40-year study on coffee consumption

>jn.nutrition.org/content/146/7/1373
>40-year study concludes that drinking coffee has a positive impact on your life expectancy, 2-3 cups daily yielding the best results

Why aren't you drinking your coffee, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21809439
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw drink 5 cups a day on average
I need to slow this down

I have Crohn's fuck off

>among 4000 female nurses

they need to cover a larger range of demographics for it to be really conclusive.

I drink around a pot of black coffee a day regardless though.

>2-3 cups daily yielding the best results
Why isn't more better? I usually drink like six maybe

2-3 strong cups a day make me feel kinda tired, with, lets say, normal energy levels lasting around 2 hours after each cup. Thats why I switched to drinking cofee only as a preworkout, so 3-4 times a week. Works like a wonder so far, keeps me high energy throughout 2 hours of workout, and weekly dose of cafein is still small enough to not increase your tolerance.

My dad drinks 10 cups of coffee a day and has done so since the 80s. I have no idea how he does it

Accordingly, 2-3 cups seem to have the optimal impact on telomeres. As with just about everything else, moderation is key, and at some point, you're going to see diminishing returns or even adverse effects on your health. That said, individuals may vary, of course. 2-3 cups is a conclusion based on 4000+ women, and for all I know it could be even higher for men.

I effectively do this, I make one stupidly strong long black in the morning (aeropress ftw) and dilute it further with more dashes of boiling water to reheat my drink every half-hour throughout the day.

>eat around 2,500 calories per day for best results
>why isn't more better then??

because positive results are a lie

people are extremetly unhealthy, reason they feel "alive" because in general people ARE IN SHIT CONDITION

I quit about a month ago. Should I start again?

you would be right if we wanted to be 100% certain, but 4000 is a huge number.
even if only on girls thats some good evidence

Well, I guess this is the reason I needed to finally quit coffee.

Where did coffee being bad for you even come from anyway?

I've never seen anything concrete to suggest that a few cups of black coffee a day is anything but good.

google "coffee telomeres" second link, I can't post link for some reason.

>Results suggest that caffeine consumption accounts for shorter telomeres in U.S. adults, independent of numerous covariates, whereas coffee intake predicts longer telomeres.

So it maybe its the polyphenols which cause this anti-aging effect?

So maybe decaff or low caffeine coffee would be ideal?

I've been drinking 2 cups a day for 10 years so I guess I'm on track.

Sips>>>coffshit

>Lifetime coffee consumption may grant marginal life expectancy increases

that's nice and all but I think we all know the real reason to drink coffee

you know the whole "boosts productivity by 3x" thing

you're being tricked by the coffee jew.
caffeine is drugs and neurotoxic.

20 y/o, never really had coffee. I don't want to become addicted like my roommates and parents who need it every single day to function. Also wasn't a huge fan of the taste.

>study comes out urging everybody to continue drinking world's second most traded commodity

well hot damn.

you all enjoy your yellow teeth, thankfully my body isn't such trash that i need to keep jolting it with caffeine every 4 hours

no.

It may not be a direct affect...could be that they protect against a ROS that causes shorter telomeres. There are more phytonutrients in coffee beyond polyphenols, such as chlorgenic acid.

Decaff may not be ideal, because often this process removes a significant amount of these anti oxidants. I cultivar that naturally has a lower amount of caffeine may be useful. Which also begs the question the type of coffee; different roasts/level of processing could have been ingested by the participants (very likely). In this study, there is no way to control for that, but in future study designs I think that would be an objective worth investigating

cant be fucked clicking a link

how much is a 'cup' of coffee? 2 espresso shots?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21809439

this is interesting stuff.

>Dark roast coffee is more effective than light roast coffee in reducing body weight, and in restoring red blood cell vitamin E and glutathione concentrations in healthy volunteers.

this guy's seeing the big picture. while it's somewhat unlikely that researchers are paid directly to find results like these, grants and funding are tied to maintaining status quo. you won't ever get funding for something that isn't relevant and what's more relevant than having to get up in the morning and go to work. this study is then going to find itself linked in health blogs, news articles and clickbait, reinforcing a narrative of employment.

the push to get smarter with nootropics, reduce stress, relax more - all tied to more and more work. not in a simple conspiracy kind of way pointing to jews, but a more complicated and deeply entrenched ideology tied to commodity flows and power relations.

that said, gotta study for exams. gonna make some coffee.

>study only covers 4000 nurses
>nurses

jesus fucking christ, I always hate shit like that. there's so much fucking work specific stuff that affects people working at hospitals so you can never know whether results actually apply to people outside that field of work

why not just expand the goddamn sample in order to get some better representation going?

t. someone who has read a shit ton of studies

coffee gave me gerd
fuck that shit

coffee cured my creatine addiction