Anons, why do you lift?

Anons, why do you lift?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XK7XwLbd-oI
youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7U4F86JMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For her.

In the hope one day I'll work up the nerve to befriend someone again. Last one was 10 years ago.

>this girl could beat 95% of Veeky Forums until they were begging for their life

>befriend

Why so nervous?

Intimidated that I have to confront my poor life choices to get any meaningful attachments.

Don't you meet people at work/school?

so you started lifting like 6 months ago at the max

Yeah of course. But I can never get close to them. Put up barriers, even though I'm generally well liked and make everyone laugh.

atleast this way I wont be a complete loser

Are you seriously bettering yourself?

Trying to. Hoping I succeed at something someday. Then have the confidence to hang out and talk about something less superficial.

Too real

I lift for her

I'm sure you will.

Nobody is perfect and everyone has made mistakes. Owning your errors and bettering yourself makes awesome and you will make a great friend for someone someday.

this. Before lifting i was an fatass autist. Now I'm a buff autist.

I was wasting away on my computer

I somewhat unironically lift for a theoretical racewar/apocalyptic scenario. You never know.

Thanks user, cheers.

I'm into mountaineering activities.

Being stronger helps me raft longer, climb harder, run farther.

uhh....yea

Also it feels good.

White power

I want to play football for my university.

This is desu one of the reasons I work out, autism aside, being I traveling violin player in a post apocalyptic world feels comfy

muscles aint bullet proof, ya dingus

>he thinks the guy is lifting to stop bullets

You're dumb as shit, you know that?

I don't want to look small in my sons babypictures

The bigger I get, the smaller everyone else is which means the less nervous I feel around people and can talk more easily to em.

also people seem to like you more when you are large but are nice. Folks like the whole gentle giant thing and will treat you with better respect because of it.

at least in my experience so far.

>he thinks lifting will help him in a world where people have guns and the new currency will be useful trades.

you're dumb as shit, you know that?

>being physically fit isn't important in a scenario where conventional tools and technology aren't working or easily accessible

Seriously, FUCKING neck yourself

Because I'm a vapid cunt and want to improve my self worth. Recently started reading more, so i guess there's that too

By this logic, why lift now? All of those things currently hold true anyways.

>He thinks being able to do a perfect 500lb deadlift is more important then learning applicable skills

Okay princess. You go back to your conan fantasy land.

>you can only do one or the other

I'm guessing you don't lift at all

Lets say I got a gun

Two people wanna get in my camp.

One is an average guy who is a carpenter

another one is Veeky Forums and has already lost a bunch of gainz because food is not plentiful because ya know...apocalypse.

Gee who do I want to share my last can of beans with?

Enjoy deflating like a balloon you silly, silly man.

>"Ihave no idea how Strength works" the post

Stop embarrassing yourself. You don't have to be large to be strong, numbnuts.

>not becoming cannibal and eating people to maintain gainz

To keep up with school aged kids.
To have a six pack for the first time in my entire life
To do cool spiderman type acrobatic shit and have that comic book hero look.
To be the star of women's rape/tender love fantasies.
To be that big fucking mistake a girl will make and hate herself in the morning for.

So tell me, why can't you have skills if you're fit? Are you one of the tumblr whales that thinks you need 40 hours a week in the gym to be strong?

I do it cus it's fun and it makes me look a little better every day.

I dont do it for pretty much any other reason.

Anyone have her name?

I'm not saying you cant.

I am saying that being Veeky Forums fit aint going to be enough a help for it to be your main purpose for working out.

sure it will help...but if that is your sole reason, or one of the main reasons, you are a fucking dope.

>lifting to be strong is stupid

God damn why are you even here?

Bruh, if you think dicking around in an air conditioned gym and doing gear and lifting perfectly symmetrical weights is preparing you for some racewar/apocalypse scenarior then you're living in a fantasy.
It's fun! Don't get me wrong I like to LARP that I'm building levels and what not(completely fucked that up when I tried to make it into a real system and my autism won't allow me to complete a workout without it being perfected) but if you seriously believe what you think then you're a deluded child.

you got me on that one

I'm not even that guy, autist, but if you think that being strong isn't an absolute benefit above weaker people in a PA situation, then you must be a DYEL trying to use unlikely scenarios to justify being weak.

>im weak but I build a cabinet in high school once so I'm better than fit people now

This is literally you and your argument. Just admit that you don't lift and move on with your life.

Not what I said.

>Lifting for *puts on tinfoil hat* an apocalypse because the size of my delts will be the difference between life and death is stupid.

