How the fuck is this the pinnacle of facial aesthetics???

Are women retarded or do they just like what they are told to like or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1cstrm/i_did_research_on_facial_attractiveness_for_years/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why the fuck are you so SALTY?

the goose is a good looking man no homo but that fucking expression he always does makes me want to shove him through a woodchipper

It's the pinnacle of charisma.
He's both cute and "scary" = maximum sex appeal.

It's because he has money, my dude. Before you accuse me of being an r9k incel, hear me out.

If he wasn't an actor in Hollywood, he'd just be an average looking guy with average luck with women ( probably, he seems ot have the confidence though so I wuldn't put it past him to be slightly above average with women, but I digress).

I remember seeing an article once that said "We asked women which body type they prefer the most" where they showed women various pictures of male physiques with varying degrees of fitness, and a majority of the women went for an ottermode type body. Simple enough, right?

Except it was Brad Pitt from fight club, while the rest where just random guys. Brad Pitt wasn't the best looking in terms of physique or facial aesthetics in the article, but because women recognized him, they were immediately drawn to him.

Just my 2 cents, but I think there's something to my theory.

Kek
>My theory
People have been studying this for decades.

the "I might rape you but you'd be okay with it anyway" face

new standards of beauty are being put in place as part of a larger shift away from traditional western standards to undermine traditionalism and remove it as the leading social system. this has been going on since the early 20th century but has greatly accelerated starting the 50s/60s with the advent of mass media and subsequent "mass culture"

Not exactly what I posted about, but that's a good one too. When I said "my theory", I didn't mean that I'd come up with it myself. It just makes sense to me.

It bugs me how many people find the "skinny hipster guy wearing skinny jeans" aesthetic so appealing. Like, it used to be people prefered strong, broad shouldered men, and now the popular look is to look as weak and sickly as possible (with a beard).

I just don't understand.

Are boys retarded, or do they just like what they are told to?
Seriously, Have you fucking seen fit? Go to any thread with female pics and re- evaluate how fucking retarded you are.

Of course it's money

Gosling is a 6 otherwise

this goes for so many hollywood types

Check it out bro
I didn't read your comment fully srry

You didn't really address the question, you just said "well guys do it too!!!"

I think OP makes a good point desu. Gosling isn't ugly at all, but he isn't a 10 either. Most guys on Veeky Forums usually tend to like women that are extremely attractive, regardless of fame or money.

Fuck it's early
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1cstrm/i_did_research_on_facial_attractiveness_for_years/

If anything, the guys on here are too critical.

you niggers just have to accept you don't understand male appeal from a female perspective

>jelly that a movie star has personality
>having the personality of Elliot
>wondering why no one likes you
Oh lawdy. Ur that kind of retard that's too retarded to have a decent sense of self awareness and lives on in utter delusion and denial

>"This was done by making men wear no deodorant and plain t-shirts for 3 days while females came in to smell the odors & rate them."

>tfw you will never be a part of a study where QT's come in and smell you for hours on end

>I just don't understand.
why? the explanation is pretty straightforward. beauty standards influence how people want to look. If the standard is to look strong and muscular, more people will want to be strong and popular, and more of them will be. Whoever controls the media has the power to create and maintain standards merely by choosing people that fit their criteria as media figures (musicians/actors/models), they can therefore choose what appearance they want to make popular, and subsequently how mass society will want to look. If the popular appearance is to look weak, it's because whoever is creating these standards wants the average person to be weak. Why? Maybe because weak people are easier to manipulate and overpower, which is obviously in the best interest of those in power, in order to maintain their power.

gosling looks like your cousins boyfriend

I don't speak from personal experience, but he just has that look, you know?

they take a lot more into consideration than looks

namely, money, and status

>finally find a fellow /fitpol/ while browsing Veeky Forums

My man.

thats all very nice but you can't say how its weighted or anything more. its a very superficial understanding

Women are attracted to men who display social cachet, as this indicates the man's ability to influence and lead people. This is why celebrities are considered very attractive by women, but the same isn't really true for men (a hot girl is a hot girl regardless of whether or not they are famous). It's largely rooted in evolutionary biology, as the ability to influence and lead people shows resilience in times of stress and the ability to gather resources (very important for survival in scarce, pre modern day societies). Therefore what's considered attractive by women is more relative than for men.

