Tell me about your gym, Veeky Forums

Tell me about your gym, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TFjhXkoYkPc
youtube.com/watch?v=MgJXgLyIQPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's in my apt building in brooklyn. there's a 6'9 black jacked trainer who is always training someone in there to make me feel inadequate which i like. there is no squat rack which i don't like. everyone uses the machines or treadmills which i like: i can always use the free weights and the bench press bar to squat and bench press and stuff. it's pretty small but i like it.

It's a Gold's that turned into an American Barbell.
I only pay $15 a month because I joined five years ago but now they are charging at least $29 a month.
Nearly everything has been renovated so we have really good equipment.
I like it a lot but there are only like three pretty girls that go when I go.
And they workout with their boyfriends.

It's a kind of expensive girly gym downtown. Does free yoga and free spinning classes. Three squat racks though. Have yet to see anyone squat more than 3pl8 at all, or rep bench above 2pl8. Recently i did 405x5 on intensity day. People seemed impressed, but I'm still a fat ass.

>My local good-life fitness(Canadian chain)
>Never very crowded because all the dyels and fatties go to a big public gym that's always packed
>Nice change rooms. Saunas, steam rooms, individual shower stalls.
>Any equipment you would want

I love it there. The membership fee is way too expensive for me, but it keeps the riff raff out and pays for a pretty swanky gym.

a pt bro that helped me through some real shitty parts of my life opened his own crossfit gym.

i get my own platform, rack and bench and anything else i could think of using. no waiting, no crowds, no bullshit.

Mom and Pop place in the basement of an office complex.

Real nice place, old school and cozy with primarily Powerlifting/Strongman equipment. Also some GPP stuff for athletes. There are two couches for people to rest and you can play your own music on the speakers if you get there when no one is around (which is a lot of the time because it's open 24/7 and only 30 or so people actually lift there)

Free Wifi too.

It's a strange place in Philly. Good lifting crowd but the gym needs some work.

anytime fitness in a small shitty town i like it

University gym

Literally unusable if I go any later than 6:30 in the morning, it gets packed unbelievably fast so I try to get there around 5:50. However, it recently got renovated and everything is brand fucking new. It's beautiful, there is so much more content now.

The rec

I live in a small town and as far as I know there wasn't a gym here until the one I go to opened up.

24 hours, kind of small, but all the equipment is new and the place is really clean, rarely crowded and the people who do come are generally pretty chill, do their own thing and don't do stupid shit.
The guy owns it is pretty cool too, I've had a chat with him a few times and seen him lifting there when he isn't working.

Pretty amazing.

Home gym out back in Hawaii which is a five minute walk towards the beach. Jumping in the water is a perfect post workout.

1 bench
1 squat rack
everything else is machines
owner of the gym hands out brosplits

suburban 24 hour where a shit load of people go to in normie hours, but is nearly empty 10am-3pm then again from 11pm-5am. Old equipment, hard to find plates, shit goes broken for weeks on end. the power cage has been reported broken many times and hasn't been touched in months.

black guy that works night shift is really nice tho

lsu?

>Small city 75 000 people
>the only HC bodybuilding gym in the area
>its in the basement of some furniture store
>gym owner is some massive bald piece of meat
>really cool dude though
>has all the equipment you would ever need for bodybuilding
>still very minimalistic in nature
>you only pay for what the months you want to train, no extra fees. I pay 19€ /month
>has sauna, showers and toilet
>its relaxed and people don't comment on other peoples affairs
>everybody is friendly

Its a nice gym

Its name is Bull Factory

thats a gay bar mate

It's in the basement of my workplace which is a police station. There are little to no people who come in when I work out which is good because it's kind of small. It has everything I need though.

>comfy edition

Still have to get brighter lightfixtures tho

Candito goes there, it's a warehouse that's open 24/7, I go there to make gainz

ho bra what island, lemme hit that up too

Gold's gym noho

Pretty great when their isn't hordes of faggots all hogging the squat racks
Plus pretty juicy grills there through out the day

its full of brain dead niggers and spics. i go in at 6 am when nobdy is there

Dat Oahu life m8.

Sucks dick.
Faggot ass comercial gym that doesn't even let you bring your own bottle of water and it's filled with stinky pajeets and sandniggers

If you live west side you better share :^)

24/7 gym where I also work at so it's free. It got some upgrade from some shitty floor to some good floor recently so deadlifts and squats are more comfy. Okay bench but could be better. Aaand it's pretty comfy. Also started working in a supplement store so we training cheap AF here(discounts).

