Ultimate MEAL

- 7 of your 5 a day
- 400 calories
- will cost under £1 a serving
- has enough natural nitrates to be considered a full pre-workout supplement (like beet juice).
- frankly insane profile of vitamins and minerals - you should NOT take multivitamins with this.
- delicious buttery taste with LOTs of spice and flavour.
- Only requires you to shop once every 6 months
- 4 minutes of prep time (but you can cut it down to 2), 20 minutes of cooking time, and you make more than one at once.
- Actually tastes better after one day in fridge after cooking
- May be able to cook 4 or more at once.

All ingredients are bought in bulk and frozen (quick frozen). They keep all their nutrition this way. Only way nutrients will be lost is through pressure cooking; though the lower temp of pressure cookers helps, and cooking increases bioavailability of some nutrients.

I call it SuperSaag.

In this thread I will be posting price research / storage research / nutrition research.

This will be an original research MEGATHREAD so if you are interested then give us a bump and your critique / questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

myheartbeets.com/instant-pot-saag-pressure-cooker/
silverhydra.com/2011/09/the-double-pepper-curry-bomb-a-supplement-stack-in-your-spice-rack/
ergo-log.com/anabolicgarlic.html
scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0101-20612014000300028
ergo-log.com/turmeric.html
ergo-log.com/curcumin-boosts-testosterone-level.html
ergo-log.com/turmericglucose.html
ss.fitness/#essential-foods
4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Cookbook
imgur.com/a/5nbmA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are 4 main types of leafy greens.

You should aim to at least one of each within your 6 types.

The hardest to come by are the edible green leaves like "dandelion leaves". Its easy to find them in your garden but not supermarkets.

I will be buying these frozen in bulk from suppliers though - they do sell them. Price lists from one supplier in my next post.

BTW you need to look like a company when contacting suppliers. I used my dad's company name and contact details. Contact any friends / family members that own a company (any type at all is fine) and ask them for permission.

BULK FROZEN FRUIT PRICES.

These are OK. I've seen cheaper. One company has frozen strawberries for half the price. But everything else seems standard price.

I will be ordering frozen blueberries, raspberries and strawberries as well as my Saag ingredients. I add these frozen to my protein shake to get the sugar post workout. They make up 3 portions of fruit very easily because they are so nutrient dense.

Only put two portions in your protein shake though - standard guideline is you arent allowed to drink more than 2 potions of fruit or veg a day.

If you do that with your protein shakes then you are now up to the holy 10 portions of fruit and veg a day (3 fruit and 7 veg being best balance).

You can make all your other calories sweet potatoes, chicken, oils, tuna, steak. The kind of shit that you see the teenagers on here eating while going months without any fruit or veg

>ground spices expire in 6 months
>in the fridge

BULK FROZEN VEG PRICES PAGE 1

BTW this is what SuperSaag is based on. This is very highly rated this recipe. Look at the reviews and comments people are leaving her.

myheartbeets.com/instant-pot-saag-pressure-cooker/

Did I mention that this is paleo compliant yet?

You can use grass-fed ghee if you have the money for it. Its like £10 for 400ml or something on amazon. Too much for me.

BULK FROZEN VEG PAGE 2

BULK FROZEN VEG PRICES PAGE 3

BULK FROZEN HERB (LEAFS) PAGE 1

BULK FROZEN HERB PAGE 2

BULK FROZEN "INGREDIENTS" PAGE 1

BULK FROZEN "INGREDIENTS" PAGE 2

After being ground up, yes.

Its not just flavour that is important to us. The bioactivity and bioavailability of all the ingredients is being optimised.

Curcumin especially is basically a superfood.

It also has an incredible synergistic effect with Red pepper extract and Black pepper extract.

See: silverhydra.com/2011/09/the-double-pepper-curry-bomb-a-supplement-stack-in-your-spice-rack/

But it has to be fresh to do this. And spices can taste fresh without being fresh.

I'm going to paste my post about Garlic in my next post which will also add to this point.

Basically cooking with garlic kills its superfood benefits but it great for flavour.

In SuperSaag we will cook with garlic for the flavour but add fresh garlic on top at the end to get the Allicin.

I just did a fuckton of research on garlic today. THIS IS THE ULTIMATE GARLIC REDPILL SO SCREENCAP AND SAVE.

Garlic NEARLY TRIPLES testosterone in rats but ONLY when they had 40% of their calories a day from protein. If it was 10% they saw no gain and 25% was nearly double gain.

ergo-log.com/anabolicgarlic.html

Garlic's main active ingredient is allicin. Allicin is VERY unstable. To get it you MUST CRUSH the garlic. THEN let it sit in the air for 10 minutes. THEN eat it FAST as it has a half life of 2.5minutes!

If you cook with it then you KILL 99% of that allicin.

But there is an ingenious hack around all of this I discovered today.

You can buy a huge tub (1kg) of chopped garlic in CITRIC ACID (IT MUST MUST MUST BE CITRIC ACID) and keep that in your fridge. Buy it from COSTCO. Then scoop out some and put it on top of your meals just before serving.

scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0101-20612014000300028

> The amount of allicin lost during the process to obtain paste for the different varieties was less than 9.5%, and it reached a maximum loss of 22% for the commercial varieties during storage (180 days). All fried garlic samples showed a decrease by 99% in the content of allicin right after processing. The processing of garlic in the form of acidified paste preserved its bioactive characteristics during storage.

