doubting me. I want to see my parents' proud faces when their boy comes home a Raider after serving his country.

Just a tip: make sure you want to be a Raider because you actually want to be a Raider. Because I guarantee you will not make it if your primary reason for doing it is just to prove your worth.

Yeah I desperately want to be as strong and fit as batman. I'm currently in my 3rd month back at the gym after 5 months last year and dyel before that. I got a loooong ways to go but it's okay I'll be batman someday.

18 isn't your prime

What do you fly?

Here you go

While I like this and will probably incorporate a lot of the cardio aspects of this once i get past dyel stage, i do worry about the lack of squats and bench.

Also I am a black belt in shotokan karate so kata training will be cool, but I haven't done that in yeaaarrrs

That shit is also impossible and doinf a workout regiment like that will obliterate yohr joints
>4:50 minute mile
Olympic runners struggle with that

Yeah, I know, being literally batman is impossible even with roids, but I can look like him, and a lot of those trainings are good, just not as frequently.

I want to join my universities football team. They're a D2 winning team, and I've never played football before. I've got about 1.5 years to get in shape and prove myself, and damnit if I don't plan on it.

This is a meme routine developed by a fat comic book writer because he didn't know anything about lifting or fighting and just wrote down what he thought looked cool. The only thing this routine will do is destroy you. There are no benefits to be had here.

>wanting to be a raider before you've even joined the marines

You know you have to be at least an E-4 with two years in before you can even go to A&S? That being said why haven't you joined yet?

SOF wannabe threads are consistently the best threads on this board.

Not to mention those weight numbers

>3x7 power cleans 262
>five by fucking seven 600lbs deadlifts
>followed by another 30 at 300

This routine was written by a paraplegic no doubt

You made 1pl8, give it a little while and of you are consistent with your training you will make little gains. 5, 10lb and next thing you know 1pl8 will be your warmup set. Stick with it user, you will be there in no time.

Because my parents are old and decrepit and they have a wood stove. I'm not going to leave my family to freeze over the harsh winters here because my father can't cut or cart wood on his own. I had to wait until the heating situation was taken care of, and it will be this spring. We're installing a new heating system that won't require any physical labor on his part so I can leave them with a clear conscience.

I was the 4th best shooter in my unit, only 3 to beat me were salty ass higher enlisted

>out shot all the "I've been shooting all my life" fags

shot a gun maybe 2 times before I joined
I had 0 bad habits to unlearn so I was able to focus on training better

neat, but that's not how the U.S. military works friendo

Not true. The buds video's show an officer dude in like his 3rd time trying for it. He wasn't a very good leader and kept fucking up, but still was an officer at least by rank.

I'm quite amphibious, all the underwater pool week 4 (whichever week it is) shit looked fun to me. But one guy struggled hard with simply laying a foot underwater and witholding water from draining down this throat. He couldn't pass simply because of this. I've tried it and my physiology doesn't auto-block water from rushing up my noes while laying head back...you might want to try this.

Have an agent be willing to take you on. Have a resume including local commercials, stage work, even get a job working on set to pay bills. That's how I'd do it, but the agent thing is pretty key then start forming relationships.

'Couch potato to navy seal in one year

Its a stupid goal, and one I wont achieve

I'm in college and a SEAL hopeful as well. Just keep your head down, work hard, and don't quit.
If you haven't already, be sure to check the forums on sealswcc website and the reddit /r/ navyseals or something. There's a ton of valuable information on there.
Just a heads up, Veeky Forums training is not always in line with preparing for BUD/S. You have 4 years, so you have plenty of time to work for aesthetics, pick up chicks, and have fun in college (like I'm doing). But by your junior year, you'll want to start focusing on the PTG, preparing for the PST.

I used to want to get into the SAS. Spent 5 years in the infantry and slowly my priorities changed. I got a GF and enjoyed life. Made plans to travel with her. Suddenly it didn't seem so attractive to be away for 9 months of the year and not able to tell people where. Few mates from my company got in that I used to train with and keep up with. If my relationship falls apart I'll probably go back and give it a shot, I'm still young enough.

When people say it's psychological they don't just mean pushing past your limits on selection course. It's sacrificing most of your life to the unit.

People will give you shit and say it's unrealistic because they've seen hundreds of slowflake recruits who think they couldn't possibly be "just" an infantryman, and turn out to be average to poor soldiers. So my advice would be to keep your aspirations mostly to yourself. Power through your training, never EVER let yourself stop when you feel you need to. The most valuable thing you can train is your ability to keep going when your body says you can't, and you can strengthen this willpower like you would a muscle.

This is almost always true. Sure there are a couple exceptions but for the most part the best shooters on any given military range learned how to shoot in the military. I literally never touched a gun before joining and I consistently shoot range high every time I do annual rifle qualification.

Then again there are a lot of people in the military who are just plain terrible at shooting, regardless of experience. I seriously can't believe how bad most of the military is at basic marksmanship.

But I digress. Marksmanship is low on the list of importance in SOF outside of the sniper community obviously. I wouldn't worry about it. They will teach you if you don't already know. If you can't learn to shoot, you wont stand a chance learning the actual stuff that seperates special operators from regular infantrymen.

Whenever I see people on this board talking about going SOF or whatever, I remember talking with a Raider who said at one point they shot teargas grenades all over a mountainside and everyone had to run through multiple miles of teargas with a 100lb ruck on their back and no gas mask. He said his existence just entered another dimension of pain and suffering and had no idea how the fuck he ever made it.

