Exercising while high

Sup /fit?

Anyone enjoy working out high? I've been lifting for about 2 and a half years now and have always enjoyed a nice buzz prior to my workout. It's actually the only time I smoke anymore. Feelsgoodman.jpeg

What are your thoughts? Curious to hear other people's experiences with this and how you have or haven't benefited. Pic related, current buds.

Bump

DUDE

It's always hurt my reps and my cardio. I think it only benefits addicts who need it for normal emotional functioning

Stupid when you can perform better when not high. And don't try and say thats wrong.

Fucking stoners

I've had mixed results as far as beating PR but with the presmoke, once you get into your routine, you feel great working out. This applies to both weightlifting and cardio for me although cardio is much harder to start

I really can't stand going outside if I'm high, once I got really high then I wanted to get some hamburgers 1 km away, mid way threw I got this feeling of "IM SO FAR AWAY FROM MY HOUSE YET IM SO FAR AWAY FROM THE STORE, I FEEL TRAPPED" and I got a panic attack, I also remember being in the store bending down to get the wallet I droped and I bumped my head at some ladies body(not sure if i did or thought I did).

Weed is fucking retarded, and it gives you mood disorders.

That may be true for you. I personally don't have any hinderence to my abilties that effect me negatively. When I smoke prior to, it helps me perform better in the sense that it removes me from any mental distractions and allows me to focus my entire self on the use of my muscles. I don't expect it to help me become stronger or to give me a freakish boost in strength..it's all about the mindset it gives me. That's what dictates my output.

Motherfucker I didn't ask about your experiences at the grocery store..

DYEL

We are not all gifted with the ability to be able to smoke shit ton of weed without becoming anxious and paranoid.

I hate weed my nigga, wish I could smoke weed just like any other tattoed up trap nation blowhard.

I agree with the cardio part if it's a bit intense. Helps with the jogging or biking but I wouldn't take a hit before I did sprints.

I don't know how people can lift high but it's made for hiking.

>mfw I make it to a nice view with some cheesy psybient music

I'm just saying that I don't function on weed, I become phobic af and just stay inside trying not to have a bad high.

If you can smoke a blunt and then do shit like going to the gym then you're fucking evil. Only a evil person could be so "collective" and "calm".

theoretically its actually good for hypertrophy training

>depresses your CNS forcing you to lift weight less efficiently
>therefore this should cause you to get more hypertrophy (muscle damage) without increasing the weight
>also improves blood flow to the lungs for more TUT in your sets
>helps you feel full contractions better

I actually want to test this out but you know its illegal and stuff

You have a hidden anxiety disorder, anons. You should probably address that. (you probably live in a state where it's illegal or you're still under the stigma that it brings)

I used to smoke pot and freak the fuck out. Then I addressed my problems.

Either that or you're smoking some super potent shit that you should save for when you're a bit more advanced. It's like drinking Bacardi 151 when you're 17 and saying "I don't like alcohol, it just fucks me up, man." Try it after drinking steadily for a few years and you'll drink it like it's nothing.

Now I smoke weed and go out wherever I want. Not that I do all the time, but sometimes I'm high and I want something from the store. I never drive while high because that's fucking stupid, but I'm not afraid to leave my house.

Also, to be on topic, working out while high is the best. You can go longer, go harder, and have more fun doing it. Working out while high is exhilarating as fuck.

Right on..sounds like you would benefit better from a bump of that Devil's dandruff, right up your pooper.

did it once and got trapped in a conversation with a PT, constantly asking myself if he figured out that im stoned

do not recommend

Before to go to the gym, I like to smoke to get a buzz so when I start lifting, I get into the "zone" as I listen to shitty chinese cartoon theme song/corea pop

I smoke before I bike.
Nothing more relaxing than smoking a joint and than going for a long ass bike ride

WEEEEEEEEED

This.

If you aren't comfortable with yourself as a person then weed will make you focus on your insecurities. Fix that shit first and then try again.

