Anyone go to the gym alone? any tips?

Anyone go to the gym alone? any tips?

Do your set, keep your head low and make sure you finish it.

All the time. Do your workout. Keep hydrated. Don't eat too much before.

I was a bit like this when I was young. As you get older you dont give a fuck what others think. I now go to movies, resaurants, theme parks etc alone these days and not one bit worried about anyone else.

I only go to the gym alone. I prefer it. Why would going alone be a problem? Most of the people there are alone.

/thread

>theme parks
oh boy i feel sorry for u

Never take your headphones out and if someone asks you to work in just growl and mumble so people learn to leave you alone. Should only be a week or two before people start to fear the gym hermit you've now become

>theme parks
>alone
Ultra kek

>tfw realize I am the gym hermit

Get headphones. Go in put on some great music and tune everyone else out. Lift. Sweat. Go home. Fap. Shower.

Repeat ad infinitum

>theme parks
No user! You are going down the wrong path!

Go at night. I always go to the gym around midnight and usually everyone there is alone so it's totally normal. Everyone just does their own thing and ignores everyone else.

nothing like a post workout shower then fap.

Lift heavy things, with high intensity, give zero fucks about what the gym Normie's are doing around you. Working out alone is the best way to workout, I lift alone 7 times a week, I've made a couple gym bros that we trade spots back and forth for bench when needed

> midnight

Nigga I need sleep gains

I bet you go to playgrounds alone too and jerk off to kids hahaha fucking weirdo

Fuck off faggot. I have a gf but sometime I prefer going out alone. You can't eat filet mignon every night. Variety is key.

been going alone for 2 years. I get really tired and annoyed when I spend too much time with other people, I don't like to talk with anyone during my workout. I'm not completelty antisocial fuck tho, I have a few gymbros, I make a small talk with them sometimes, but mostly I still prefer being alone

This, most people at my uni gym have headphones in too. Because of this, people will ask eachother to use shit without talking most of the time. Eventually you start to pick up on body language subtleties.

>How to see if someone is using equipment
Point, widen eyes
>how to respond, if no
Look at eyes, thumbs up, turn head to indicate leaving
or
Close eyes, shake head, turn head to indicate leaving
>how to respond, if yes
Meet eyes, one nod, (half pursed lip optional)
or
Take out headphones and tell them how many sets you have left

Sorry for the autism, I'm still waking up.

Is this a university for autists?

Why not be a pleasant solo gym-goer?

I go with my fucking brother and it annoys the shit out of me, he is on the fucking phone 85% of the time.

Figure out

You can sleep when you're dead nigga damn

>Everyone just does their own thing and ignores everyone else.

It's always like that.

going to the gym alone is the best. What's your issue?

This reminds me of this grown man I work with who refuses to use the bathroom because he's too neurotic. It's pathetic.

Go to the gym alone, and use the bathroom when you need to use the bathroom

been going alone for 5 years, to me it is like meditation and I just go in, do my thing and fuck out of there, people recognise me but they see that I'm so intense with my workout that they just let me alone and let me do my thing

Generally you have to use your body language when you try to communicate with someone when they can't hear you.

It would be autistic not to.

Uhh you do realise most gyms have a no singles policy right?

Are you fucking autism mate?

The hell do you mean "tips"?
Go, do your workout and leave
???????????????????????

He means do you tip the reception girl
>what kind of autist doesn't?

I would say 80% of people in my gym are there by themselves. It's weird that you even feel the need to ask this question.

>not embracing being the gym hermit
>not making protein stew in your designated hermit cave deep inside the locker room

Wait, isn't going alone the absolute norm? Isn't going with people rare?

I never leave without tipping my fedora to m'receptionist

what a stupid question. Have you ever been to the shops on your own? Did you need tips to do that? Fuck me some people are NEVER going to make it

Wow you're a big boy now.

Sounds like me

>theme parks

Who here /home gym/?

>I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to go to the gym alone! I have to have a buddy with me!
WOMEN think this way. Are you a woman?
MTFU and just go to the goddamned gym, faggot, like EVERYONE ELSE DOES.

i do the same but i feel bad sometimes because people I see there often seem like they want to build a relationship of some kind. It's not like im anti-social I just like getting lost in my workouts and music..

It's therapeutic.

Pretty sure like 90% of people go by themselves lmao

Complete non issue

Man, going to the gym alone is the shit. I used to go with my (now ex) girlfriend, and she'd always wanna talk and stuff, which really slowed the workout to a crawl. Even when I went with my guy friends, they'd always wanna talk and stuff. Meanwhile I always was thinking "Jesus Christ, shut up and let me get done with my workout."

Sure, I could try bigger lifts because I had a spot. But eventually I just found ways to keep myself safe while doing heavier weights alone, and have been going alone ever since.

Do you need a spot

Yeah man, will you spot me? Trying to set a PR on bench today.

No problem bro

Actually ran into some buddies of mine at the gym yesterday, and one of them wanted to set a decline bench PR while the other spotted. I decided to stay and watch.

Guy proceeds to push out the worst looking bench I've ever seen, while the spotter guy practically rowed the weight, saying "Come on man, it's all you!"

It was 185 pounds.

i was with you right up until the theme parks m8 now you just seem like a wrong'un

do you have any idea how frothing at the mouth mental you sound right now

H-hey that's my 1RM..

It's not the weight that bothered me, it was the terrible form N and spotting that pissed me off, and the "COME ON MAN IT'S ALL YOU!" That made me kek internally.

As long as you aren't acting like a faggot, you're fine.

What's the problem with going alone? I actually prefer it to being there with friends.

In my experience, having friends there with me usually killed my workout because they would get tired after 30 or 40 minutes and would want to eat chipotle or some shit. Trust me you're better off by yourself.

I prefer going alone, helps me concentrate on what i am doing

nobody talks to anyone in my gym. there are some that come together but they keep for themselves.

Going alone is the best. Friends just talk to you and shit.

I mostly (95% of the time) train alone.

I'm the guy who paces around autistically mouthing the words to my music in between sets. I do not give a single fuck.

>gym
Of course
>movies
O-okay
>restaurants
Eh I guess
>theme parks
Slow down champ

Just do your own thing, that's what I do. I also go at night which helps

All are okay but theme parks buddy

I prefer going alone, now that I'm actually making some progress I'm dreading the fact that a lot of friends keep asking to go with me to help them train. Ain't got time for dat shit.

I listen to podcasts to simulate human interaction. They takes me to a place that isn't CHADzone.

why would you fap after a shower?

I-It doesnt get better doenst it