Is there a sexier thing to do in the gym than weighted pull-ups? I fucking doubt it...

Is there a sexier thing to do in the gym than weighted pull-ups? I fucking doubt it. What's your go-to lift for showing off for gym qts?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-ab-exercises
strongfirst.com/the-fighter-pullup-program-revisited/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Weighted pull ups/chin ups and dips. Doing 3 plate dips while weighing 175 gets a bunch of mires.(no I'm not talking about those pussy dips where u put the weight on your lap)

>no I'm not talking about those pussy dips where u put the weight on your lap
huh? how do you even...?

>he doesn't do weighted leg raises while doing weighted dips

Not gonna make it

u know those bench dips that ppl do, yea its possible to put weight on it by putting weight on ur lap but its stupid so dont do it

ah yeah.. didn't even count that as dips lol

Bro, I fucking suck at pull ups. Any tips how i'd improve?

Fix your posture. No joke I found out you tend to use your lats when you sit with shit posture and it causes them to be used constantly to correct your shit. So you end up having lats that are weak for the pulling motion necessary.

Do more pull ups

>start going to gym in September
>decide on SS
>go to do pull ups
>can't do more than 5
>fast forward to now
>still can't do more than 5
What did God mean by this?

do em everyday, do what you can. on back day do alot of lat pull down, lose weight.

There is no shortcut with pull ups.

Do more sets and less reps

Cable work if you can't get the reps in doing pull-ups. Lat pulldowns obviously, but seated cable rows too. Do em like Arnold and bend at the hips to increase the range of motion.

You're gonna make it. Pretty soon you'll be swaggering around with 2pl8 swinging from a dip belt like a huge fucking dong. No better feeling in the gym.

I'm doing chin ups and I aim to perfect them before I start on pull ups. I want to get to 3x15 chin ups perfect form, then start on pullups. Just a couple months back I couldn't do one of either, but I can do 5x8 and now 3x12 chins. In also doing barbell rows and some reverse curls to prepare for pull ups. I want to get to the point where I can do 3x15 of each on alternating days, and then start adding weight.

These are my go-to exercise. I've worked up to 6@70lbs added so I can already do more than what most people do for dips in my gym.

I also do them in the squat cage because the pullup/dip rack at my gym is tilted sideways by a good inch or two. I swear he is one of you autists but someone angrily tried to explain that the pullup bar in the squat rack isn't for pullups and for me to go do them somewhere else. I said no and finished my last set while he glared at me from another cage.

OHP. They love the idea that you could lift them over your head

Good point. I've gotten mires before doing dumbell OHP. Looks best if you do it standing.

Pull ups use your abs more than most ab exercises, if you suck at them or hate them, maybe you have weak abs.

>SS
>do rows or clean once a week while getting fat
>expect to do more pull ups
unless you've added pull ups as an accessory, shouldn't expect much else
but if you are actively doing pull ups and haven't improved then you need to change something up
more volume, weighted, grease the groove w/e

5 pl8 deadlift. Makes all my muscles and veins stand out and it gets mires. Not the best weight, but it's pretty impressive to normies apparently.

this is stupid, why are you stupid. Lats motherfucker do u even

have you tried training them

>this is stupid

wow nice rebuttal. strict pull-ups work one's and more than most ab isolations. i don't know why you'd try to refute that unless you don't know what you're talking about

2.5 plates a side isnt impressive to normies you massive fgt

cock pushups

>Do em like Arnold and bend at the hips to increase the range of motion.

Literally what? Seems like range of motion is limited by the distance between your chest and hands. What to hips have to do with this?

Nice. Sometimes I see some weird people at the gym and ask myself if they're from Veeky Forums.

How? There's no reason for your to use your core other than to be solid and not jiggle/sway. This takes almost no core. Maybe it's you with the weak core, thinking pullups are harder on your abs than isolation.

Try it. Bend forward at the hips (keep your back STRAIGHT) so that you can lower the weight stack all the way back down, then straighten back up as you perform the next rep. This will involve the lats as well, versus doing it strictly which makes it pretty much a back-only exercise.

>BW Chin Up
461 peak emg
>Front Plank
33.5 peak emg
>100 lb Crunch
83.2 peak emg
>405lb deadlift
97.3 peak emg

Sorry bro, chicks don't dig diddlylifts.

Where'd you get these numbers?

t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-ab-exercises

lmao at deadlift

OHP will get mires with good weights

I would of argued with you on this until i started doing +45lbs pull ups with the dumbell between my feet. Holy shit does that kill my abs.

WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF WOULD OF

>don't lift
>can do ten pullups
What did god mean by this?

sumo deads

Thank me later user, you are on ideal number of pull-ups for a begginer. This shit works, I could barely do 5 as well, now my AMRAP is 20-ish pull ups(take or add 2 depending wether i do them first thing in gym or later during training) . My experience tells me you don't have to do them every day, every other day works great as well but it takes longer to hit desired numbers. Godspeed user!

strongfirst.com/the-fighter-pullup-program-revisited/

i couldnt do single one strict wide grip pullup in september last year, now i can bang 10 on good day

i also begun lifting on september and i weighted 84 kg, 96 rn

>H-hey. Wanna see me stack the leg press?

That you're half repping ya dip