Red pill me on incline bench

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthandconditioningresearch.com/exercises/bench-press/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ayy lmao, that's crazy

>tfw struggle with lmao2pl8

wtf is that?

impressive!

Only good for bench-specific (read: PL-specific) tricep and front delt hypertrophy because of the increased ROM.
Doesn't allow you to use leg drive so you can't use it for max strength.
Doesn't do shit for the upper pec because that is not how the upper pec works. Common misconception. Use low to high cable crossovers if you are that concerned.

If you are a recreational lifter, do OHP. If you PL, do incline bench. If you want to train smaller stabilisers, use cables and dumbells.

He is doing front rasies with your deadlift max

This hurts the hernia.

To me this looks like he failed the first rep and hes just using his belly to build momentum so he can bounce it back up on the rack.

Probably the single best exercise for upper chest development

>Suicide grip
Fucking why

useless unless you're on steroids trying to bb

Reverse grip bench activates the upper pecs better, and is easier on your shoulders. do it instead, ok?

Damn suicide gripping a 5pl8+ bench what a way to go out.

that a boy?

fuaaaarrkkkk I wanna destroy her/him

>he failed his first rep 8 times

Better ROM than flat bench, harder to cheat it (although not impossible) through meme form bridges, also harder to cheat it than OHP and uses more weight and stresses chest more than OHP. If you had only one barbell upper-body press for sports, the Incline Press is the one to use, Bill Starr would have recommended it in his gridiron program except a lot of schools don't have the bench for it whereas flat benches are more common.

yes

lol i worked security with this guy once, I saw him walking up for a long way away my first thought was

>is this short guy serious with the ILS

then he got closer.... and it looked like he had a fucking turtle shell on his back, dudes arms/back were perma lat flare mode, and his hear follicles where like steel wool, anyway at 5'7" I think dude is rock fucking solid with that fucking grip I promise

>Doesn't do shit for the upper pec because that is not how the upper pec works. Common misconception.
Except you're spouting a common misconception you retard.
strengthandconditioningresearch.com/exercises/bench-press/
"Clavicular head

Assessing the effect of bench angle, Barnett et al. (1995) found a difference between 40 degrees (superior) and -18, 0 and 90 degrees. Trebs et al. (2010) found a difference between 44 and 56 degrees and all other test angles – 0 and 28 degrees. Lauver et al. (2015) reported superior muscle activity while performing the bench press at angle of 30 and 45 degrees compared with -15 and 0 degrees. Glass & Armstrong (1997) compared the 15 degrees below horizontal decline bench press to the 30 degrees incline bench press and found no difference in pectoralis major clavicular head muscle activity. Therefore, the data appears to indicate that bench angles between 30 and 56 degrees display superior pectoralis major clavicular head muscle activity than steeper or less inclined variations."

>I get all of my info from Jeff cavalier

>2017
>still doing incline bench for upper chest

>benching with no rack

>doesnt allow you to use leg drive

have you ever incline benched in your life? of course you can use some leg drive jesus christ

also
>cables
>stabilisers

you must be trolling

>not doing the roll of shame if need be
i doubt you'd do enough weight with double underhand grip bench anyway

It sucks. I fucking hate doing it, but since I work out at home and don't have room for a flat bench, I'm stuck with it.

>grip straps to bench
what

>not using straps for everything
>hammer curls with straps
>drinking your shake with straps
>ohp with straps
etc etc

>current year
>not doing incline reverse grip

Well damn. TIL. Sorry for sucking so much dick.
(You still didn't disprove how cable crossovers don't build the upper pec though)
Please teach me how to use leg drive without fully contracting my glutes as happens in incline bench.
Not him, but similar desu. It would help if the compound movement advocates like Rip, Wendler etc wrote articles or did podcasts on "bodybuilding" aspects of lifting.

>(You still didn't disprove how cable crossovers don't build the upper pec though)
I don't know about cable crossovers as I don't do them but that wasn't the point. The point was that numerous studies confirm incline bench press engages upper pec more than flat bench press.

>Incline bench press engages upper pec more than flat bench press
≠ engages it sufficiently enough for amazing, "whole" pecs.

How do I use straps with the water fountain? People keep giving me weird looks when I drink strapless.