PE

Okey Veeky Forums, I've just got a temporary job as fill-in PE teacher. My first lesson is tomorrow and I need something to do. Does anyone have a good strength/indurance program (Body-weight work and running etc) I can use? Preferably something very hard and physically demanding.

what age are we talking?

Dodgeball

15-16yo

That's too easy

One mile, which is about 4 laps around the track. 10 push-ups, lunges and squats after each lap. They gotta jog or walk fast. Put a time limit If you want. For girls you can keep the amount of push ups lunges and squats the same, or lower it a bit 5-8.

The PE lesson is for about 1h and 30 minutes

run a mile
10 push ups
10 free weight squats
let them play a sport for the remaining hour or so

beep test

Or do bleachers, one side to the other, make them jog back to the start and do push ups lunges and squats then go again. Repeat a few times.

That's how you make kids like you though

Okey sounds prettty good. Probably gonna add more push-ups tho

We don't care about that, we're freaks

Okey, maybe dodgeball then. If they are good

You could start with 10 then add another 5 after each lap, 10,15, 20, 25. Could finish with abs, planks, curls, bicycle, leg raises, twists.

These are 15-16 year olds not SEALs
chance are most are out of shape to start with so that small routine will be "tough" for them.
high schoolers use PE free time to socialize for the most part.

with medicine balls

That's more like it, lol

You are delusional if you think the kids are going to do a workout for a fill in gym teacher. Just let them do a sport

Get 20 power racks and make them all do SS or stronglifts and drink a gallon of milk before they go home.

Just have them play a simple sport tournament.
Whatever sport is fine just make sure you have enough kids for it. Like 4 teams of whatever.
Those were always the most fun in PE

whatever you can do to keep them busy while you install cameras in the womens shower room

Also how did you get the job?

Make them run til they throw up.

Then make them eat it.

Gotta make sure you keep your gains, right babe?

just let them play football like they want to

Idk, they really didn't have any requirements

No