What kind of workouts do you do?

>used to be a fat fuck
>start smoking weed
>become super insecure about my weight
>lose like 50 lbs and now I'm on my way to becoming Veeky Forums

It's not all bad.

It dies eventually. Getting high will become a detriment instead of a good preworkout. Unless you're getting high with food.

user, people severely underestimate weed's potential to make you lose weight.

I suspect that when mainstream America finally accepts weed as a legal drug they're going to be smoking pot like crazy once they find out potheads are significantly more likely to weigh less than non-smokers.

Hell I'm overweight and I'm using it now to lose weight. I lost 20 pounds in the last 4 months and I've done nothing but lift occasionally and eat whatever the fuck I want.

Split routine 5 days a week. Do cardio 3 days a week.

I don't know how you all do it.

I like smoking weed but I just can't stand doing any sort of physical activity when stoned. It makes everything seem so laborious and long.

I used to be a hypochondriac when I was in my late teens and I've associated smoking weed with depression, anxiety and psychosis.

So when I get high It gets so easy to get freaked out thinking shit like "now im high, this is the downfall, now im gonna be depressed from this chemical abuse.... maybe i've activated schizophrenia it's all downhill from here, hello psych meds and mental deterioration and slipping into madness".

That's why I have benzos and booze with me when I get high now, I take all the precautions because freaking out on weed can feel like a near death experience if you're high enough and the after effect of that panic attack tend to linger on after the high.

If you live in a legal state, get some high-CBD weed. Smoke that when you start to freak out. It'll bring you right out of it.

If you're honestly freaking out and don't have that, start working out. At first, the increase in adrenaline makes you freak a little. Once you start to burn that off, though, you'll start to really enjoy yourself. I always used to do a really fucking hard workout before smoking.

Also, I know some guys are all "masturbating doesn't do anything" but if you masturbate regularly, you could end up with more consequences while smoking. I don't jerk off before smoking.

What do you think of Meshuggah's new album?
Into decay is fucking sick

That's pretty narrow minded dontcha think

It used to make me stronger because I felt I had to get the reps up or else I'd be forced to realize that I was an addict rationalizing drug use in a place that doesn't call for its use at all. I really liked weed, so I didn't want to fail.

i have about half a gram at my house i was going to enjoy later tonight. but i was thinking i could take a couple hits before i run the trail next to my house. its about a 5 mile run. any anons think it would be worth it? not getting too high just kinda stoned then going on a good run. thoughts?

post current body pic faggot

When I smoked I always took a hit off my one hitter before the gym I feel like it boosted the effects of my pre work out and helped me push out a few extra reps
I quit smoking now and haven't really noticed any major changes
Just don't get uber baked before the gym and your golden

>talking to a PT
>ever

>dude weed lmao
weed is for niggers

You are living a lie and the herb is gently telling you whats wrong.

tried it, hated it and the one time I did I farted while squatting and everyone gave me the weirdest look but I had my headphones on...

I did it once not liked it much. It changes body perception and I ended up doing fewer feps because it was hard to guess how much power I had left. Smoking afterwards is fine.

I doubt that one can tell at a public gym if you are stoned or exhausted from workout.

What lie might that be? This kind of "hurr maybes its u's, maybe u evil or sum", this kind of retarded logic is why so many people hate weed users.

Why have there been so many threads about weed today

>dude 420 lmao

Makes my runs more enjoyable. I get more in tune with the music and feel more in cadence. Try it and see how it works for you.

There's no maybe about it. You're a fuckin' dick.

Pretty sure I'm a better person than you.

I'm a skinny motherfucker, trying to break out of ottermode and into beastmode.

Eating at a surplus fucking kills me.
Weedleedoo helps

You've got anxieties like anyone else and getting 420 blazed destroys the mental wall you've built to keep them at bay. It's pretty common.

>being paranoid about paranoia

funny

Consuming marijuana on a daily basis is degenerate.