If you wanna be stronger for self improvement, yeah sure do that.

or to look better? Cool do that too.

No one said that shit retard. You're resorting to straw men because you are afraid to admit that being strong is better than being weak.

In a situation where there are guns, being able to lift shit loads isnt going to do much to make that huge of a difference.

is it better than being weak? Hell yeah. But not enough to warrant it to be your main purpose for lifting, thus you sound retarded for having that be your reason.

That is what I'm trying to get across, ya donut.

So you admit that being strong is better than being weak. So how are you too dense to understand that lifting to be strong in a PA situation is objectively better than lifting just for looks if we're speaking in terms of application?

Guns exist now and people still lift for strength, stop acting like weapons negate strength. No one said they were lifting to be a fighter in a PA scenario you fucking autist.

If your strength is built and can only be maintained in a gym and is not tested in the real world then it's toy strength fit only for a safe as fuck society where your needs are all met.

>That projection.
Okay little little lady.

>if you don't lift tree trunks in the forest then your strength means nothing

This delusion proves that you don't lift. Which board are you from, twink?

A natural who lifts for looks will be just as strong as one who lifts for strength.

>No one said they were lifting to be a fighter in a PA scenario you fucking autist.

have you been even reading the thread, bro?

That's literally wrong. This must be your first week.

Oh..oh my god. You're retarded.

Okay, quickly.
Show me a scenario where your 6months of power lifting will make you survive a bad shit happened world.

Show me where he said he lifts to be a fucking fighter. He said he lifts for a PA scenario, not to be a warrior monk in one.

I can tell the nitro truck raiders to back off and they will cus im alpha male!

Once again, no one said it makes you more likely to survive. It makes you more useful. How is this hard o grasp that strength serves a purpose?

Are you me?

No, that's not wrong at all.

A natural who lifts to look good can not put on any muscle unless they get stronger. That's a fact.
Are you fucking retarded? Are you still drinking the strength base koolaid and think that you have to look like a fat big legged fucktard to be strong?

I'm not really reading this I'm at work

Keep your filthy eyes off my waifu

This 9 of 10 times famalam.

I tell people this when they ask why I started lifting too. Half of them believe me when I say that when shit hits the fan, I want to at least have some muscle to sustain me in the short run, and if I needed to live an agrarian lifestyle - I would be much better suited with a bigger body.

>using memes to justify memes

So you're saying that a Strongman and a Bodybuilder, both natty, are going to have th EXACT same strength? If you say yes, you've proven your stupidity, so think wisely before you post.

>beliving a 125 lb can is going to beat any man

Because my government advises strength training at least 2 time a week and 30 minutes of cardio every other day

Useful in what way? Do you fucking think people wait for you to spend 2 hours three days a week to lift perfectly even weight and risk damaging yourself permanently to maintain that gym strength?

Powerlifting and strenght training are decadent and vain sports that depend on all modern conveniences and the safety of modern society to work.

The fucking irony of someone who says "stronger people are more useful" being completely dependent on fucking steroids. Fucking embarrassing.

To be swift as a coursing river.
To have the force of the great typhoon.
To be strong as a raging fire.

youtube.com/watch?v=XK7XwLbd-oI

Tits McGhee

Where will strength come into play if not in a fight?

to lift some debris off someone?

Again it's better to be strong than weak. I get that. I agree. If thats the case than say "I lift to be stronger because its better than being weak"

as oppose to this fucking retarded neckbeard fantasy of "I DO IT IN CASE THE WORLD ENDS AND I CAN USE MY SUPER STRENGTH TO WIN AT LIFE."

That scenario is from the mind of a fucking child and the point of all this was to point out fucking retarded it sounds for it to be his main purpose for lifting.

Okay mongoloid, let me paint a picture for you since words are hurting your head.

You've got your guns and gear and everything. Someone who is strong can carry more gear for longer distances than someone who is weaker. This he can sustain himself better in all scenarios because he is more independent and less reliant on resource stops.

See
Just fucking admit that you're an autist who doesn't lift and is just looking to put down people who DO lift using hypothetical scenarios.

Yes probably.
Can I ask you something?
Can you name 5 100% natural never did gear bodybuilders and strongmen?

No seriously. Do that for me. And when you fail, I want you to think about why that is and what this says about what you understand about how fitness works.

Because strength feels awesome.

nice bro me too. this is the best answer in the thread! sometimes i get distracted by stupid stuff but i realize that it's just this. and it makes me feel good, too.

>If you dont admit my fantasy world that I invented in my head is a good reason to lift than you are dumb

ok buddy you win.

