Help me Veeky Forums

A year ago I ate some fucked up take away food and got this fucked up stomach ache for three days, worst one I ever had, was in bed for three days.

After that I was never the same. My stomach bloats up now like all the time, have constant discomfort/pain, it sucks.

Doctors did loads of tests, couldn't find anything wrong, they're calling it post-infectious IBS or irritable bowel syndrome.

One doctor told me that that prognosis for PI-IBS is good and that after a year or so I should be okay...

well it's been a facking year lads...

I'm better but I still haven't recovered. Wtf family? Anybody here have IBS? I'm so sick of feeling like shit all the time... like a wounded dog version of myself. My worst symptom is the bloating... it's so fucking awful. The constant discomfort also fucking sucks.

How can I cure myself? Any advice? Anybody here have post-infectious IBS and then seen it go away? I've read online that IBS is incurable :(

Other urls found in this thread:

healthline.com/health/irritable-bowel-syndrome/serotonin-effects#overview1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i also often have very bad shits, either way too hard or runny, rarely smooth and "healthy", often gases, today i had stomach pain for example

maybe i eat too much, bulking life

thats nothing dude...

not having great shits is whatever

my shits are hardly the problem

its the fucking pain and bloating that sucks so much

i used to be 15kg heavier, muscular, last year. i've lost so much weight since this started because my appetite has gone down a lot.

sup bro, Ive got crohns. only thing that works for me is to do a 14 day cycle of prilolec every few months

prilosec. fucking phone

sorry bro

they nearly diagnosed me with crohn's.

the faecal calprotectin test was high (420, no pun intended) so they did a colonoscopy. doctor thought he saw inflammation scattered throughout colon and told me right there I had crohn's. he took 16 biopsies, but when they went to the lab they said there was only a small patch of inflammation in the caecum, and it was ruled 'indeterminate'.

i'm grateful it wasn't crohn's/UC. didnt think i had it anyway... dont have the other symptoms for it and blood tests are healthy (no blood in stool either)

i'm glad youve got yours under control dude.

Try water fasting

You may have C-dif. Clostridium dificili.(?) Got it while deployed and had to take anti-malaria meds. Killed all my good gut bacteria and left me with that. Now i gotta eat yogurt and pre/pro-biotics to keep everything under control. Very similar to IBS but is tied to the bacteria in your gut. If you see the doc again have them check for it. If it gets bad they guve you the same therapy as folks recovering from cancer. Chemo kills the stuff in the stomach Which all needs to be replaced

You ready for this?

IBS is all in your head. It has to do with your low levels of serotonin, and the anxiety you now feel when you eat is making the "problem" worse.

Convince yourself that the next placebo you take is going to solve it, and it will. Or you could just use this post to do it for you.

healthline.com/health/irritable-bowel-syndrome/serotonin-effects#overview1

This right here tbqh fampei

they tested for that m8

for how long?

water fast for a while. Let your guts recover.

any boxers here?
my gym has heavy bag so i bought MMA gloves and i have been hitting it for 1 hour every day for 7 days straight
my right hand bellow my pinky hurts my left hand hurted but recovered now dont hurt that much
I also eat 7 times a day and shit barely once a day
WHERE DOES THE FOOD GO?
Is it possible that i spend all this food i mean is it all going out as sweat with water and with piss and in muscules

I have never been this phisicaly aactive before so.... i dunno also im skinnyfat manlet 28 yearsold
AMA and help pls

sorry for the pic

Did they test for Helicobacter Pylori?

yup. i thought it was gastritis at first, too.

go easy on the carbs. Since a year and a half I have IBS, I'm on a keto diet and my IBS symptoms have been reduced by well at least 90%

ps: you could have a candida

can you tell me what your symptoms are/were?

what happens when you go off the diet?

do you feel like you're actually getting better and that one day you'll be normal again? or do you think you'll be on the diet forever?

thanks

probiotics bro, lots of them, start with floristore, go from there.

also, look for live kraut and/or kimchi at the local hipster market. mega good bugs in that stuff.

I had that for months, till I figured it was drinking beers with FREDDO CAPPUCCINO every day.
went back to normal.

are you speaking from ibs experience m8?

Bloating is from carb fermentation due to fucked up bacteria/flora in your gut. Eat keto or low fodmap.

Get tested for SIBO via real breath test at a dr office.

Prescription: Make and drink kefir and eat zero fructose and fodmaps. Glucose will actually assist fodmap absorption but might worsen sibo (or maybe it wont). Take l-glutamine daily in high amounts (5+ g per day). If disrrhea is a problem, supplement saccrpmyces boullardi. If anxiety is a trigger, treat your anxiety as needed with drugs including propanolol (safest and physical effects only).

Lastly, your story is very similar to many people that i know personally and even my own. You will likely not improve drastically within the next 5 years until advances are made in consumer products and medicine. Learn to be happy as you are. Sorry.

Source: years of study and i have lymphocytic colitis, sibo, and some other diagnoses

Try cutting soy and eating some Greek yogurt.

>Get tested for SIBO via real breath test at a dr office.
been tested for that shit twice with two different breath tests m8. blood tests all normal. neither GI of mine thought I had it for some reason.

>kefir
I want to make this but the problem is I can't digest lactose anymore. Since I got ill with this thing I've also had a lactose intolerance breath test, and I didn't even need the breath test to tell me I couldn't handle it because my ass exploded.

it's so weird. before this happened I digested milk fine. now I can't anymore.

in the long run, you will need enemas made with feces. Get a good friend that wants to share his feces with you and begin the procedure.

Talk with a doctor first, though.

that's fine. you can make and eat/drink:

- water kefir (starters via ebay)
- kombucha (starters via ebay)
- kimchi
- sourkraut

and/or just buy quality probiotics such as Prescript Assist or Garden of Life. I recommend the above drinks/foods though as they are cheaper/free.

I did this. It doesn't work for everyone but it is essentially the gold standard probiotic.

you can find a paper on pubmed from a researcher who found people still making kefir from scratch in rural iran, and they make it by filling up a sheep's stomach/intestine with milk and letting it ferment naturally. in a sense this means dairy kefir is basically a drinkable FMT as it's fermented with innards.

good. keep getting tests for different things. more data points means you get a more clear picture of what is wrong with you.

follow my instructions so this hasn't been a waste of my time please.

on Facebook, search for and join the Gut Health Protocol group. that's one of the best groups for discussing this stuff. also the Perfect Health Diet group. they are about topics that arent exactly your condition but you won't find smarter people more able to help you anywhere else. post there.

lastly, the fermentation process digests sugars, so there shouldn't be any lactose left in fully fermented kefir. if you have a casein/whey protein issue, those also get partially denatured so you might still be able to handle it. if not, you could make it with A2 cow milk or goats milk which might suit your immunology better.

in other words, you'll probably be able to handle it so just make dairy kefir.