/owg/ Olympic Weightlifting General

Hi my name is Panzer and I am better than all of you, edition

How the fuck do I actually use my hips to put speed into the bar?

you gotta fuck the bar
you gotta make it cum
you gotta fuck the bar with your serpent tongue

Does Max Lang do bodybuilding stuff in addition to his regular programming? I want to try and convince my coach to let me do curls

No no, silly. Do as the Slavs do and let the bar fuck YOU

What is yall's FS to Clean ratio

I feel very inefficient with the strength I have, cause I used to train for powerlifting before oly so I have a 155kg front squat at 85 but only a 105kg clean and jerk

Is this /fat/?

190kg F.S to a 155kg clean. Could probably do more on the clean but jerks suck so I haven't pushed cleans any higher atm

175KG to 130KG, both were fairly conservative (front squat because I was slightly injured, and 130KG because I couldn't jerk more). I was also a powerlifter before weightlifting, and both of our ratios are shit.

You are supposed to be able to clean and jerk 90% of your front squat if you are efficient.

do I need a coach to learn it? how strong should I be before I consider training oly lifts?

Either a coach, or someone to look at your shit and call you out on when you are being retarded. If you know what you are doing, then you can self coach a bit. One of the GOAT thought coaches were stupid, and he got a fuck ton of olympic and world championship gold medals during an insane era of weightlifting.

fucked my shoulder, hurt it reracking a heavy bs and then kept training on it. Today it just fucking went to shit and i can barely move it.
My masseuse friend said it was my rhomboids and subscap, Gonna try and rest it off while still doing some legs work.

I'm quite new to weight training in general, I've only been lifting for 4 months. Is there anything I can work into my routine to build a foundation for oly?

It's best. The movements are complicated. It's hard to figure out how to get all aspects of the pull down on your own. You also run the chance of teaching yourself the wrong way and ingraining bad patterns in forever.

Build mobility everywhere. In particular: ankle, hip (flexion, internal and external rotation), triceps, biceps, wrists, and lats. Work on your overhead squat, front squat, and normal squat. Do romanian deadlifts to build your pulling muscles. Do plenty of heavy over head press, and klokov presses along with heavy rows. Proper form (doesn't have to always look good, but the fundamentals always have to be true, no back rounding, etc). In general you want to build up your legs, back, abs, and shoulders through a mixture of heavy work and high rep.

Also again, build mobility literally everywhere. Try to work on being able to front squat and overhead squat well, having the mobility to do those well is vital because you need to be able to get into those positions to do full cleans and snatches. Eventually you are going to need to be able to do front and back sotts presses. You are also going to want to get a pair of weightlifting shoes. I really like my Romaleos 2, but they discontinued them so I can't really give advice on shoes other than: don't buy crossfit shoes.

I'll add my 2 cents on this a big part of oly lifts is being explosive. When you're squatting, make the movement slow and controlled when you're descending, then fast on the way back up.

Adipowers are good

I've heard Romaleo 3s are not so good

Oh yeah, definitely this. Jumps are also really good prep for weightlifting.

thanks for the advice

So I should:
-add overhead squats, front squats, romanian deadlifts.
-focus on heavy OHP
-work towards klokov, and sotts presses
-do lots of mobility stretching
-focus on being explosive with squats, and OHP
-box jumps for being explosive again
-get a coach to at least learn the movements, and weightlifting shoes (maybe adipowers)

I'll probably do everything except get a coach for now ;)

Best front squat 130kg, best clean 115kg, best C&J also 115kg. My legs are really holding me back, but my coach doesn't want to focus on strength yet. He wants me to solve my problems with technique corrections rather than just adding raw strength to compensate. And yeah it's working pretty good (i snatch 100kg also)

Still a beginner who has done oly for just 9 months

Who?

hey user, how did you go about starting oly lifting?

I once read on /owg/ that you should clean your FS 3RM on you average day, your 2RM on a good day and your 1RM on an exceptional day.

Good thread
Does owg have Discord or other circle jerk like plg?

There's wechat but I think that's the sort of thing that killed /owg/. Discords are cancer too.

>autistic Panzerjäger
>failed powerlifter
>now into oly

you can't make this shit up

You are either dyel or a manlet
Either way you are inferior to me

Called a coach and went to a session the next day.

Bump

dont fuck the bar, it's more like pulling up your pants