Weed for lifting or cardio is ruinous. Huge mistake. However, smoking before yoga and foam rolling is life changing. Your mind to body connection is through the roof.

>You've got anxieties like anyone else and getting 420 blazed destroys the mental wall you've built to keep them at bay. It's pretty common.

I think this is my problem, and tips besides just fix yourself?

give it a rest man

or do psychedelics for a shock therapy

What do you mean by mental wall?

I try to confront my anxieties and think them through, the more I don't want to think about them the better. Like I have an issue with overthinking health problems, I'll get something like a nasty bit of acid reflux and think about how it could be a heart attack, what-if thoughts like that. I know damn well it's just heartburn, but bad heartburn can feel the same as a heart attack, so there's a gap for anxiety to sneak in if you feel me. So I tell myself it is a heart attack, it's gonna kill me, and I'm gonna sit here and let it kill me. This kills the anxiety, kek.
Thought patterns and/or behaviors you've developed to avoid thinking uncomfortable thoughts. Like say if you're in a social situation where you don't know anybody and rather than try starting a conversation with a stranger you take out your phone and fuck around with it instead. That behavior is the wall that keeps you from having to overcome your social phobia.

>working out high?
>working
>high
that's a fucking oxymoron bruh

>Thought patterns and/or behaviors you've developed to avoid thinking uncomfortable thoughts. Like say if you're in a social situation where you don't know anybody and rather than try starting a conversation with a stranger you take out your phone and fuck around with it instead. That behavior is the wall that keeps you from having to overcome your social phobia.

I don't really get bothered by me introspective thoughts about my self, I more than likely get creeped out watching tv or something like that (especially adult swim shit), I start to think shit like "omg these people are nihilists", movies seem so fake and you notice how movies are shit and people act so insane and irrational.

Maybe just do something else while high then. There's probably something you could change mentally and get past it but that's a lotta work when you could just listen to music or go for a walk or whatever and not have a problem in the first place.

>Thought patterns and/or behaviors you've developed to avoid thinking uncomfortable thoughts. Like say if you're in a social situation where you don't know anybody and rather than try starting a conversation with a stranger you take out your phone and fuck around with it instead. That behavior is the wall that keeps you from having to overcome your social phobia.

Why should I be obligated to talk to to strnagers? Maybe I just don't ant to talk to them.

>be me 5 years ago
>15, 6'0", 370 lbs
>Literally never have a sober moment-constantly high
>Start working out while high
>lovingthisshit.jpeg
>lose like 50 lbs in 2.5 months
>out of nowhere start having mad cravings for junk food
>little debbies, cookies, sodas, chocolate bars. etc.
>lose nearly all the progress I made during those two months because marijuana
Fast forward a few years
>be me
>be 17, 229 lbs
>stopped smoking
>stopped binge eating
>actually capable of rational, and logical thinking
>making it

Recently, I took a few hits from a blunt and tried to workout; bar slipped from my grip and would have probably crushed my jugular if I hadn't had a spotter, who was sober of course.

Seriously, fuck marijuana and the people who tell you that shit is healthy for you. The only reason people use substances is to escape the reality they created.
But I guess If you can handle yourself and not morph into a complete loser and dumbass then fine, but I've personally never seen it.

for you.

This shit is basic psycho analysis m8. Almost everyone goes trough it too. You've got inner demons. Weed takes away your mental layers of defense, rendering you vulnerable. The only way to beat it is to allow yourself to be vulnerable, face those demons head on. You'll notice the anxiety fades over time and you give less of a shit about trivial things

Ever heard of "facing your fears"? You gotta confront that shit head on. If you're someone with social anxiety for example the only way to fix it is to force yourself into social situations.

tried it once before. it is in no way, shape or form for me.

Do you honestly think people hide behind their phones because they just don't want to talk to people? Absolutely no insecurity at all going on there?

You aren't even the best version of yourself.

careful with mixing benzos and booze my friend

HAHAAAA WEEEED MAAAAAAAAAN

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

LMAAAOO

How do you lose weight on weed unless its just the fat insecurity

When I get high i eat so much ice cream...

