Greeks didn't know about steroids. Therefore, if they knew bodies could look like this is because someone, somewhere...

Greeks didn't know about steroids. Therefore, if they knew bodies could look like this is because someone, somewhere, sometime had a body like this. The logic conclusion is that the greek body is achievable while natty.

ITT: Post greek bodies

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_soup
new.fitness.com/tools/greek_proportions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Artists can exaggerate. Especially if they're sculpting gods or heroes.

>take your average fit greek with low bf% as a model
>copy him only make everything bigger
gee that was tough

>Be Greek
>Have beasts of burden
>Know predators
>Notice the extremely strong animals are huge and bulging
>Understand anatomy
>Understand musculature
>Exaggerate human musculature to mimic animal musculature to denote strength

If you cannot figure that out on you're own, I'm afraid you're a little slow.

The same way we can draw shit like this tard.

This body is not realistic at all. Everyone knows that professional sculptors copy real models to do their work and not imagination. Thats why the statues look beautiful and symmetrical
see

>implying it was hard to find a body like this back then
Maybe in theory this can be true but lets face it the societies back then were military. The soldiers were practicing all day and hard. Finding a man with a good body to use as a god model wasnt that hard.

>tards

Yes I'm sure that sculptor really did meet Hercules and get him to pose nude long enough to carve a block of marble into his image

if you think that this can't be achieved without roids
or if you're unable to reach this body type without roids then you're either:
>extremely stupid
>lazy
>don't lift
>genetically inferior

They don't need a model.
They can sculpt it from dozens of men all with the unique bodies they want to piece together.
All from memory or a certain model.

You're getting just a wee bit ahead of yourself. I don't find these greek bods to be impressive not even for a natty. I was disagreeing with the idea that you couldn't fabricate them easily from a lesser specimen

Seen this statue first hand
What you can't tell is the ripples carved into the marble.

the original was less buff

They're probably just copying slaves who have worked an entire life of hard labour from childhood so have that body.

Faggot. spend ten minutes researching the history of greek statues. They were literally an exageration, of ideal proportions. The physiques were unattainable before roids.

aiming for this by september

>Greeks didn't know about steroids

You know that Greek athletes secretly consumed huge amounts of bull testicles for the test right? And that the recognized it was a performance enhancing drug and anyone caught doing so was banished from the games and had their name added to a public monument designed to shame cheaters?

Greek strong men drank shit loads of (goat) milk and ate black market bull nuts for test. Kinda fucked to think about how that parallels today.

It's almost as though they lived in a different age where physical labor was a part of everyday life.

It doesn't give a body like that. Look at all the people living like ancient lifestyle today, none of them are that big.

lmaoo you dont raise your test levels by eating testicles, you can go to a meat market and try for yourself

don't skip leg day bro

not greek, but english. Same stile of statue though

Considering what they ate, it's more than doable.

>this marble statue depicting a god HAS to be accurate to what humans looked like back then
>even with the widespread famine and shit diets (yes, shit diets)

Veeky Forums should have merged with Veeky Forums for the laughs

Greek here with an Archaeology degree. Most statues are exaggerated in order to depict Greek gods and (especially) heroes. Notice the lack of huge lats. Greeks prefered a squared, boxy frame (think Jason Statham). Big dicks were considered barbarian and thus not aesthetic.

Pic related is what an athlete would have looked back then, realistically.

Face-wise, look up Alcibiades. He was considered the most beautiful young man to have existed in their time. Read his history and you'll realise that he was basically the Zyzz of Greece.

If I had to guess, Ancient Greeks would go crazy with the physiques of modern day football (soccer) players.

>I pay my debts

Mirin. How did they get like this? Just constant wrestling?

Considering how they slew boipucci, it's more than doable.

Diet-wise, Greeks got their protein from fish and beans (even so, 90% was just wheat and olive oil) . Milk and meat was very rare and for the wealthy. Spartans ate this.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_soup

Sports-wise, anything and everything that revolved around war. All the classic Olympic sports are basically moves that mimic actions you'd take on the battlefield.