>paying for commercial gyms

either find a real gym or save up and make one at home

It's alright I guess, really clean, 3 squat racks, one of them has an olympic platform, too many people at the gym during summertime though, even in the morning. Bench is almost always occupied so I have to ask to work in all the time or just wait until they're done. Could be worse I guess.

It's in Berlin. Cheap and has what I need, but it recently had a 'make up' and they transformed it from
>A GYM

into
>A Fitness club

And I mean like a night club. There's decorations, disco balls, shitty stickers that say "Say maybe to drugs" and other retarded stuff like that.

It's crowded but I go in the mornings, so all good. I miss my home GYM tho'

>mom and pop gym in the hills
>only busy around 5 or so
>rest of the time it's empty, still 24 hours
>$12 a week
>has everything i need
>considering joining my universities gym because they have an oly platform
>might wait till i hit 1/2/3/4 before i move

I fell for the 24 hour fitness meme in San Diego

I've seen things that no man or woman shouldhat to see.

I'm cancelling my membership after this month.

A semi-trendy gym but cheapest around. Built into what to my understanding was a legendary trashy night club. Has some cardio-bunny classes, a bit of everything.

2 racks, 1 power rack, 2 benches. A lot of plates and bars though.

A lot of dumbbells and benches by them.

Whole bunch of machines.

Stuffy as fuck though, to a point of being a bit of an issue. Have to really watch your step to not fall over equipment or bump into people. OHP is hard to focus on when there are people on either side of you, within 1 meter.

It's a 24 hour commercial gym that costs me only £13 per month.

It is perfectly adequate in most regards but there are a few things that annoy me.

1/ There are only 2 sets of 5 and 10kg plates which is very annoying.
2/ Lots of idiots with no concept of gym etiquette
3/ It can get very, very busy sometimes. Especially in the summer.

Other than that, it's clean, good range of equipment, friendly staff. For £13 per month you can't complain too much really.

It's a small home gym, only has a power rack, an adjustable bench and a rowing machine. For my needs it's good enough.

Company gym, no membership. Locker room for about 100 lockers and only 15 showers and 1 sauna. Yoga room and roof top free weight area included.

I got every other day if I feel like it.

Local Konami gym. Overpriced to heel and everyone is old with a handful of people that actually lift.

24 hr
2 minutes walk from my house
4 cages
2 benches
1 incline bench/ 1 decline bench
~7 adjustable benches and a fuckload of dumbells
powerlifting area

youtube.com/watch?v=TFjhXkoYkPc
I literally just google my gym and some autist apparently made a video about it, but oh well this is my gym

Super comfy been going here for 2 years now, lots of cardiobunnies

Recently started working part time at my gym as a PT once a week. so I get free membership. (West Edmonton Mall 24 hour gym)
It's full of roiders, Filipinos and mudslimes. Gym is still messy with new equipment and renovations but will be a nice gym in 3 weeks. Gonna have a grand opening soon and we have Dallas McCarver and possibly Dave Palumbo coming in for a meet and greet. Stoooooked..

It's a converted monkey lab in the hospital I work at. $40/year. The equipment looks like it's from the 90s, but I've never wanted to do an exercise and not been able to do it. No machines, just free weights and cardio equipment.

Best of all is that no one knows it's there. It's an unofficial rule that anyone who goes there refers to it as "the library." It's empty at least half the time I go there.

How'd you find out about it? Were you tricked?

Home gym or death. You KEKS payin someone just to use their shit

Bunch

Of

Faggots

Look at my asshole

youtube.com/watch?v=MgJXgLyIQPk

Girl who doesn't go there told me about it and then I investigated on my own

Hehe, I want to imagine you were told of this mysterious room people go into to "study" yet they come out very sweaty.

"But nobody who goes in there never tells of what goes on in there!"

Work out in a well furnished warehouse gym.
Flat bench. Incline bench. Free weights. Squat rack & lifting platform.
There are also cable/machines
Nice enough owners, quite busy & often due to good equipment & £30 a month.
Few cardio bunnies, few lunks & a handful of curl bro's

Standard

College gym.

