I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 for two months now and I decided I wanna change program

I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 for two months now and I decided I wanna change program.

I'm between Veeky Forums's Greyskull LP and Candito's 6 Week program. Which should I pick, Veeky Forums?

I'm at 2pl8 squat and deadlift and 1pl8 bench @ 5'11 and 220lbs so I'm still pretty novice.

? do any program
lose some weight first plz u fatass

First I want to get better at lifting then I'll cut.

M8 just stick with 5x5 till you complete the program then switch over to grey skull isn't going to be as beneficial to you because you'll be lowering the volume overall

you can lose fat and make noob gains at the same time if u have just started.
Happened to me.

That's what I'm doing rn but I'm also practicing BJJ twice a day so I'm not worried about my weight so much.

I really have a problem w/ squatting everyday and the 5x5 range. I feel like it focus too little on the upper body which is my weaker part.

i'm doing the Veeky Forums GSLP but 5x5ing it

Are you doing the last set AMRAP? What are you thinking of it?

Why would anyone do Candito's program? He looks like shit.

Rippetoe, Mehdi and Blaha also look shit and people do their programs.

candito fegit

What is the Veeky Forums gslp? I didn't see it anywhere in the sticky and I've just been doing the normal baseline gslp program but without knowing what to do with accessories it feels WAY too short

I switched from SL to Arnold's Golden six with a few adjusted. I never see this program mentioned here, but it's pretty good.
> Squats 3x10
> OHP 3x10
> Bench press 3x10
> Pullups 3x10
> Preacher curls 3x10
> Ab work after (leg raises, planks etc)
After every 4 weeks you add one set to each exercise, topping out at 6 sets.

Oh and that's 3x a week.

Is this for bodybuilding? Veeky Forums looks more oriented towards strength training/powerlifting

you can barely dl your bodyweight and want to leave your novice program? well greyskull is another novice program do it if it sounds better to you, c6w is way too advanced. you dont need to stay on a novice program until 1/2/3/4 but dling bodyweight is really fuckin low

lol updawg is this u? fucken fag get back to this discord and stop asking these dyel losers for advice

this progra mwas made by trappychan that faggot that was pretending to be a girl and actually never had lifted. dont run this autistic shit that a complete dyel wrote. follow a proper time proven tested program written by a strength and conditioning coach

bro, same. I keep it 5x5 for bench and squat, but do 3x5 deadlift, otherwise keep the numbers posted on there. I've been progressing steadily that way, although I'm curious to try the 2x5, 1x5+ AMRAP scheme. I think that might progress weight faster, lately I go up in weight and start failing the last few reps on the 5th set, which makes me hesitant to progress the weight further next time.

pic related

Only Starting Strength attends those requirements

It's a novice program. It's to give you a good base of strength and growth, especially good for tall ectomorphs. It's an adjusted program of what Arnold first did in a gym in Austria.

>2pl8 squat and deadlift
>ready to change

Kek, just do starting strength until you hit 4/3/2/1

>just do starting strength until you hit 4/3/2/1
Is this actually good advice? I feel like I'll take a bit of a while until I hit 4/3/2/1... like at least a year. Should I really be running SS for that long? Even though I'll probably stop linear progression way before that?

Is this routine legit?

if you're resting and eating enough.

>mfw I have huge trouble sleeping
STOP TAKING AWAY MY GAINS, GOD

no it was written by a dyel man that pretended to be a girl on /plg/ for months on end now hes finnaly left. theres n testimonies for it, no guarantee it works, nuffin. do at ur own risk

It's just SL with accesories and less squat volume.

Do SS until you hit a 3 pl8 squat. Then do candido. Shouldn't take long to get there

>tfw Candito goes to the same gym you do and you see him every so often

I actually asked the creator of GSLP (Johnnie Pain) directly, and his view is that you can add as many accessories as you want as long as A) you give 100% when you do them and take them as seriously as the 'main' lifts despite their 'accessory' status B) you do two sets of each maximum; if you can do more you're not giving 100%, increase the weight C) it doesn't interfere with your other training or hamper recovery.

Another thing he's written a lot about is the calisthenics and plyometrics part of his program. It rarely gets mentioned on Veeky Forums and the Veeky Forums GLSP doesn't have it, but Johnnie Pain thinks of it as just as important, if not MORE important, than the lifting. Specifically he recommends daily chin-ups and push-ups, adding bodyweight dips when you get stronger, and also lots of burpees and a ton of other HIIT and conditioning work-outs. Basically, GSLP is "true" version of crossfit, where you're supposed to do different sorts of training. That's why the volume is lower than for SL, so you can recover and do the other shit. If the other shit is uninteresting, so SL or SS.