youtube.com/watch?v=UjIrbJ28do8&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=Syt7A23YnpA
youtu.be/XUPMFih9JgQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Having a wank.

CLAIMING THIS THREAD FOR BRITAIN

>my spine is fine maybe

Hmmmmmmmm

Posting again for new bread. Old vid so form has improved kinda but more cues would be appreciated.

I weigh 1pl8 or thereabouts

I do a lot of rubish style hypers but of course form is not ideal

pics?

Your upper back and body is not tight, the bar should not be wobbling back and forth.

Are you trolling? Your back is SUPER rounded. Drop those hips down and flatten and tighten your lower back.

>hoping to gain a lb a week

oh boy do I have a recipe for you :^)

I've been doing paused squats to try fix that, i just seem to default to that position unless i really focus and remember the cues.

w-what is it? I eat 200g oats, 400g pasta and a decent amount of chicken per day

youtube.com/watch?v=UjIrbJ28do8&feature=youtu.be

doing sheiko + smolov jr bench because i hate my life

also hows my sumo looking now watched a lot more sumo tech vids to figure out cues but i still think im very rusty

its in the trip lad

Lift your head up when you bench

thats not ipf approved at all

I know. IPF is gay nofun lifting.

pretty fun to me and im not picking my head up off the bench

There's a trainer at my gym that looks just like Mattie, but T H I C C, it's just unbearable.

You only done one meet asshole. And bench is your weakest lift.

Post her ig

>Applying standardized rules to a sport
>No fun

I don't like that I have to run around the bases when I hit the ball, can't I just run in a circle and then touch home plate again for a run?

thats why im doing sheiko bench and smolov jr for it

also why would i do something that is literally against the rules in the fed im competing in ?

youre not very smart are you user

Nigga every other fed allows head up. IPF has dumb rules just to have them.

No, I'm smart for benching in feds that aren't boring as fuck.

She doesn't have one ((((

"smart"

Which type of Sheiko are you running if you are doing Smolov on bench?

Wish me luck on squatting 56% for 20 tomorrow

cms-ms and im doing half of 1/2 of the sheiko bench sets then the smolov sets

Oly lifting is hard brehs

My arms pull the weight upwards on cleans even when I try to make a conscious effort to try and not do that, it's like I have to completely forget they're even there except to guide the barbell to the top of my chest and to actually hold the thing

Just do a really fast deadlift and reverse curl it at the top.

Now that's an idea user

I don't know why I didn't think of that

You were suffering from the negative influence of olyboos, it's not your fault.

>finally decide to start oly lifting after lurking the generals for ages
>/owg/ gradually dies over the following weeks

Fuck.

W A T F O R D
A
T
F
O
R
D

Is that Amy Schumer?

its ur mom ya poofta

Do this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Syt7A23YnpA

It should unfuck your terrible lumbar flexion

I'm in the same boat as you.
I've watched so much hookgrip/atg over the past few months. The only thing is that no gym around me does oly so I think I'm just going to have to teach myself.
I already have a decent power clean. I'm just afraid of fucking myself up on jerks and snatches.

It honestly is way easier to learn with a coach

Where do you live?

I know it's way easier with a coach, I just don't have that option.
I am moving to a new city in summer and they have 1 oly gym. So I might just hold off until then.

>georgia

I learned how to do them them passably well without a coach. It's not nearly has hard as Norsefat made it look.

It's actually probably better for you that /owg/ died. Norsefat's #1 problem was listening to those unlifting retards about anything.

Good luck user. Also, make it 60%.

No clue who Norsefat is.
But I think for now I'm just going to get a solid back and front squat. And get my power cleans and regular cleans looking nice. So I can get a coach later.

>The bar is 500 pounds, you're not going to roll it

Someone tell Haack

Drink milk faggot

>No clue who Norsefat is.
did you just start browsing plg this morning?

nn plg

I hope you had a great wednesday

I hope you have a great thursday too

>tfw sick
>haven't worked out this week, probably won't either
goddammit it's like every time I actually start progressing I either get sick or something else happens in my life that prevents me from working out for a week or so.
/foreverweak/

Thanks for the qt Alex

Don't let the bedbugs bite

Am I fucking retarded for sticking 5/3/1 style ohp progression on texas method recovery days?
Asking here because you guys seem more knowledgeable than the average Veeky Forums user and because I'd eventually like to compete.

is it easier to do barbell shrugs with wrist wraps or with chalk? my friend claims it's easier with chalk but I call bullshit.

Obviously wrist strapz

Your sumo looks loads better already good job dude. Keep it up

Even light squats feel heavy as fuck after a week off. This is rough lads.

stop doing anything from 5/3/1 if you want to compete.
do candito or something, texas method will probably not work long for you anyway

wraps. But use chalk for grip training

You're basically acrivating 0% of your glutes/hams. Start with your ass lower and actually use your legs

iktfb
>took two weeks off because knee was being weird
>had to drop squat by 30 lb

I'm also cycling off caffeine and feel like I'm getting sick so basically it sucks shit.

Still got my reps but it was a bitch

Sumo looks better. Try not dropping the bar tho, you're missing out on a lot of practice.
Can you get a side view?

Norsefat is a /plg/ trip that was pretty goddamn good and powerlifting and pretty hilariously bad at Olympic lifting when he gave it a try. Next time anyone sees him around here, ask for the gif or webm of him failing a snatch and crashing into a wall.

I hate to pick on the guy, but it was really, really funny.