Take your point about money, It's actually not about the money at all, women aren't attracted to billionaires but rather what that represents, ie the resourcefulness (the ability to create that wealth) and the influence that wealth gives over other people. If you just gave some random guy $1 billion without any of the other characteristics and he'll only attract gold diggers (who aren't even attracted to him at all but are just manipulating him to get what they want).

While looks do matter, as pointed out, most people on this board think looks (for men) are more important than they are when attracting women because that is what they can relate to.

The guy who wrote The Game is ugly as fuck but was great with woman because he was able to mimic traits of success despite being a bit of a loser.

>t. r9k incel

ITT we weaponize autism

Are you trying to tell me that you think you objectively "know" how much components of attraction are weighted among the general female population

this entire conversation is superficial, well done

Women want men with influence and power because it shows they have resourcefulness, correct?

But if that's the case, wouldn't people who hunt and stuff also be deemed attractive? Is it just because in modern society there's less incentive for a hunter/gatherer type person, and more of a demand for hard working business men? Hypothetically, if shit hit the fan and money was useless (for some reason), would people who are good at wilderness survival and hunting become the new attractive?

He's pretty good looking, despite asymmetry and some weak features and he's also exceptionally well groomed and styled.
That makes him a pretty well above average dude all other things removed. He's tall enough and attractive enough and well dressed enough to attract decent women assuming that his confidence is up to scratch.
He also moves well, has good posture and body language... Veeky Forums likes to forget that life is not a stationary picture, people move and are seen from all kinds of angles and with all kinds of expressions. A relatively 'ugly' person can become significantly more attractive if they happen to animate themselves in a healthy way.

What pushes him over the edge and into 'oh my god he's so hot sploosh' territory is that (((someone))) sticks him in popular romantic movies and in advertisments and as such it's a very famous and recognisable and therefore desirable face.
He has very high social value.

I don't browse /pol/, most of them are contrarian idiots who are as braindead and media obsessed as liberals. Notice how I didn't bring jews or blacks in my previous post. I'm not bitter, scared or angry, just conscious of the insidious power that mass media has as a method of population control and its nefarious effects on the individual.

don't try to bait me with disdainful buzzwords, it betrays your lack of insight and shows your blind adherence to contemporary cultural trends.

>But if that's the case, wouldn't people who hunt and stuff also be deemed attractive?

No? Everyone knows modern hunting is a game and usually for poor people. It isn't a form of necessity. It renders no power, status, or actual resource.

>Hypothetically, if shit hit the fan and money was useless (for some reason), would people who are good at wilderness survival and hunting become the new attractive?

Absolutely, as they would be the only ones with resources, ability, and by extension power. It's completely about context in human society.

tl;dr this thread
women are attracted to the idea of things.
Gosling is attached to the idea of attractiveness and cool

Sort of yes, there were some studies done that suggested women in violent societies find masculine men more attractive as they more able to protect them for danger, whereas in developed/safe societies the opposite was true (as more masculine/high test men are more likely to cheat/leave)

Although keep in mind it's not about the possessions, as attraction happens on a pre-rational level. It's not whether or not you can currently provide shelter/resources but whether or not your social standing allows you to procure those. Woman's attraction is largely based on social standing, whatever society dictates as important attributes will be reflected in what women find attractive.

Women want a man that will give them the sons they dreamed of having. Good tall gentlemen who can fuck a supermodel with just their eyes at 500m distance.

Dude whoa

> but whether or not your social standing allows you to procure those.

How does that work? I can understand to a degree, but (for example) broke college students getting degrees in something like Comp Sci almost never have money OR girlfriends (at least from my personal experience), but they have a higher chance to get a higher paying job than people getting other degrees that, on average, make less. Wouldn't women be more attracted to these types? Or is my reasoning flawed?

>Most guys on Veeky Forums usually tend to like women that are extremely attractive

Most guys on Veeky Forums are chubby chasers who don't even look at a woman's face.

That's just settling. Most hot girls are hard to come by, and when you do they're choosy and hard to please.

The THICC girls are easy to get and satisfy for sex at least

>Ryan Gosling
>Pinnacle of facial aesthetics

That's not Brock O'hurn, OP.

There are two things you need to do now.

1) Defend your theory that there is a conspiracy against muscular male beauty in a market dominated by capeshit, and

2) Using comparison photos, explain what classic convention of beauty it is that Ryan Gosling contradicts.

Except for the incredibly homosexual glasses he does have a great face. Just imagine him without those faggy frames and if he had about 5% less body fat. He would be a knockout.

