Routine Rate

this is my program for general bulking. Its a modified version of texas method with some push/pull assistance worked in.

Other urls found in this thread:

buffdudes.net/2014/04/3-day-workout-split-routine.html?m=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Ef5JnVqE2pg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TM is unsustainable enough without an extra two days added in

it would be easy enough to add push and pull accessories into the existing 3 days

Unsustainable because of the weight increase I assume, not because of there being too much volume. TM has too much legs if you want strength and aesthetics.

S-someone please rate this.

a
squat 3x5
bench 3x5
deadlift 1x5

b
squat 3x5
ohp 3x5
back extensions 3x10
hip thrusts 3x10

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Pretty shitty desu. Good if you're going barebones and don't want to dedicated more time to your body

R8 my hypertrophy workout. Cant squat or DL cause of bad back and knee. I also do the vag crunhcer machine on leg day

the problem with TM isn't too much legs as much as it is an absolutely retarded distribution of volume through the week, and its insistence on peaking to hit a new PR every friday

it's just a bad program really, even the guys on SS forums don't recommend it nowadays because so few people have any type of success with it

any reccomendations for beginner strength routines then? TM seemed like the gold standard about a year ago.

A
Squat 3x5
Curls 3x10
Bench 3x5

B
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell Row 3x5
OHP 3x5

Last set to failure. I'm a beginner and feel like even if I do these to failure, I'm not sore at all even like 10 minutes afterwards though I'm really pushing myself during the actual lifting.

What kind of accessories would you guys recommend? I feel bad having any sort of rest day if I never feel sore enough to need one.

>Curls 3x10
I don't know why I put this. I meant chinups.

I'm mostly /plg/, but was wondering if any bro-splitters could recommend me accessories.
>Monday
Squat
Bench
Close Grip Bench
RDL (moderate weight)
Hammer Curls

>Wednesday
Sumo Deadlift (heavy)
Bench
OHP
Barbell Row
Hammer Curls

>Friday
Squat
Bench
Incline Bench
Conventional Deadlift (moderate)
Hammer Curls

How does Veeky Forums manage their workouts?

Also rate mine (A and B are the current ones, shit to the right is just there for options)

Colour coded for main area (arms/legs/back/torso)

I just do this
buffdudes.net/2014/04/3-day-workout-split-routine.html?m=1 as I am new but your shit looks pretty solid

where is DNA guy's routine?

Low bar squat 20x1

OHP 20x1

Pulldown 20x1

Close grip bench 20x1

Row 20x1

Planks

Please critique

AxBxAxC

A:
Back Squat 5x5
One-should barbell squat 3x5
Zercher Squat 3x8
Hack Squat 3x8
Bulgarian Split-Squat 3x8
Weighted Glute Ham Raise 4x10

B:
Bench: 5x5
Standing OHP: 5x5
Weighted Dips: 5x5
Incline Bench DB: 3x8
Standing Military press: 3x8
Standing tricep overhead extension 3x8
Dips 3 x fail

C:
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell rows 5x5
Barbell shrugs 5x5
Weighted Pull-ups 5x4
Pull-ups hands together supinated then pronated 3x8
Hammer curls 3x8
Pronated curls 3x8

Every day in my office I do some:
1 handed/1 leg pushups
diamond pushups
Body weight Buglarian split Squats
One Leg/One Handed planks

Off days I usually practice axe and knife throwing or go hiking after work so don't really want to work out more than 4 days.

Push1
Pull1
Push2
Pull2
Push3
Pull3
Cardio

The exercise are always the big 5 (OHP,Bench,Squat,Deadlift,Pull/Chin-up) with various variants across the days (Front and Back squat; Bench with barbell and with dumbbells); there are obviously curls (dumbbell/preacher/hammer curls) and few complimentary exercises (dips, planks, barbell pull-over)
as long as you keep your volume consistent (not too much and not too low) and as long as you remain in your expected RM, you can shift as well from 5 to 15 reps to give a stimulus more oriented towards "explosive strength" or "resistance" (mass gains will be the same)

What I want to say is: just learn the exercises you actually need (~10 free weights exercises and few variants) and don't over-think it, there's no secret magic formula
Just bee urshelf

first you do 5x5 OHP, and I assume you perform it at your best RM; that is, you're really done with that exercise at the fifth rep of the fifth set. but then you do 3x8 "military press" (just a subset of OHP)-
same goes for dips (weighted and not-weighted ones) on the same day. Now, something doesn't add up. My best guess is that it's a very long training session (5x5 with long pauses), probably a too long one.
Same goes for the "A" days... too many squats.
I'd halve your training and create few variants. A1,A2,B1,B2... each training limited to max 70min and each time you do one (1) exercise to the best you can for that muscle group in a certain rep range.