I know what you mean, i feel less sharp when I smoke but doing it only occasionally and socially helps.

It's hard but i try eat just fruit when high.

as for dropping the bar, I would never left high without all the safetys set on my power cage familam

one of the side effects is that it makes you unnecessarily paranoid

just because you dont experience it doesn't mean its not a side effect for some people.

> Lel emotional functioning

Its weed not risperidone.

hello fellow stoners

im out of weed, where should i look for that last hit? already scraped out the black shit from my grinder

> not driving while high
I will ONLY drive high. Every other time, my road rage kills my vibe. Cruisin while high is the best thing ever. Second onky to sex or a shower after smokin

I'm seeing them soon with stupid megadeth and my favorite band of all time TesseracT

I break PRs when Dancers To A Discordant System starts playing

>All these faggots thinking they are enlightened and a philosophical guru because they inhale a burnt plant

It works great for me. Helps me get in that motivational zone. Most of all it helps me a great deal with mind muscle connection, proper form and posture and what not.

I smoke a few cones before going to the gym, it helps me with social interactions and I'm able to feel contractions better.

Also it helps you lose weight like crazy.

I owe my fitness achievements to weed. When I first started lifting as a skinny fat little fuck I would smoke before so that I would stop paying attention to what others were thinking of me. It also made me concentrate super hard on muscles, performance, and how to actually lift.

Stephen?

Less efficient CNS = less stress on system = less damage = less gains.

How is this even a debate?

Eh, I'm focused as is when working out.

GOAT after excercising tho.

iv gone on sativa wax oil (through a pen) and iv hit the same reos and sets. i go with some friends and its just more fun. indo and some hybrids will put you to sleep and eat more (decent for bulking)

Yeah. Actually I'd need to agree with this. Weight lifting is nogo. Cycling/biking is cosy tho.

sounds like a shit idea. also even as a seasoned veteran I wouldn't trust myself with a heavy set on the bench or DL'ing 1 rep max etc. while high and those are the things that give me most pleasure at the gym.

just do your workout sober, get home, take a shower and smoke.

Smoked weed for 5 years. Loved that shit more than any drug. Made me start working out etc. So I give it that credit at least. Stopped smoking three months ago. Weights sky rocketed. Beard growth kicked in massively. Hooked up with girls in clubs from being a kissless virgin. Now it's obvious to me that weed fucks ur hormonal balance. Specifically Testosterone. If you want gains and gals, quit weed. Trust me.

you're not wrong and weed definitely does hamper performance and recovery but I would choose weed over girls any day. the thing I dislike is that it makes me lazy as fuck. if I have weed I never manage to get a workout in because I just wake and bake and the day is lost.

Weed is really bad for you, people telling you otherwise are stoners rationalizing their addiction.

Sure, I'll accept that smoking once in a while is fine, but for every single smoker I meet its part of their lifestyle/identity

You are mentally challenged if you really think smoking drugs before working out helps you. No.

counterpoint: meth

>Yesterday
>Be 4 20
>Get high with friends
>Be a lazy fatass and don't go workout

Feel shit.

meth is stimulant though and even that hurts your gains, it just makes it harder to get tired. weed is a sedative

BOO THIS MAN
seriously, never let drugs come before shit that's actually good for you.

>weed is a sedative

weed is a hallucinogenic stimulant

something "making you tired" does not mean it is a sedative

weed makes me lazy. wont go to the gym when stoned.

Weed is literally a depressant moron.

Try not smoking indica lel.
I can't sit on my ass after blazing, gotta move.

Then why does my heart rate increase when smoking? You sound like someone who only knows about drugs from DARE PSAs

No, it's not. Why did you type that and hit "post"? Did you think being wrong would magically reverse and you would become right if you wrote something fuckin stupid enough?

I jus tTOLD YOU WHAT IT IS. I JUST TOLD YOU. IT ISN'T AN ARGUMENT.