It's functional but nothing fancy. At least it has 7? (haven't really counted) platforms for you to do your olympic lifts.

I go to Arizona State btw.

thanks bigman.

1 bench, 1 powerrack, 0 squat racks
About 55,-€ a month.

U mirin? It's the only one within 30km range.

Kek
The name at least strongly suggest that.

But overall it really sounds nice what he has there.

Alter welches Gym ist das? Klingt komplett fürn arsch

Berlinanon here, whats its name?

I usually go to mcfit, cheap, basically sbout 3 of them in each district and at least at the one i go, it's only too crowded between 6-8pm and the personell is friendly, sometimes even funny and helpfull.

Only downside is 50% of the people there are the shitty kind of turk/arab/african etc.
The locker room is a constant mix of smell of sweat and disgusting gucci/hugo boss cologne.

I'm a milfag so I work out at my battalion gym
It's pretty chill, never too busy.
Has infinite squat racks, bars and plates, minimal machines, tires, sleds, anything crossfit related you could ever dream of if you're into that.
Everybody is a bro, sometimes there's people derping around but there's always enough space to ignore them.
You never have to worry about getting a spot, or working in with someone because everybody is tight with eachother.
You can drop weights, you can yell shit at the top of your lungs, there's always music blasting loud as fuck.
It's pretty good,

Which country's military? I guess USA?

Mines opposite, quite people, few screamers, quite modern music and its cramped.

McFit reporting in. I'm in Munich tho.
I'd agree, I can do everything I need to do there, really hate it when my schedule forces me to go at later hours. Literally all of the equipment is taken up by retards.

It's one of 5 gyms in town of 50k
Newest one with fewer memberships which is good because it's kinda small. Full range of machines, freweights and cardio gear.

Only ever crowded I'm school sports days. Everyone is a total bro except for the ones who aren't in the/fit hive mind mindset

Feel it punches above it's weight for legit anorexic chicks though, is this a thing at all gyms? Also have a basic home gym pic related

Does anyone go to a The Gym Group gym? How's their free weights, squat racks etc? On their website it seems all they have is machines.

Im at a David Lloyd in the north at the moment which has amazing equipment but moving to London soon and not sure of the best place to go. Will be living SW.

My gym is the Canadian planet fitness call "fit 4 less" is $10 dollars a month has pizza day and Tootsie rolls and a oops alarm.

The oops alarm has never gone off, it has 3 squat racks 2 power racks, 5 flat benches 3 incline benches and two decline benches plus a lot more adjustable for dumbbell exercises.

I go at 7:15am (I get off work at 7am) there is usually just me 2 other guys and one older lady on the elliptical. I like my gym

>University gym
>at least 2 of the oly team in there at any given moment
>4 power racks
>Loads of space for deadlifts and a few platforms
>Dedicated bench press area (only 3 flat benches though)
>Eleiko plates and bars everywhere
>Like 10 of each of cycling, running and rowing machines, all of which I've never been on, plus a few stair climbers and some other meme cardio machines
>Staff are pretty bro-tier. There's this one PT who always blasts linkin park whenever he gets to control the stereo
>Bit of a pain to get to if you don't live on campus, so I always go between lectures
>Gets really busy during peak hours. Sometimes need to queue to get on a bench
>It's technically below ground level (pic related); so when you go through the entrance you're looking down on the people in the gym
>Always get kids coming round here on school trips and standing on the balcony mirin' the people inside
>Btw everyone here is pretty huge. Most people there are University age students
>Almost saw some girl die on the rowing machine once

Overall it's pretty good. Comfy as fuck during holidays when there's nobody around

bangor?

Oh and
>Genuine VIP area that only team GB athletes are allowed in

>almost saw some girl die on the rowing machine once
as in she died and you almost saw it? more pls

McFit Vienna reporting in.
Usually it's too crowded between 4-9 pm so you should feel lucky. But it's pretty much the same. Foreigners left and right and 70% have no clue how to train. Other than that it sufficient for proper training

She died 5 minutes before I came in. There were doing the mandatory gym last rites as I was warming up.
Apparently she forgot to tip the receptionist

nice

cheapest gym in 100 km radius at 15 eur/month. they don't have much equipment but luckily i don't need machines. too bad they are shutting down permanently this year. second cheapest gym is 75 eur/month which i can't afford. i have no idea what i'm gonna do

Its just my garage, theres a lot of power tools and shit laying around and its pretty dusty.

