Leaving Anytime Fitness

What's the quickest way out of an Anytime Fitness membership?

It's not that it's too much work to go to the gym. I'm considering going trans (MtF), and if I decide to follow through on this my new fitness goals won't really justify paying for a gym membership. The things that led me to sign up in the first place were a somewhat physical job (most important is leg/back/core, heavy lifting) and cycling, in addition to just wanting to look better--I'm a bit scrawny. I've never really wanted to be super muscly. I'll keep cycling and buy my own weights to stay in shape, since I won't be lifting anything really heavy.

Info on my membership: it's pretty new, I signed up this January (not a resolutioner, I waited a month for a sign-up discount) and I have a two-year contract (impulse buy for $10 savings per month iirc). I think I remember reading that if I want out I'll have to transfer my membership to someone else, rather than just discontinue it. Any pointers on finding someone? Are there restrictions, like, do they have to go to the same location or anything?

Not op but anyone?

I literally just signed up last week for the year contract and only way out no questions asked is if I move or get sick (assume I'd need proofs for both of them) else I have to buy out the contract at max 300 or depending how much I have left in contract.

You could get out of it by killing yourself.

There aren't restrictions based on location. When you sign up for Anytime, you have access to any of their locations, which is the reason I liked Anytime when I was a member.

Why would you buy a two-year contract? I doubt you came up with the idea to transition in the past couple of months, you should have had a little foresight. Your best bet is to just suck it up and buy your contract out.

because you are statistically likely to KYS later, i recommend just doing it now and not worrying about cancelling the membership.

Call your credit card company and say your card has been lost. New card with new number will be rushed to you. Old charges won't go through, gym is shit out of luck unless they decide to send it to collections (doubt they'd bother).

Only real way is tell them you've moved and there are none at a convenient location nearby. Worked for me after much of their persistence.

>I'm considering going trans (MtF)
just kys you mentally ill fuck

Technically the quickest way would be to kill yourself you degenerate waste of oxygen

suicide

the closest you'll get to be a grill is in the highway, faggot.
I'm expecting to see you in the morning news, please don't let me down.

Don't go trans you dumb fuck, its just a phase faggot.

quickest way is suicide OP

good luck, have fun

^

What kind of person makes a post about gym memberships only to twist it to get attention about being a transsexual

This

they make you give them bank details so they can do direct withdrawls, when I joined I had to give them mine even though I paid for the whole contract on the spot
I assume you have gumtree in your country, people in aus use that to sell membership and keyfobs, still got my $70 plastic on my keys
anyway the only ways as I know it are transfering to another person, moving far away from any of their gyms that it's too much of a hassle or medical like you die
when I cancelled, I was told I had to give them 30 days notice and they already took another months pay out of my bank (they never did) so I signed a quitting form once my contract was up and got an extra month for free
they are dodgy but their gym was good, learn to read fine print

Top tier advice

Why the fuck would you sign a year long contract then change your mind a fucking week later?

>the closest you'll get to be a grill is in the highway, faggot.
...Fuck, that's actually pretty good.

Cooldown period?

>$48 per month and requires annual contract

3rd world hurts