Is swimming a meme?

What would be more effective for toning away some skinnyfat, an hour of swimming everyday or an hour of running everyday?

half an hour of either one and a caloric deficit

Swimming is good for you bro.

>swimming
>uses all your muscles

>running
>uses your legs

Which one do you think mate?

Swimming uses everything. It doesn't do as much in terms of cardio, but it burns more fat, and it develops every muscle instead of just your legs and the muscle around your heart. Swim whenever you can.

great, got a holiday in two months but im skinnyfat dyel and don't want to look like a dweeb, an hour/half hour of swimming everyday as well as diet and some light lifting should do the trick I hope

What about rowing on ergometer vs running on the treadmill?

Swimming much better for joints aswell, running might give you bad knees in the long run.

Two months of swimming daily should do the trick. Just make sure you don't completely stop swimming after your holiday or you'll just get fat again.

Rowing is great cardio, as is running on the treadmill. My advice is to use the rowing machine for cardio on whatever day you work shoulders and upper back. Though I'd say you'd want to save it for the end of your workout. Otherwise I'd say just run.

Also make sure to stick to your diet especially strictly when swimming, shit always have left me hungry and craving when I was 12 - 13, apparently its because of how cold the water is.

In the end, yes, swimming is easier on the joints and works more muscle than running, its a proper sculpting sport.

>Best swimmer of the world after a pump
>This body

What the hell? what a meme

Think about it. In the water you're floating. You don't work hard at all to propel yourself running uses every muscle to a greater effect. When you run are you dragging your torso on the ground? No you hold yorself up under full gravity. Are your arms dangling at your side? No of course not. Swimming drains more energy because you're covered in fluid that drains heat very efficiently so you have to work harder to keep your body temp up. I would do both. I swim a mile 4 to 6 times a week and run 3 times a week.

Swimmers are meant to be aerodynamic. The best body for it is tall and thin. Large muscles hurt you as you increase distance because they require more oxygen and blood to keep moving than smaller muscles. A swimmer should look like Phelps, as that is about as aerodynamic as you can be. It's not as attractive, but it is what wins gold medals.

>You don't work hard at all to propel yourself
Have you ever been in a pool? If you're putting any actual effort in swimming can be hard as fuck. Especially if your form isn't absolutely perfect. If it isn't it forces you to pull against greater resistance. The water being such a strong force of resistance is why most people can walk 50m in the time it'd take a swimmer to swim that length at their fastest. Go swim a 200m Butterfly and tell me that swimming doesn't require hard work at all.

Actually a lot of pro swimmers have shoulder arthritis when they retire (~30yo)

Gotta agree with this. I was one of three swimmers from my graduating class on the Varsity team to escape without some kind of damage to my body. My best friend has no cartilage in his left shoulder anymore, and the surgery he had didn't fix what was wrong. Another messed up his back for a while because he was swimming backstroke and didn't stop at the wall so he slammed head on into it. Two others hurt their shoulders pretty bad by the end of senior year doing something. Several others who I swam with outside of my grade left with injuries, predominately shoulder injuries too. I'd blame much of it on bad form for them. Getting in the habit of doing it wrong can fuck your body up for good after years of wear and tear.

reminder that the average public pool is 25% piss

But piss is 95% water

yeah and so's a glass of water with a bit of dog shit in it you silly cunt

toning is a meme

the guy you posted swims for like 10 hours a day