You could be the most fit dude in the world, if you don't have the mindset for SOF, you will never be SOF. From the SEALs I've been able to work with on a SSGN, nobody sitting in a thread like this going, "Hur I'm useless and wanna be somebody I'm gonna be a SEAL I guess," is ever going to make it. All of those guys were dead set fucking relentless on getting where they wanted to be. Not every SEAL grew up wanting to be one, but every SEAL grew up without ever learning what it feels like to quit. One of the fuckers I spoke with said he can't swim for shit but managed to gorilla his way through the swim tests until it came to the one where you have to get across the pool underwater without coming up. He failed it multiple times, and when they told him it was his last try, he dumped all of his air the second he hit the water and crawled across the pool on the bottom, losing consciousness right after touching the wall and had to be pulled out. Technically passed.

I wouldn't mind going to ranger school and getting tabbed.
Also, getting a PhD as well sometime in the future.

I believe in you OP

Ok walter. Whatever you say mate.

This guy makes a good point too. If you want to be a special operator you need to be prepared to literally dedicate the rest of your life to the military. Youre basically a professional athlete, but with no off season. If you're not deployed, you're training. You might get a couple weeks a year to go home and visit your family, but your ass belongs to SOCOM.

I don't envy those guys. Huge amounts of respect, but it's not an appealing lifestyle

Don't underestimate what regular infantry know either though. I guess it's different in the US where the MOS is quite specialized. But in places like AUS, NZ, UK a corporal might have been in several of Recon, Snipers, Sigs, or DFSW, and done a platoon commander's course if he's looking at sergeant soon, after 10 years or more. SAS just takes it to the next level, perfecting absolutely everything and doing it over longer distances with worse odds.

All of my goals. Get Veeky Forums, finish mech engineering degree, join navy (submariners), join SASR, join French Foreign Légion, go to Antartica, have several kids, partake in fascist overthrow of my government, read an hour a day, grow a beard.

I just want to have an interesting life to tell my grandchildren about.

Start small. Read up on Uta Hagen's work, and develop some insight into the craft, and look for workshops in your area. Once you're comfortable with the practice, start at small local and/or university theatres (depending on what's in your proximity). Look on community boards for things like student and independent films as well.

You may not want to do musicals, but it's a good idea to figure out your range and at least practice singing somewhat regularly, but not necessarily practice with shit on the radio. Dancing is also a plus, but again not needed outright.

I wouldn't get an agent until you've gotten some credits to your name first, simply because a) your history will let them know what you're capable of before they send you somewhere, and b) their personal financial stake with a total freshman is low so they aren't as likely to give you enough attention.

I would also do some of what said, specifically the stage hand and set jobs, because it gets your foot in the door with actors and other professionals that can point the way and help you out. It also teaches you the process behind everything, since walking into a tech as an actor that is totally new to everything may throw you off and slow everything down, hurting your image.

>t. theatre major with performance concentration

What's walt about some lance jack getting a missus and getting out after a trip or two? Happens every day.

>getting gassed on a death hike

Yep. Pretty much standard procedure at any military school worth a shit. It's fucking sadistic, but it's also a rite of passage. At SSBC they gas you right in the middle of a 12 mile ruck which is the final exercise before you become a sniper. Dudes were crying and puking (myself included) but once you've made it that far not a single person is thinking about giving up.

There are plenty of dudes who look like out of shape turds that make it into SOF and other elite units, only difference is they have some reservoir of strength they can access that your average person can't.

What do they do with you if you fail?

Send you wherever the Navy needs you

Because of my unrealistic goals of myself is why i always fail or burn out.

Either this

Or if you're good enough/the instructors like you they might send you to another high speed school. Chances are though you'll just go needs of the navy

Become a polymath da vinci type.
Break physical fitness world records in strength, stamina and speed.
Be an actual wizard.
Rule the world.

I want to be a model.

I'm unfortunately a femlet and even if I was a solid 10 it's likely I'd have trouble finding work because I'm too short.

So my only hope is to be a faggot Instagram "model" but I want to look pretty in pictures.

Pics, we will be judge of your modelling skills user.

>I want to look pretty in pictures

Behold the aspirations of an American female

So does every single fucking person posting on the fucking board wants that you waste of spunk.

She actually has the fucking spine to be honest and not try to create some completely transparent pseudo intellectual bullshit to justify it.

when will white knights give it up? She is't going to fuck you.

I been there brah.
2pl8 diddly felt like death
3pl8 diddly felt impossible
4pl8 diddly FLEW THE FUCK UP LIKE A MOTHERFUCKIN JETPACK
keep at it my dude, we're all gonna make it

>Be an actual wizard
Unless you mean the /r9k/ type, that seems more impossible than unrealistic/unlikely.

post ass

Maybe with an attitude like that it is

With a Will there is a Way.

>8ch * ne t/fringe

I'm actually gunning for Green beret

Just started college at 21, have debts, have horrific social skills, and morbidly obese.

Cutting to 10% though for the next year so maybe in the next 3 I can improve everything.

>TFW when eagle scout
>TFW i like teaching but never get to do it because I'm a fat cunt with low self esteem
>TFW very good at breaking things

Its like i was born for it but i think even getting a Bachelors at 27 will put me out of the running for option 18x

I want to date Taylor Swift

Just give it up man. You will never be a green beret