I lift just in case I get thrown back in time by Aku and have to find my way back to the past.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7U4F86JMo

You can see the continuation of my reasons to lift on Adult Swim.

Just to chip in, in almost any long term survival scenario where resources are scarce, it's the big guys who die first because of the shear amount of calories they need compared to the skinny stick guys. I saw this on a ray mears survival program so it must be true

Kek. It's funny because this is probably what the skinny twinks in this thread actually think.

No need to be shy about it. It's okay to be a DYEL, but don't pretend you're not when it's apparent.

>yeah, all muscle just turns to fat within 6 months if you don't go to the gym
>yep, exactly, totally why I don't lift

Do you know what strength endurance is?
Do you know what endurance is?

Okay. your fucking deadlift and ohp is not going to allow you to carry anything relatively heavy for a decent distance. At all.

You'll bonk hard as fuck. Oh yeah moderate strength will help you carry it.
But people who think like you are all power lifting fucktards who live in a fantasy land and have no fucking endurance. You'll be fucking useless after two fucking miles.
Do something for me.
Carry a 50 - 100 pound load of anything for 2miles at a good pace. If you're exhausted after that then you're a fucking waste.

There's a reason why soldiers spend most of their time doing bodyweight stuff and learning to move their own bodyweight and rucking and not masturbating to an end of the world scenario like some 9 year old and doing some babby's first power lifitng routine.

God damn you are dumb. I'm not even gonna give you a response because of how little you know about lifting and strength.

No one said anything about it turning to fat.
Just that you don't do anything active or useful that will maintain that strength and you honestly don't know how to workout outside of a gym to maintain it.
Even worse your muscle mass depends on extra calories that you simply can't afford to piss away on such vanity as strength for it's own sake.

I lift. I just dont do it for a retarded fictional reason.

I live in reality.

I lift cus I like to and it makes me look better and it's cool to see yourself progress over the years.

Not cus I need to beat the last boss on Mad Max Fury Road.

but have fun waxing your pole to the thought of buff you gallivanting across the wasteland with your rippling muscles, ya idgit.

>he thinks all powerlifters are fat
>he thinks there's only power lifting
>he thinks lifting isn't universally helpful

You know what else soldiers do? They fucking lift. You know why? Because lifting builds endurance and strength.

Yes I am dumb.
Please explain it to me.
Use small words.

You clearly don't lift and it's cute that you want to play pretend.

>its cute that you wanna play pretend

holy shit that irony

See
Lifting builds endurance. Being able to carry 600lbs means you can carry 100lbs for farther and longer. Because you have endurance.

Ou play pretend in the real world, the other guys play pretend in hypotheticals.

Which of these is more real? I know you can solve this one, fat boy. Quit projecting your weakne

On their own time they do.
The military doesn't have the patience or want of soldiers who'll cripple themselves for a nice new PR.
But sure, show me all of these natural powerlifters who're winning marathons. I'd love to see it.

Oh and I never said all powerlifters were obese. Didn't even bring up their body composition.
But they almost always carry far too much mass and need far too many calories and are thus more of a burden then anything else.
Nothing they can do will help in a real bad shit scenario.

Being stronger and fitter will help. But up to a certain point. After that it's just risking your long term health and using up too many food calories for vanity.

No one, ANYWHERE in this thread said you had to be an elite lifter. You spent this whole thread on that assumption and looked like an idiot in doing so.

Grasp at those straws user.

Just tell yourself guy on the other side of the computer doesnt lift and that means you win.

Well done, user. Well done.

I don't see a rebuttal. Sucks to face the truth, huh?

Trainings every day.

The rebuttal was literally: "You're grasping at straws"

I outright state that strength up to a point was good and even brought up people who do heavy resistance in my posts.

You've been stupidly banging at that max strength fucking drum this entire damned time.
No, i will not give you this out so you can walk away and think you've made some point.
You have not.

Someone who can squat 600lbs twice and does nothing else vs someone who works with 100 pounds for hours a day. The average skilled blue collar worker for instance.

Who will be able to carry that 100 pounds for longer. And who will be at higher risk of injury and who will need the most calories to function optimally or even survive.

By the way. If you're squatting 600lbs for reps with ease then you're either big as fuck and probably not natural and a freak or definitely not natural and normal height. In either case you're going to be dependent on drugs and thus totally fucking useless in all scenarios.

I'm glad I could derail this thread. You're all autistic.

>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING

Nah I'm
And I just posted that and left. You fuckers apparently think being in shape will be bad in these scenarios.