Whey VS Casein

Time to settle the long time debate.

Whey VS Casein for building muscle/strength, aiding in diet. Which should serious lifters be taking and why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5gmz6ig4pfc
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4166373/
anabolicsteroidcalculator.com/resources/articles/supplements/article6.pdf
journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fphys.2015.00245/full
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Real food

Whey after workout.
Casein before sleeping.

/thread

This.

Last I checked, protein powder is real food that you can really eat.

>being this retarded

I always assumed the casein before sleeping thing was a meme, like waking up 4 hours into your sleep to drink a shake

youtube.com/watch?v=5gmz6ig4pfc

t. skellies mad at their "diets" being called out

Be careful though bros, casein is a possible carcinogen. Just looking out for you all.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4166373/

Why not casein after lifting? I'd rather have my protein synthesis steadily elevated over 4 hours than spiked for a few minutes then dropped

>food is no longer food because it's the powder form of food

You're retarded and you know it bud

>nutrient cause cancer cells to divide in vitro
>therefore carcinogen
Better stop breathing too, and cut off your balls while you're at it, testosterone is a potent mitogen

muscle full effect

anabolicsteroidcalculator.com/resources/articles/supplements/article6.pdf

>implying that scoop(s) will be the last source of protein for 4+ hours
>forgetting protein synthesis is artificially elevated post training

This is the biggest shill shit I've seen in ages.

I mix both for post workout and casein before bed.

Whey Isolate. Regular whey is shit

you should use small amount of whey pre workout and a good amount after. eat yogurt right before bed and right when you get up to space out your protein intake throughout the day. it's like an op rejuv heal from a druid but with protein

This is correct, but also 10/10 broscience. The Fitness industry always win

What long debate you mongoloid? Everybody knows that Whey is short term protein intake, and casein is long term, therefore whey is best for before working out, and casein is best for after.

Fucking hell no, lactose before sleeping gives nightmares. Life is enough

I looked into this. Can't be fucked to find the sources, but Casein has less bio-availability, and whey is still absorbed into your body up to 8 hours later.

Basically, Casein is less bang, for more buck. Also mixes like shit, so just stick to whey isolate.

it don't matter faggot just take your dose of protein and shut up

ah yes, hunter-gatherers often supplemented their diets with whey protein powder

Casein is just a bro supp that is supposed to be taken before bed for somekind of shill magic

Just buy whey what the fuck is wrong with you

journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fphys.2015.00245/full

>Proteins such as whey and soy are digested relatively rapidly, resulting in rapid aminoacidemia, and induce a larger but more transient rise in MPS than casein (Tang et al., 2009; Reitelseder et al., 2011). Whole-body protein synthesis is stimulated more with whey protein whereas whole-body protein breakdown is suppressed with ingestion of casein (Boirie et al., 1997).

>The slower and more protracted aminoacidemia accompanying the ingestion of casein protein (Pennings et al., 2011), shown in pre-sleep protein ingestion studies (Res et al., 2012; Snijders et al., 2015), may be more effective at sustaining MPS and possibly at attenuating negative net protein balance

Something can only be food if a shit flinging caveman ate it now?

>arguing with Veeky Forums
Dude, no. They are the leafs of Veeky Forums. You can't reason with them.

Unless you're wealthy piato, supps aren't food

What is it then?

whey is cheaper than any other protein source if you buy from the proper channels (not my memepowders.gom)

> implying myprotein isn't the cheapest mid teir whey

Fpbp
Shill/broscientist/troll/retard
Little micros, highly processed, far from "whole food", not unlike bread from bleached flour
Maximum shill

>Shill/broscientist/troll/retard
>literally no arguments

The burden of proof is on the shill because he says I should buy his powder Jew.

Also there are arguments literally two lines below what you quoted.

yes, casein digests slower, but it doesn't peak MPS as high as whey does.

what matters is the total volume of MPS, which is probably pretty much the same if not a bit less for casein compared to whey.

it's like if I asked you "do you want 1000 dollars right now or 100 dollars every day for 10 days". it makes no difference as long as you don't need all the money right away (you don't, in this case)

I want 1000 dollars every day for the next 10 days

No thanks, I want to keep my hair.

C M O N

oxygen is the number one cause of oxidative damage user.

Don't you know about free radicals? It's all fucking oxygen dude, you have to breathe through a special respirator designed to sustain you off nitrogen if you want to live right.

>α-Casein and total casein did not affect the proliferations of RWPE1, HEK293, A459, SNU484, MCF7, HEK293, or RWPE1 cells. However, PC3 cells treated with 1 mg/mL of α-casein and casein showed increased proliferation (228% and 166%, respectively), and the proliferation of LNCaP cells was also enhanced by 134% and 142%, respectively. The proliferation mechanism of α-casein in PC3 and LNCaP cells did not appear to be related to the induction of Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), since the level of IGF-1 did not change upon the supplementation of casein.

>didn't read the results

Red pill me on richs supps

doesn't matter, just get your protein from somewhere

Time value of money. You always take it up front.

overpriced but still good product. his real food is just flavoured corn starch for example

>free radicals
>It's all fucking oxygen

No. Free radicals are any atoms/molecules with unpaired e-. They predominately arise from INTERACTION with oxygen.
t. biochemist @ work far too early with far too little coffee

>I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about

You fucking idiots are basically paying money for agricultural waste, you are being jewed. Just eat fucking food you idiots.

Shhhh if they know how will my friends make money.