TM is not beginner lad, it's supposed to be """intermediate"""

if you want intermediate programs look into something like C6W, greg nuckols 28 free programs, RTS intermediate, GZCL method, n-suns 5/3/1, a HLM template (ss forums for more info on this one)

Usually 1 minute max between different exercises. My work outs are normally 70-90 minutes

the fuck is a sqaut

if you can recover from it then it looks good. only bad thing is shrug and face pulls the day before OHP. some RDLs or cleans would be useful in there too or your deadlift will probably stagger somewhat. also, drop the DB bench or move it to VD or ID. not RD

1 set or 20 sets? Made serious gains doing only 1 set of 20 and progressing linear

>1 minute max
in 5x5? something doesn't add up, if you were doing 5 reps at 88% of your 1RM you'd not be able to perform a 5x5 in 5 minutes. You're probably mixing in some strange way a "strength" and a "resistance" conditioning, buy possibly in a not-so effective way (or you'd not be able to perform the same exercises twice with different rep ranges and you'd not be able to perform that motherload of squats)

Ok, sounds like I need to increase my weights

20 sets of 1 @ ~85%

You'll end up with disbalanced muscle development of you do this routine, just add up all your chest exercise (Bench presses, flys) and back exercises (pulldowns, rows).
Also the "heavy day", 1 set of 5 reps won't stimulate any muscle growth if your muscle is used to do 5x5 on mondays

i already did poobster
also youre retarded if you think that about 1x5s at a much heavier weight.

What a respectable OHP guys?
Max:
>bench 185
>squat 225x3 (haven't tried heavy single yet cause I'm not fully satisfied with my form)
>DL 315

Only been doing OHP for like a month and I can do 95x5 so I'd put my max at maybe 105. Is this respectable or should I be at 1pl8?

It's not good, but it's not uncommon to have OHP sub par compared to your other lifts. OHP is all about frequency and consistency.

trash program that wasnt even written by a real lifter, just some random dyel kid

how bad is this? ive been lifting for 8 months.

> Will pic related get me THICC?

I'm trying to get a simple routine that will make my numbers go up, especially OHP and squats.

Current stats are:
> squats 68kg 5x3, bench press 74kg 8x3, ohp 8x3 45kg, deadlift 118kg 3x3, @ 195cm tall, 98kg bodyweight

Not that bad. Looks a bit like Eric Helms beginner bodybuilding program. Progress would be a PITA, but you should have been seeing gains.

you don't need to do calvs twice a week dipshit

just replace them with more of a bigger muscle group ur already focusing on taht day

on shoulder day do some rear delt work aswell. looks good man.

nice push pull except shrugs r a pull not a push

Running an adjusted/modernized version of Arnold's Golden 6
> Squats 3x10
> OHP 3x10
> Bench 3x10
> Pullups 3x10
> Preacher curls 3x10
> Ab work
Ran 3x a week. Every 4 weeks you up the sets on each exercise by 1, maxing out at 6 sets each.

Newfag to fit
whats a good starter routine for a skelly.

ss+gomad

why do people say ss is a meme or worthless

>60 squats
>60 OHP
>60 bench
>60 pullups
>60 preacher curls
ok

it's good if 1) you're either skelly or into high school sports and 2) you read the book

plain ss is not enough for upper body; once you add assistance work (chin-ups, lying triceps extensions, curls), it is GOAT for skinny beginners

Wasn't aiming for a push pull lol

Just basically 4 exercises for each group across 2 workouts, one day is 1-1-3-3 and the next is 3-3-1-1

I dont know what bro splits are, but I think these might be bro splits

I'm two weeks into my take on the Hepburn Method. I do it as 4 supersets.

A Day
Squat/RDL 8x2-3
Bench/Row 8x2-3
Front Squat/Hypers 3x6-8
Dips/Upright Row 3x6-8

B Day
OHP/Chins 8x2-3
Deads/Front Squat 8x2-3
Snatch Press/Lat Pulldown 3x6-8
Good Mornings/Step ups 3x6-8

So far it's my favorite program yet. Two early to say how effective it will be.

I've done some research on what makes a good workout but im still new to this and not sure how its gonna work out, working with a limited resources. Let me know how I did.

Bump

kek

is there a template for this?
Wish I could share my routine like this

I like your routine OP, altough I never liked Texas Method

So for bis you do 6 sets a week and for tris 3? Arm gains not even once?

I bench 195 for 2 right now, just started doing OHP 115 for 4-5 reps 4-5 sets.

I've been lifting for about 3 weeks now, and this is my routine. I like it; do you?

Anyone have suggestions on routines for lifting with biking? I have been thinking of going from 5/3/1 4 to 3 days a week by cutting out squats and biking more instead and maybe some light Olympic lifts. Never liked my form on squats. Intermediate level lifter on 5/3/1 BBB and commute by bike to work most days.

