Olympic lifting vs powerlifting physique

Both olympic weightlifting and powerlifting are a sport who can put up the highest numbers.

Both sports benefit from maximal use of one's weight and leverage.

Yet how come so many olympic weightlifter are ripped and musclegods while powerlifters are tubby lardbetas?

because you're probably comparing weightlifters who are not in the 105kg+ class with super heavyweight powerlifters

>Olympics, top athletes in the world
>Lifting meet, anybody with 20 bucks

Not even. If you look at youtube for example.

Barbell brigade crew puts up pretty good natty numbers and all look like your everyday joe.

Take another shitskin manlet olympic lifters lifting the same ratio and all of then are shredded

This.

If a weightlifter is >105kg there is no capping higher weight class for them.

Take Lasha Talakhadze as an example, he's 157 kg according to wiki. He can afford to put on non-lean mass because of his division.

Compare him to the other extreme. Om Yun-chol 55 kg, he lifted over 3 times his body weight 172 kg in Clean-Jerk, you bet he was fucking ripped.

Look at powerlifters that aren't super heavy weight. If they are actually high tier competitive then they will be lean because it's the most efficient way to fill their weightclass. And then look at super heavy weight weight lifters and see that they're fat too because their weight class doesn't have a cap

weightlifting is more about leverage and technique

Is that pissbrah??

You might be on to something here

> "fat powerlifters"

>a sport where people get as fat as possible to gain leverage vs a sport that has to balance weight and strength
GEE. I WONDER WHICH SPORT WOULD PRODUCE MORE ATHLETIC PEOPLE

find me a a tubby lardbeta powerlifter that isn't in 120+ weight category

powerlifting physiques are typically more balanced because weightlifters usually don't bench. other than that it's more about the individual than the sport.

>unbalanced because they don't bench
fuk off, this is a proportional body if I've ever seen one

the chinese actually DO train chest. they're famous for incorporating bodybuilding work in their routines because they believe everything should be in balance. it's not a good representation of weightlifters.

>posting the same Chinese guy repeatedly

He's joocy and his squats are delightful to watch.
China is by far the most dominant nation in the sport so it's fair to say they represent the sport well. Like the guy after you pointed out it would however be good to use a lifter to accompany Lu as an example.

If you want to compare the SHWs, compare them to other SHWs.

A 'muscular' 80 kg powerlifter will look like your run of the mill office worker whereas a 80 kg olympic lifters will look like a fucking greek god

My theory is that during rest days or off season, olympic weightlifters often partake in sports like football (not handegg), sprinting, martial arts etc.

Whereas powerlifters when they dont lift just stuff their face and watch TV in their sofa

What kind of retarded mental gymnastics did you go through to come up with this?

>a compromised athlete does "nothing" during off season
bad bait

never seen them bench though, they doin dem weighted dips

What ever happened to Pissbrah?

The main difference is that the top weightlifters started training young and were not the only ones who did.
Ie the ones you see are the cream of the crop who didn't fall off over the years.
At least for countries who are competitive.

Where as until very recently, powerlifting was just a fall back activity for those who never excelled at a sport but enjoyed lifting weights. So they are not the best possible athletes. This is less and less prevalent as more people get involved in powerlifting, but will be true to some extent forever, just about everywhere.

>powerlifting is training exercises.
It's like the other end of the spectrum from crossfit.
>crossfit is a social cult surrounding training performed in a competitive manner
>powerlifting is not a social cult
>powerlifting is autism surrounding training performed in a competitive manner

I really, really want to see clarence take his shirt off. To prove your hypothesis right or wrong.
Clarence I know you browse here you Irish fuck. Gimme the goods. N-no homo.