Went to the gym for close to 2 months

>went to the gym for close to 2 months
>skele but managed to gained 4kg
>went from benching bar to benching 99lb
>push-ups rep barely increased
>pull-up only went from 3 to 4

s-should i be doing bodyweight routines on r-rest days guys...

Other urls found in this thread:

ebook777.com/greyskull-lp-second-edition/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whats your current routine mate?

Have you tried test injections?

also hours of sleep and nutrition

This one. I did a ppl program before but apparently it wasn't good for strength building.

doing pullups/pressups on off-days is a good idea

just do a set every half hour or so

don't push yourself to failure, the sets are supposed to be easy

read GSLP 2 (there's an ebook online), it explains this

How do i increase pull-up reps though? I swear it's a struggle to pull up 4 reps. Usually i feel like my shoulder area is just giving out. It's supposed to be a lats excersise but i cant seem to be able to activate it.

Chin ups are different, i can do 4 reps of it, then it just dies out straight away.

it looks good for strength building,if your legit skelly you should try some hypertrophy workouts too though

push chest out while doing them to squeeze the lats. Use a resistance band to get more reps

ebook777.com/greyskull-lp-second-edition/

The v-handle pulldown is performed for two sets of six to eight reps. This is done in lieu
of the weighted chins on the pressing days in the base program (a practice which is continued until the trainee can do at least eight bodyweight chins), and in conjunction
with the daily slow negatives. Like the weighted chin, the movement is trained rep range
style, so the idea is to hit as many good repetitions as possible, which if the loading is
correct should fall between six and eight. Once the rep range can be reached for both sets,
it is ok to up the weight.
You may have heard the ridiculous arguments of some that the pulldown will not carry
over at all to your ability to do pull-ups or chin-ups. I always found this comical. If
someone comes in my gym and they can only get 90 lbs on the stack for six to eight reps
for two sets and many weeks later they are doing sets with 260 lbs on the stack, do you
honestly believe that they are not now significantly stronger? Many know someone who
can do a lot of weight on the stack but is not a chin-up whiz. That’s fine, that’s because
they don’t practice chins. The secret here is that bodyweight exercises are a skill, and
respond to frequent practice like any other skill (frequency method).
Now, do you suppose the real pulling strength earned on the stack will make it easier or
harder to get good at doing a lot of chins?
I’ll let you ponder that one for a minute.
Some are so jaded when it comes to machine use that they condemn their usage and
therefore discourage many under their influence from ever experiencing the many
possible benefits that machines have to offer. For the record I do not even consider cable
stacks to be machines, and include them in the free weight category.

The problem is my body tend to swing a lot and that fucks up the whole form.

I'm 60kg at 174cm, i can put weights on all of the barbell excersise, except for OHP, i can only put 2.5 each side on that..

So i should stop doing lats pulldown and do more pull ups?

no, tardo

keep doing your HEAVY (aim for like 5 reps at bodyweight) lat pull downs, they'll strengthen your upper body enough to do free pull ups

Bodyweight is 130lb.. that's fucking heavy i can only do like 90lb at most..

why do you think you go to the gym you retard

just do progressive overload on your lat pulldowns, they'll go up quickly

Okay if i can pulldown 130lb for 5 reps, can i expect the same on my pull-up?

maybe some slight difference

make sure you continue practicing pull ups or negatives too, don't neglect those

Should i do those on rest days or after the main workout? Also with barbell rolls, i literally don't know what I'm working..

try to do a pull up every 30 minutes on rest days

do 3x5 on alternating work days

Barbell rows are working your biceps, rear delts, upper back and lower back

But i cant even do 5... And once i do my max reps, i literally can't do anymore.

Google greasing the groove

So you are telling me i should do 2 reps every half an hour of the day?