How's this for Candito PL strength/hypertrophy?

Good

Thank you

too complicated
you wont stick to it anyway

Isn't this just SL?
Why do people swap out power cleans for barbell rows?

how do i add strength into a push pull legs? did i meme myself because i started doing 2.5 months ago after doing home gym for a year. Also how do you get arms to grow iv been lifting for 1.3 years and my arms only grew a fucking half inch!! currently they are 14 3/4 and im a fucking manlet at 5"8

Dyel here, was doing stronglifts but felt I could do more. Did this yesterday and felt a little sore, but satisfied, kinda want to know if doing it always from now on will be a good idea.

>Light 15 minute cardio like bike or elliptical
>6x6 Squats (190 lbs)
>6x6 Bench Press (145 lbs)
>6x6 Barbell Rows (145 lbs)
>1x6 Deadlifts (225 lbs)
>6x6 Overhead Press (90 lbs)
>3x13 Chin-ups(working up to 3x15, then will start adding weight)
>3 60-second planks (want eventually to add Dragon Flags)

Still progressing 5-lbs each time on every work out. My goal is 1/2/3/4 by mid-june. Think its doable?

r8, h8.
4x weekly, with cardio on off-days, ABxAxBx

What's your height and how much are you eating? Just curious.

bumping for feedback

Look for Reddit ppl it's kinda memey but is alright

its good if u can handle the workload

Strength Focus

GreyskullBulk haven't lifted properly in a while but I pulled 225x12 on my deadlift today so first week is good so far
I do abs and cardio either on off days or workout days as ling as they both get done at least twice a week

Also I like to do a warm up and a finisher set of lateral raises or incline flies on my Press/Bench days
A:
Press/Bench 2x5 1x5+
Squat 2x5 1x5+
Barbell Row 2x5 1x5+ match previous bench
Barbell Curl 2x5-8/Single Arm Face Pulls 2 sets

Press/Bench 2x5 1x5+
Deadlift 1x5+
Chin Ups 3x6-10
Light Squat 2x5 60% of Squat
DB Skull Crusher 2x12-20/Shrugs 2x10-15

Press/Bench 2x5 1x5+
Squat 2x5 1x5+
Pull Ups 3x6-10
Romanian Deadlift 3x5 70% of DL
Hammer Curl 2x6-10/Bilateral Face Pull 2x12-29

This is my otter mode routine

A
Cardio - 30 min hiit
Chin ups 5 x5
Ohp 3x5
Pendlay rows 3x5
Dips 5x5

B
Cardio 30 min hiit
Goblet squats 3x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Lunges till failure
Back extensions 3x8

Thoughts?

I just started stalling a month in after getting back in from a year break. Strength gains were insane for that month but it's getting retarded to do full body with the volume I want. I'm thinking push pull legs again, I gained slowly and consistently on it. Hit me with a good upper lower split I want to try something new

this is my routine.

mon:
snatch- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples
clean and jerk- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples
back squat- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples

tues:
power snatch- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples
power clean and power jerk- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples
front squat- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples

wed:
snatch- aim for new heavy single pr then back off doubles
clean and jerk- aim for a new heavy single pr then back off doubles
back squat - aim for new heavy single pr then back off doubles

thurs:
snatch- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples
clean and jerk- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples
back squat- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples

fri:
front squat- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples

sat:
power or full snatch- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples
power or full clean and power jerk- build up to daily max single followed by a couple of back off doubles or triples
back squat- aim for new heavy single pr then back off doubles

sun:
off

Swap chins and rows so you pull then push in the same plane (ie rows and bench press are antagonistic movements so doing them together makes sense).

totally blanked. those are the am workouts. i do at least two-three optional pm sessions a week as well.

mon pm:
front squat- 5-6 sets of doubles at maybe 80% of my am session max
snatch- 6 sets of doubles at 80-85% of my am session max
snatch pulls- 6 sets of triples at 10kg more than my best snatch
power clean and jerk- 5-6 sets of doubles at 80% of my am session max

wed pm:
back squat- 5-6 sets of doubles at maybe 80% of my am session max
clean- 6 sets of doubles at 80-85% of my am session max
clean pulls- 6 sets of triples at 10kg more than my best clean
power snatch- 5-6 sets of doubles at 80% of my am session max

fri or sat pm:
front squat- to the max then all the way back down with doubles
power snatch- 6 sets of doubles at 80% of my am session max
power clean and jerk- 6 sets of doubles at 80% of my am session max

Bump

Are you a professional WL or a NEET then

Why do you guys post these without saying what your fucking goal and level are?

This looks fucking intense, I'm not sure I could follow t b h. Doing 8x3 heavy deadlifts/squats already gets me dizzy af. But if you can follow it, it could GOAT as well.

