No good feeling on Bench Press

Should I force myself to continue bench pressin even tough I don't have good sensations with this exercice?
It's been years and my chest is the most undertrained part of my body. When I BP, my shoulders are always making most of the work (probably because they're my strong point and chest is my weak point).

But since I always hear how BP is the most basic exercice that everyone is doing and must be doing, I never dared to take it out of my routine.
But now, I need to know. Is it a good idea to take out BP out of a routine for good? And if yes, can I replace with DB Bench Press only or should I add something more with it?

Depends. How strong is your bench?
It was my weak point too for a long time, weak as shit and could even get a pump out of it. But ever since I focused on getting stronger on it, and upping the volume, it got way better. It is my main chest exercise right now (home gym).
But again, upping the volume helped (as did working on the mind-muscle-connection of my chest).

Today for example, I did a 1 to 20 rep scheme with a light-medium weight. Basically start at 1 rep, and work yourself up to 20 reps, one rep at a time.
I still feel that pump in my chest.

I'm the same OP. The majority of the time when I bench I don't feel shit in my chest so I've really been trying to feel the movement when performing it. Drop the weight a bit, slow the movement down and really get in the groove.

That then led me to realise that my shoulders are internally rotated, which is causing my shoulders to take over the movement, and that's also throwing all my other lifts out. Kelly Starrett has some great material on general shoulder health and so does Trevor Bachmayer.

Incline DB Bench Press bby

It's the way to go when flat bench fails you

It's weak as fuck. Never been to two plates in my entire life. But I never tried that volume thing. I always went as heavy as I could wich was never a lot and most of the time since my chest is weak as fuck, my form gets worse and I usually injure my elbow or shoulder.

i'll check that out.

Yeah but Incline DB Bench Press is already in my routine. I want something to replace for flat BP.

Yeah man, you need to get stronger. I am by no means super strong with my bench, but after focusing on slowly increasing the weight week by week (for different rep schemes - I did 3x12 for a while, then 4x8 and 3x5 and sometimes mixing it) my bench feels so much better.
I guess it's quite a technical thing too, because your shoulders should not be the main muscle working obviously.

What you could also try is exhausting the shoulders beforehand. I don't mean crushing them, but working them enough that you won't be doing any PR for bench that day. And then work in some set of bench, like 3x5-8 or so, staying lowish with the weight. This is more of a technical workout though, where you want to focus on feeling your chest during bench.

And yet another thing, you could also try benching like 3x a week, but staying either low with the reps 3x3-5 and medium/highish with the weigh, or lower weight and more of a bodybuilding style workout.

I guess tl:dr just focus on your bench for a while

>flat db press
>flat db fly
>decline cable fly
problem solved

press your shoulderblades together and make an arch

Op here. Want to see a picture of my cock?

>When I BP, my shoulders are always making most of the work (probably because they're my strong point and chest is my weak point).

The problem is if your training BBBP for strength its no longer much of a chest exercise anymore... and people seem to have an aversion to dropping the weight from their "max" and doing bodybuilding style BBBP, which focusses on chest.

there's almost a 30kg difference for me between the two styles of BBBP.

why don't u just give dumbell presses a try and see how that goes. there's other variations u can try as well like cables or dips. Honestly just try them all and then compare how you feel between them all

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

Pec deck

Well sorry for asking a stupid question like that but since english isn't my first langage, i don't really know what you mean by increasing the volume. You mean that I should try to make more reps with a lower weigth ?
Because that's I was going to try. I'm tired of going hard for nothing. I'd rather do 4 sets of 20-ish reps with baby weigths and actually feel my chest pumping than going harder and only feel my shoulders doing the work.

Yeah I feel fucking weak that's why I usually don't like to lower the weight. It's depressing to be the guy that's benching 50kg.
But now, fuck it, I'll do it, I don't give a fuck anymore. If I don't feel any difference or progress, I'll just stick to DBBB

>my shoulders are always making most of the work
Too much weight leads to bad form

You're not the only one. Only on chest decks with pre-workout can I even remotely feel my chest muscles. You are working them, just push through the shittiest muscle group (shitty as in no fun).

Bench is a full body exercise if done properly. Doing light weights is a waste of time.

I do mean going for more sets and reps with lower weight. Or more days doing bench. Or both. Higher volume (to me) me means doing more of something that you want to improve.

If your shoulders are doing most of the work, your form is dogshit and you aren't retracting and depressing your scapula.

I feel you, since I'm not getting any progress, I'm really not having fun at all on chest days. Back days on the other hand, I fucking love them.

K', will do that.

I fixed my form with doing the shoulder blade thing and putting my shoulders further from the bar (in a 45° angle from my core). It was better but still not enough.

Then it's some combination of you're not doing it well enough and your grip isn't wide enough.

Yeah but as many people already said there and there, some exercises are not for some people. We're all different, so is our bodies so I was thinking it might probably come from that.
I saw in a video where a guy said he was getting more sensation on DB BP than in BB BP. But I'm doubting the way of doing a chest day without BB BP. That's why I'm making this thread.

How do you know if your shoulders are internally rotated?

We're different in the matter of genetic potential, muscular origin, insertions, bellies, and limb segmentation, but unless a lot of work goes into changing a lift, like not retracting and depressing your scapula, your muscles are going to be under the exact same stimulation as my muscles would be doing the exact same movement.

>The problem is if your training BBBP for strength its no longer much of a chest exercise anymore... and people seem to have an aversion to dropping the weight from their "max" and doing bodybuilding style BBBP, which focusses on chest.
>there's almost a 30kg difference for me between the two styles of BBBP.

can you explain the difference between powerlifting bench press and bodybuilding bench press?
i didn't even know that was a thing

I'm a wee bit stronger but pretty much the same boat, why the fuck is this ?

Is it a posture thing ? I always felt it was because i have slighty rolled shoulders (as in i slouch) and thought it might have something to do with that.

Only time i feel like i'm "activating" my chest is flys.