Help me Veeky Forums

Help me Veeky Forums

I've been lifting hard for about a year, and have had awesome noob gains. It's really boosted my confidence, and people have definitely noticed. About a week and a half ago, however, I got injured about a week and a half ago, and it's driving me crazy. I look in the mirror and I see myself disappearing. I feel like I've completely lost all of my progress. Am I going crazy? Is it just my body dysmorphia talking or does a week and a half make a big difference?

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/545781-forearm-tendonitis-and-barbell-curls/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You are crazy.
Change your exerecises to accomodate your injury while you recover, exrx.net and bodybuilding.com have a pretty good index of exercises to choose from.

What type of injury? Try some ostarine that shits amazing with healing injuries. My left tricep was fucked for over a year 2nd week into an ostarine cycle and i was smashing the weights on it again. Plus itll stop muscle waisting as that is what it was designed for

I fucked up writing this because it's early but still

Also a week wont make fuck all difference give it a couple more weeks and lifts will go down.

>I've been lifting hard for about a year, and have had awesome noob gains. It's really boosted my confidence, and people have definitely noticed.

mirin'

>About a week and a half ago, however, I got injured about a week and a half ago, and it's driving me crazy.

Lifting with good form usually helps you avoid injury. Even if you think your form is perfect, it's better to ask for a form check than hurt yourself. What did you hurt?

>I look in the mirror and I see myself disappearing. I feel like I've completely lost all of my progress. Am I going crazy?

Yes. 2 weeks isn't enough time for gains to disappear, unless you're just not eating, sleeping, or drinking water. In which case you've got bigger problems

>Is it just my body dysmorphia talking

Yes.

or does a week and a half make a big difference?

No.

Hurt my wrist/forearm lifting too hard on the barbell curl. I definitely had bad form cheating reps at the end and I won't make that mistake again

>doing curls
NEVER GONNA MAKE IT

Jokes aside, cheating reps on curls is fine imo, as long as you don't hurt yourself, which you did. Avoid curls (obviously) and see if you can work it. Injuring your arm makes things more difficult than an injury elsewhere since you essentially use your arms for nearly everything. Continue to do your lower body workouts at least, and see what other upper body motions you can do without your wrist hurting. At the very least, you can continue doing legs and such while your wrist heals, so you don't feel so shitty for not going to the gym.

Even if you did lose some muscle it should be easier for you to get it back, a lot faster than it took you to gain it in the first place at any rate.

Yes, you are nuts. I hurt my wrist 5 weeks ago after my year of newbie gains and I am just now starting to see real losses in muscle mass. I took the injury as a reason to focus on diet and fat loss - now doing running HIIT and leg workouts only until my wrist gets better, should only be a couple more weeks.

OP is literally me (week and a half and the excact spot on my forearm)

I'm going in today to do a full blown upper body workout. Everything I can hit. Mainly so I'm not feeling like shit 24/7 and tricking my brain into realizing I haven't lost all my muscle mass.

Fuck
I'm new and my arms have been hurting a lot
It's on the elbow joint and I can't even hold my arm straight
Will I make it or did I fuck up hard

I tore my lower forearm doing meme wrist curls for the first time btw lmao never again

>It's on the elbow joint

Give it a rest, ice it for a few days and see if it gets better. You probably just sprained it, but if the problem persists for a few weeks I'd see a doctor.

Never understood why people do this meme excercise. If you wanna get bigger forearms and improve your grip strength, do deadlifts, rows, and farmers walks without straps.

It might be hard, but it's better than doing fuckign wrist curls for 5 sets of 50 with 5 pound weights

Thanks dude
Have a meme

I didn't know any better and did it for the first time with 12 lb weights reverse curls.

I'm a dumbass.

you just lost your pump OP

Thanks for the meme my man.