Pic related

that guy is my inspiration, and I'm not a faggot

>but the same isn't really true for men (a hot girl is a hot girl regardless of whether or not they are famous).

To an extent but you also have girls like Taylor swift who are blatantly average and yet tons of guys find her attractive

His facial expression is always a mix of staring into the sun and looking at you with disappointment. It's kinda creepy desu

looks worse, fucking pleb gymcel lanklet

francisco and other slayers absolutely shit on this queer

Absolute poetry. I browse Veeky Forums for gems like this

Personality and social clout are MAJOR components of male attraction something the FACE FRAME HEIGHT fags always forget.

Fucking Gendy has admitted to having trouble with women and also says he's a major introvert

just looks like a woman with stubble to me

>Taylor Swift
>blatantly average
u fokkin wot m8

Gandy is lying in order to seem relatable to people. Similar to how celebrities seem to be eating pizza in all of their Instagram pics. Also gandy was probably a Chad in high school.

Look at Sean opry he was a football playing Chad in high school.

Every people who say Ryan Gosling is above 7/10 are retarded. Give anybody the choice between him and Toni Mahfud, who do you think is going to win?

What? She is

Thanks for demonstrating my point. People see her as above average because she's famous. In reality she's nothing special at all

Round face, blonde, non-brown eyes.

JUST

>impeccably groomed eyebrows
>looks like he's wearing eyeliner
>feminine eyes, nose and lips
even most "masculine" models are androgynous as fuck nowadays

Imagine being this guys brother

Toni Mahfud is a known fraud who morphs every single pic he puts on instagram.

But it's not. It's called stardom. He's only considered handsome because he is sold that way. When he was chosen to cast in the Notebook, the director said he chose Gosling because he had the perfect ugly face he was looking for.

Essentially, he's not actually handsome. He's just famous.

am i the only one that wonders why the fuck this dudes eyes are on a completely different level from one another? Dude looks like pic related

Toni got a rhinoplasty, braces and probably browridge surgery and skin darkening shit

and forehead reduction

He's definitely attractive but not the pinnacle of anything

I have a hard time believing people can be this vain. pretty depressing when you think about how much of a vapid airheaded you'd have to be to care so much about your fucking face

What you guys need to realise is that almost every superstar has some flaw that could be fixed but would probably ruin his career.

People do not want the perfect look. Perfect is fucking boring, this is why the most popular stars have some kind of flaw.

>have a beard
>be told by two separate girls that i look like hipster ryan gosling
>look nothing remotely like him

He got into instagram as a teen and got popular with morphed pics. Now he's using his income, which is probably high as fuck, to better resemble his morphs so he doesn't get destroyed at the few public events he attends. He's clearly got a bunch of surgeries and he doesn't resble his morphs yet so odds are he's going to continue doing so.

It's not out of vanity imo. His entire "career" is build on his (morphed) looks.

How the FUCK is this ayy lmao looking bog nigger a sex symbol?

>Most guys on Veeky Forums usually tend to like women that are extremely attractive, regardless of fame or money.
Most guys on Veeky Forums usually tend to like men.

Yep, I admit that. A very good friend of mine is a 6'4 tall guy with god tier facial aesthetics and is a guitarist in a Black Metal Band.
He had his first gf with 22 and never Sex before that because he is shy as fuck.

Queer anons and thirsty fems, please stop projecting.

>screenshotting reddit

Do you know where you are?

(((((((social status)))))))))

Why isn't bill gates and mark zuckerberg the pinnacle of sexual attractiveness then?

It's not just being money alone. Bill gates, Zuckerberg, Trump, Soros, etc are business men. The people women find attractive are people with jobs like singing, acting, sports stars, stuff that sounds sexy.

I think it might be entertainment in general because people like singers and actors have groups of "fans". And having fans basically puts your social status above everyone else

I garentee they could get more girls than you if they tried

He's the handsome guy next door look. He looks chill but fun. Confident but humble. Doesn't look stuck up.

It's like most men we see hot ass women and acknowledge their beauty but we still like our next door girl chicks.

The guy is such a sleeping pill when acting. He ruins every film he is in. And yes people think, like, buy what they are told to.

how the fuck does he get his hair like that

my man drive is fucken great

only ugly and low self esteem girls like him

underage spotted

he's literally perfect but i don't find him appealing

there's that point where you become TOO attractive, and your perfection becomes a flaw