Where do you live? Wtf?

It's a planet fitness where there's not enough machines so in between sets I have to wait for groups of old motherfuckers to finish with their shit

that's a great price! sounds like a really nice place to be, despite the boyfriends- sometimes it's nice to just be near pretty girls that you don't have to worry about trying to impress!
this sounds great, like a really fun place! I think i would like a girly gym, and free yoga sounds like great motivation to do some. that's a really impressive squat, nice work user.
wow, saunas and steam rooms and individual shower stalls.. sounds like some really nice luxury user. sounds like a great treat to pay for- really seems worth it!
what a great connection user! sounds like fun!
oh, awesome. sounds like a really chill place to be- free wifi is a nice bonus for listening to free music.
philadelphia is a cool city!
liking things is really nice :)
that's great motivation to wake up early! i always read about how the most successful people wake up early. that's so great about the renovation, enjoy!
that sounds great! nice that you're able to talk to the owner- sounds like a cool place where you can feel good.
wow, that's unreal.. sounds like you have really got it made!
sounds like you have a good place to hang out- the squat rack and the bench!
nice that you have some empty hours and a cool night shift guy! whenever i travel and make do with old and broken equipment, i always feel like rocky balboa.
wow, awesome! that's a really cool business model, and friendliness is lovely :) sounds like a great gym!
that's awesome! good work, officer!
wow, looks cozy in there. awesome lights, and looks like you have some great equipment!
warehouses sound like fun!
hey, i bike by you every day! noho is a great place for pretty girls, that's awesome.
hey man, everyone's just trying to get their gains like you! nice to know the empty hours though, it's always cool to have the place to yourself.

sorry to hear that- stinky people are not so fun to be around. i hope you find a better experience or find a way to make your experience better there, good luck user!
great perk! that's awesome to be able to do what you like to do and get paid for it!
cleanliness is a really great luxury. three squat racks, wow!
berlin is an incredible city to be in, i love it there. sounds kind of entertaining in a way you can laugh at! that's fun. i hope you can get back to your home gym soon!
wow, that's great! have a good time and maybe you could ask your university if they will let you try it for a day to see if you like it better than the gym you have now!
sorry to hear that- sounds like you got some good material for stories though!
again, fun to have pretty girls around, and that's some fun history for the place. it's great that you have so much equipment! maybe you could find some hours when it's not so busy like a few other people have mentioned!
that's a great price user, nice. sorry about the lack of people with gym etiquette, that can be frustrating. find those emptier hours- the good parts sound great!
awesome! i can't think of anything else you'd need :)
wow, that sounds so nice- just having a sauna is quite a luxury! rooftop free weights? wow.
old people make good conversation!
sounds awesome and extremely convenient- that's great!
cool gym! pretty girls are great for you!
wow, congratulations on the new job, that sounds like a lot of fun. being an expert at something must be really rewarding. that's so fun to meet some people you admire! have a great time with the renovation!
wow, awesome. what a cool nickname for a gym, and what an amazing price to pay for a great place with some interesting history!
awesome. nice price, and a warehouse sounds like you have room to breathe!

wow, that's a lot of platforms! and a great university- good luck with your degree user!
at least you've got one in your area- and that price isn't bad at all!
i love berlin! sorry about the smells- cologne is always rude in a gym.
awesome- sounds like a blast to work out with a bunch of friends you're comfortable with.
awesome! congrats on finding a good place!
nice home gym, user! great equipment!
what an amazing price. pizza parties are really fun. i'm so happy you like your gym! sounds nice.
awesome. that's pretty scary about the girl on the rowing machine, hope she's all right. it's nice to have fluctuations in people to really appreciate those holidays!
nice! cool that so many people in this thread go to the same gym (chain)!
it's going to be ok, user! good luck finding a new place- maybe you could get some basic equipment for a home gym instead!
sounds like a place you can feel pretty cool in, that's fun! i always envision american beauty when people have gyms in their garages. great scene

Thanks for the positivity user, but jesus christ.

>Centre of my small city/large town
>Retired powerlifter owner
>Several power cages and squat racks seperate to the machines
>Nice set of bumper plates and some dumbbells and kettlebells against a mirror on one wall
>Very few very strong people
>Usually nice and quiet
>Cheap membership

Love it here desu. I will have to move on at some point though