Oh also, don't lift weight that you know you can't lift. There's a time and a place for going heavy, but if you're new then you aren't there yet. Go light, work up. I'm sure you know all of this though

I mean, I'm sure it works if you do it right and don't hurt yourself. I just figure if I'm gonna do something weird in the gym, I might as well do a big lift or something that works more than one muscle.

could be tendonitis, if youe elbow hurts when gripping with your palms up i think thats the case.it happened to me.be careful friend.

Nah it only hurts when is try to straighten my arm
Which sucks because I was supposed to do cable iron crosses today

I definitely was feeling it in the extensors until my muscle was bulging out from underneath.

Reverse curls are great for forearms but don't target the extensors like wrist curls do. But after that incident I'm never doing those things again.

general snapcity thread?

I have a pain in the middle of my forearm, around pic related area

I mostly feel it when doing barbell curls with Z bar, it's like some kind of burning/pressure pain, not unbearable just uncomfortable (I can do the curls anyway), and I don't feel it at all after my workout

what could it be Veeky Forums? should I be worried? I feel like it will only get worse with time, I had it for months now and it doesn't go away

What's the longest resting time you've done? I would try at least a few days. Do you notice any swelling after a workout?

two days, last year stopped lifting for 5 months, came back at it and the pain was still there

no swelling kind-user, 5 minutes after barbell curls pain goes away and that's that until next day, sometimes I feel it when I grab something very heavy from the floor (just when I do it fast, doesn't happen with deadlifts for example) or do some weird movement with arm to reach for something

No sure user but I don't use the Z for curls anymore because of a similar pain that developed. Went away when I switched back to dB's.

livestrong.com/article/545781-forearm-tendonitis-and-barbell-curls/

>Symptoms

>It is important to note that forearm tendonitis is different than elbow tendonitis, since it only affects the muscles in the forearm. Signs and symptoms you need to look out for include pain in the top of your forearm during and after a barbell curl workout, and swelling and redness of your forearm. You will note that the pain is different from normal muscle stiffness. You will have trouble moving the forearm freely, or making a fist. Grinding sounds are also common. Usually, pain will develop at night, but as the defect develops, you will experience pain during the day as well.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Well has it gotten worse? If you took a break for 5 months and it was still there it really could be anything. Wouldn't worry about it but if it was a pinched nerve it probably should have been healed in that period of time. Only a doctor will be able to tell you obviously.

probs just doms desu

I do dB curls too, maybe I'll have to stick to them only

>pain in the top of your forearm during and after a barbell curl workout
definetely
>You will have trouble moving the forearm freely, or making a fist
second part yes, when I close it very hard I can feel the pain is there

not so severe for me right now but I'm guessing I will experience the rest of those symptoms if I keep going heavy with barbell curls..

>Well has it gotten worse?
not much man, but as you pointed out it should have gone away if it was nothing in the first place

I'm almost certain is forearm tendonitis now that I saw other anons post, I'll look into it

thank you all familia you're great

No problem famalam. Just try to keep it iced for a bit and maybe get something to keep it compressed and see if that helps. Go easy on it for a bit and see if that helps.

We're all gonna make it, you just have to take care of yourself.

If a week and a half ago you injured yourself a week and a half ago, does that mean you injured yourself three weeks ago? Just say that, faggot, no need to throw your story to the chronological cutoff man.

Honestly don't know how you fucking get injured in the gym now adays
You literally have to be autistic

Being new at the gym and learning the big motions can lead to injury if you aren't prepared as possible. It's why you see so many people that look like lanklets deadlifting 300+ pounds with that scared cat back.

Even experienced lifters can get hurt if they mess up a lift trying to set a new pr.

>Be me
>Lift w/My wife
>Hit 4pl8 squat, new pr
>Rack bar, catch my breath, she starts unloading one side of the bar
>she unloads too fast
>bar tips, bar + 4 plates drops, bar end hits the ball of my ankle, shatters it
>tfw can't lift for a while now

Should I divorce her lads?

>letting a woman anywhere near my barbell

You were asking for it desu senpai