He wasn't speaking to Haack. He was speaking to some noodle of a human bean, which is why it applies to the guy I was responding to. Maybe when that guy can pull LMAO4PLAYT with halfway decent form, he can start doing stuff that elite powerlifters do.

I have to work all goddamn day Thursday. Thursday always sucks. But I'm off Friday and it's heavy day, so maybe Friday will be fun.

I just start a TM cycle with OHP at about 70% for 3x5 on Light Day and add 5 lbs until the final reps start to get grindy, and then I stop adding weight because I don't want to gas myself for Intensity Day.

Of course, my bench press is garbo, so maybe I don't know what I'm doing.

Haha okay raffy

What are your lifts/bw?

gonna start sheiko medium load intermediate in 4 weeks, what do I need to know?

like what should I do for chest muscles and what weight should I do the good mornings with

sq 170 dead 182.5 is where im at

also will I see bench gains?

601/314/545 at 226, all in lbs.

I have also OHP'ed 245 lbs with a probably REDLIGHT amount of layback, but that was over a year ago now, and having maxed out on OHP since then.

Whoops, took off the trip to shitpost on /asp/

Going to bed, you can call my Raffy by yourself.

Rebuilding my deadlift. Feeling stronk and trying to be very critical of form. I really want a 6pl8 diddy

Looks good and fast

Does anyone have experience with the RTS workout app? It gives me a est 1rm for bench of 130 from doing 10 reps on 100. Seems a little optimistic to me

Holy mother of shit your arms are absurdly long. Longest in plg for sure

I'm 68" tall. My "wingspan" is 72".

>full chimpanzee mode around the running track
>tall

How much ya bench?

didn't think my arms were that long...
well if they are atleast my bench doesn't suck

shame its not a real deadlift

:^)

because cheater sumo or block pull?
Give me a year and I'll pick it up off the ground

sumo

I used to pull that way but never felt fully satisfied with any pr

Dat fucking lordosis-esque look, gods

I'm a pleb but a form check would be nice.

Also how do I into powerlifting comps?
I want to start competing but at my weight I'll get smoked by everyone else. Just want the experience to say I competed once.

youtu.be/XUPMFih9JgQ

>hoping to gain a lb a week.
>not even kg a week
Twink, eat more

youre squatting high as fuck. and why the fuck are you doing smolov
getting stronger is not difficult why do you cunts need to make it 10x more complicated than necessary

>start c6w with inflated maxes
>first AMRAP on week 2 day 1
>10 reps
>8kg out from goal i had set for 14 weeks away
>bench e1RM also up 10kg

Even with shit form i wanna just be able to be a massive douche and say I finished Smolov.

But in that respect how the fuck do I get into depth. I get it for the first few sets then it all goes to hell near the end.

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahs how do I get girl like that? If I reach 500wilks will ipf send me one?

what's stopping you? is it a mental thing or what? doesn't sound like a mobility related thing as mobility normally improves as you get into your training session.

>making bench gains on c6w

I have a really bad glute and abdominal imbalance so getting into depth when I start getting fatigued gets hard. Feels like my left hip flexor is gonna cramp cause it's being a bitch.

Recently trying to do more rehab work and isos but I'm still not quite sure why I feel like cramping even after I'm warmed up AND stretched out properly.

Feelsbadman.

>I want to start competing
With that squat you might be first person to have 0kg total in competitions.

Can I combine powerlifting (to an extent) with HIIT? Ive been doing 5 days a week, 3 gym and 2 Tabata on static bike

I want to lose some fat I got around the belly and waist

so basically somolov is fucking you in the asshole and you can't reach depth because you're fatigued as shit. thought that might be the case
stop doing dumb shit

Pretty much.

So should I just call it quits and deload?
Don't wanna be a bitch if I can just bite the bullet and keep working on getting deeper on the lighter days. But if its this shitty already I feel like there's no return regardless of what I do.

Considering I'm this far in and have been consecutively fucking myself over every day of the base cycle by thinking I hit depth when I reality I haven't, someone judge me.

this looks ok, but I'm high bar atg fag so I'm still gonna call you a high squatting faggot

hip crease has to be below knee

thats a perfectly fine squat, more its only lession inducing

I've noticed high bar makes it a whole lot easier to get atg but I got bitch torso and no traps so fuck :(
What is this considered then? Parallel or ZERO
And thank you sir. But what the fuck is lession?

oops made a mixture with my home language

i meant injure, not lession

If you're trying for a recomp you'll slowly get stronger and slowly get leaner, as long as you don't mind autistic levels of calorie management

In any aspect of fitness dedicating yourself completely to one thing will take away from another, and to do two things at once will result in sub optimal progression in both. You could get leaner faster by cutting vs recomp, but you'd get weaker

So I'm going to assume you meant "now its only injury inducing"

What is the possible injury? Where do you see the kink? I'm trying to get more advice from experts cause I have no friends who lift. Everything is trial and error and YouTube and forums. I must learn so I don't go to snap city and become a parapelegic wreck of a man.

Not the same guy, but i'd assume he meant you'd start risking injury by going any deeper than necessary due to buttwink and forward lean

The depth and form in the screenshot is fine, it's a matter of maintaining that form on working sets that may be an issue

There's a line between being a bitch and stopping something that's just genuinely not worth it. If you can make similar squat gains doing anything other than smolov i'd say go for the other thing

>no friends who lift
tfw

Not sure wether to do chin-ups or pull-ups for next month. How aesthetic is a big brachialis?

I already do a lot of curls so I might just do pull-ups.