We have discovered ancient dumbbells, though.

Fun fact, Ancient Greeks used blackface to depict blacks in their comedies. Pic related.

Blacks were known as Ethiopians, back then. Ethi= Burnt Opia= Face.

The food was a huge factor. Natural grown foods are incredibly powerful. It makes me pissed that all our food is tampered with these days. Nothing goes from the plant to your plate. Its fucking sick and if I ever meet one of these monsanto assholes I'll slit his fucking throat. Its a crime against humanity.

But yeah, they were definitely eating awesome food.

No, they were not. Meat was to them what caviar is to us today. Greece is a mountainous country with very few and very tiny valleys in which they could farm.

Xenophon goes into detail in this, pointing out that all you needed to do was to burn down the crops surrounding the city-state in order to starve it out. Sparta famously didn't have walls, claiming that their men were their "walled defense". A bold statement although Sparta was the only state in Greece that had fuckloads of crops so why bother, right?

My point is, they ate a fuckload of bread and olive oil. Islanders and oarsmen may have eaten more fish than most. Spartans had their black soup.
>muh natural
Fuck off

Its easy to look like this if you are a turbomanlet.

What the fuck are you talking about. Did they genetically modify the fucking oil? Did they use pesticides on their wheat? Are you fucking retarded? I don't give a shit what you know about Greek history, what the fuck did that have anything to do with what I posted.

Your point was they ate "awesome" food, am I right? I fucking said that you are fucking wrong. Their diet was POOR, senpai. You don't even need to read history to understand this, just fucking google ancient peoples diets or some shit, i dont give a fuck

Fun fact: Tyrone fucks your oneitis while you bitch about "da shitskinz" on Veeky Forums.

Olive oil isn't bad. The wheat they had was a different strain than we have today, it has been bred (FUN INTENDED) into a high quantity, low quality strain. Fish is fucking awesome, Black soup? FUCK YEAH.

It wasn't processed, it wasn't refined, it wasn't tampered with. It was from the earth. The way god intended. It wasn't cake, it wasn't sugar, it wasn't look-a-like food with additives and food coloring. It was awesome. Fuck you.

It was achievable back then, when they didnt eat processed food, didnt inhale poison on a daily basis, and all the crap we take today.
Nowadays, i'm not sure it is really possible.

You are retarded. What dont you understand about the word 'model'?

Greek diets for citizens was much better than average. Meat and milk a rarity? Hardly. Meat was common in late fall during slaughtering with fish making it commonly. If you were poor, you just ate the worse off cuts.

Yeah, that sounds interesting, my man. But still, how can their exaggerations be so close to reality?

Where did his dick go

>butthurt nigger

top kek, are you still mad niggers never invented anything worthwhile or had a proper civilization?

good luck user! looks like a nice body to have

holy hell that guy is hot

Im not denying there were some aho looked like this. But they were more than likely soldiers. Not soldiers in the modern day sense where they had a desk job or trained once a month by shooting rifkes and clearing rooms. These men literally trained as their profession. All day wrestling, lifting, fighting, and eating can make a guy huge.

Fuck off hippie

Get the fuck away from /fit you fucking idiot

Can you brainlets fight on Veeky Forums or /pol/ while I non-sexually fantasize about greek sculptures

arent you supposed to be prepping the bull

this is how the greeks began their interest in bodybuilding/gymnastics

my guess is that a lot of them were carved using african black slaves as inspiration, them being the most likely to have the best physiques

they aren't really that close. the musculature of the back for example is often pretty inaccurate

i have greek proportions on almost all limbs yet i look like shit. what gives? i thought these statues were designed with them in mind

new.fitness.com/tools/greek_proportions

I remember Herodotus saying that even other greeks couldn't stand spartan food.

>not aesthetic enough to be arno breker mode
>not big enough to be greek mode

Suck a dick, if you want some shit right from the source faggot. Then start a garden. Seeds are literally laying in the dirt. Pussy.