I train six days a week r8 it famalams:
"Big exercises: days:

Day 1:
OHP 5/3/1
High bar squat OHP 5/3/1
Zercher grip-good morning 5x8-10 with a ramp
Bent over rows 4x10-12 with ramp
OHP 4x8
Ring dips/rope climbs 4xmax/5
8km run

Day 2
Front squats inverted 8/6/3
snatch high pulls (adding weight ever set from fives to heavy singles, it gets to about 20 sets)
Bench 5/3/1
Incline dumbbell presses/renegade rows 4x10/12
Ring pull-ups 4x10
10x400m runs

Day 3
OHP 5/3/1
Deadlift 5/3/1
Zercher squats 4x8-10
Bent over rows 4x10-12 with ramp
OHP 4x8
Ring dips/rope climbs 4xmax/5
8km run

Days in between:
facepulls/lateral raises/y-raises (supersetted) 5x20/15/10

standing/seated calves (supersetted) 6xmax/max

cyplenkov wrist curls/reverse curls 5xmax/10-12

10 2 minute rounds with 30 sec breaks: heavy bag work/medicine ball throws and sprints/kettlebell snatches

taxing, but for last 5 months effects are fucking great

>30 min HIIT cardio AT THE BEGINNING of your gym session
you better be trolling

>Deadlifts 1x5
>Goblet squats 3x5
>Hyperextensions
>lunges
>that's it for lower/back day! :3
are you a woman?

>memetic pyramid schemes and supersets
>OHP twice on day 1 and 3
>20 snatch sets
>more than 3 compound movements in the same session
there's no clear push/pull upper/lower division and as a results some muscle groups are simply hit too much
>taxing
I guess so, you're throwing exercises in the mix just for the sake of it

How bad it would be if ditched bench press and replace it for another OHP day?

Bump for interest

Love it

And your rest times if your progressing linearly

Been doing this I like it. Been lifting for about a year thought. Started off dumb with a bro split that didn't get me anywhere. Did begin reg parks routine after played around with other beginner routines than moved to this.
I like it. What about yall?

I've been doing it too, everything is going well but I have such a hard time advancing my deadlift

Start alternating squat and deadlift (no fixed days).
Also try lighter weight and do 3x5 diddies.

want to start this one

Any feedback on my progress would be appreciated.
Doing much better after realizing I had Fuckarounditis and switched to Greyskull.
Seem in line with decent noob gains?

Also, I'm 5'10''

Is there a good reason not to do something like this?

ABCx repeating, 3x8-12

A: chest/tris
DB flat bench
DB incline bench
Weighted dips
Cable flies
Skullcrushers
Tricep extension

B: back/bis
Bent over rows
Pullups
DB rows
Hammer curls/regular BB curls
Back extensions

C: legs/shoulders
Squats (5x5)
Leg extensions
Seated DB press
DB shoulder raises
Facepulls

Ab work every day or every other day

Alright. I need to get more patient. I always worry I need to work out faster and more at the gym. Yesterday, my leg day, I worked out so long I almost passed out in my car driving home.

I do martial arts from Mon to Fri (cardio, shitty pushups, squat jumps (no weight) and abs everyday I go) and I don't know what to do.

Right now I'm doing PPL on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday because Mondays workouts are insane (again, it's cardio)

What should I do? I just want mass and power.

You have two work out a body part at least twice a week if you want to put on real muscle.

Changed my routine to reflect this, changed chinup volume. This is how it's looking now:

A
Squat 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5
Bench 3x5

B
Deadlift 1x5
Chinup 3x5
OHP 3x5

Both:
Tricep Extension 3x5
Curls 3x5
Rollout 3x5

All last sets are AMRAP.

Goal is aesthetic, I guess? Thin waist, more emphasis on upper chest, larger arms. Stupid fucking goals, I know, really says nothing. I'm a beginner so I have no idea what my genetics will even allow.

Thanks for the advice, I also realised I didnt have enough compound lifts on there. This is my second draft.

just a college student whose contact hours and class schedule gives them a shit tonne of free time.

Being a sedentary office worker and a beginner, how many days of rest do I REALLY need? I never feel sore enough thus far that I can't lift weights every single day. Hell, I don't even feel worn out after my workout, just a bit tense/sore and that goes away after like ten minutes. That said, my sets all end with AMRAP, so I feel like I'm pushing myself as hard as possible in that particular moment.

I guess it just feels dejecting that I don't feel very sore after each workout.

Legit program. Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ef5JnVqE2pg

You are going to burn out

how do you like the set/rep scheme on there? are you able to steadily progress up in weight? I've been following the program as far as the lifts go, and I really like it, but I'm hesitant about that set/rep scheme. Mainly for the bench press, I do 5x5 and like it, and dropping volume seems weird. Yet, it might allow for faster weight progression. As far as squats and diddlies, I do 3x5 for both of those already.