CONCLUSION: buy 1kg of chopped garlic in CITRIC ACID (NOT OIL), keep in fridge, put it on your meal AFTER COOKING and you will get 80-90% of the allicin without any of the work or stress of processing it and timing its contact with the air.

180 days was the point when garlic still had 80% of its allicin. So yes you could wait another 3 months I guess. But a year is pushing it probably.

You want your cumin and tumeric FRESH to get these big joocy benefits:

ergo-log.com/turmeric.html

- increase brain growth hormones by 50%
- anti-catabolic!
- reduce post strength training muscle damage
- nearly TRIPLED testosterone levels in rats! ergo-log.com/curcumin-boosts-testosterone-level.html
- deactivates free radicals in testes
- DOUBLES glucose uptake in muscles ergo-log.com/turmericglucose.html
- anti-estrogen
- anabolic

You MUST have black pepper with it because:
> "Another method to increase the bioavailability of curcumin is to add piperine, found in black pepper, which increases the uptake of curcumin by 2000 per cent in humans."

Fortunately the recipe has this ;).

Also:

> "Curcumin is the first example of a pharmacological agent with a potent effect on stimulating muscle regeneration after trauma", the researchers conclude. "Enhanced repair of muscle would be beneficial not only in muscle trauma but also in reconstructive surgery and sports-related injuries."

> "- as effective anti-depressant as prozac"

> 2 unique posters

>14 ingredients

Nigger I am a neet who relies on my parents to shop for groceries. How the fuck am I supposed to cook this shit?

i remember when Veeky Forums used to have infographics about recipes and shit. now its just threads about height, tinder and brapposting.

I'm posting a shit load of nutrition redpills and a solid strategy here and all I am getting is these snarky greentext one line replies.

clearly this is a waste of my fucking time, so I'm now moving to a diff forum

why in the hell would anyone use
>Ghee

thats absolutely disgusting

do your reading. ghee is a healthy oil. it also lasts forever and takes no fridge space. tastes much richer than butter. buy it in bulk.

ss.fitness/#essential-foods

its 5th on the list after olive/cocunut/avacado oils which are all god tier.

If you are cooking with olive oil then thats unhealthy.

avocado oil and ghee are basically the only oils you can cook at high temperatures with. all the rest are unhealthy. And avocado oil is much much more expensive. and wont go well with this dish

What the fuck do you want me to say? Get a fucking job, get a fucking life and get your fucking shit together? Does that solve your fucking problem?

isnt ghee clarified butter?

> shilling yourself as hard as possible
> getting buttblasted and leaving

and nothing of value was lost

Looks like shit. Horrible macros, why would anyone eat this cancer when they could have any other meal with 10x better macros and tastes better, unless theyre shit skinned

Yes.

You can also get vegetable ghee. Avoid that stuff.

If you can buy Organic Grass-fed Ghee then do as it is also a GOD-TIER cooking oil. Very rich in omega 3 compared to omega 6. But its extremely expensive.

And be careful buying grass fed ghee or butter. Its unregulated. They can feed a cow grass all its life then load it with grain the last 2 months and sell it as "grass fed". But those 2 months of grain KILL all the nutritional benefit - all the omega 3 goes and you get omega 6 everywhere

Personally i opt for organic avocado oil for high temp cooking usually

WTF does "shilling myself" even mean you fucking retard

There is more quality info posted by me in this thread that the entire rest of Veeky Forums right now, so go ahead and teach me about value

because its only 400 calories so it shouldnt put a dent in your macros you retard. drink a load of peanut butter and whey shakes afterwards its not rocket surgery

No body wants to buy your shitty meal replacement

its a recipe for an indian dish moron. its a meal or side dish. do you see me asking for money anywhere? just fuck off

I for one enjoy this thread. Probably not gonna make the saag too often but the research is fun to read along, and has minor uses for my own nutrition.

tyvm

I've changed it from buying 10kg frozen portions of quite hard to find leafy greens into 1kg bags of more common stuff.

Just as nutritious. Nutrition data coming soon.

It costs £1.12 to get these 7 vegetables in one meals. Get them frozen from supermarkets. I need to test the flavour and spices now.

THanks bro, I'll just stick with bacon and eggs though

Version 2 is here

I find this fascinating, thank you for posting.
Need to find somewhere to bulk buy in the UK.

thanks very much. Bulk suppliers were not great. It turns out I found it best just to buy 1kg frozen bags of each thing from Tesco.

Look at the rightmost column in the cost spreadsheet in this new image to see where I sourced the ingredients (UK).

Here is how to get 10 portions of fruit and veg for £1.72. Also low calories. Just add the berries to your protein shake or breakfast or yoghurt

Awesome thank you, I generally avoided frozen stuff all together but in hindsight i do miss out on greens, berries and spices in my diet.
And what you displayed about garlic and testosterone blew my mind.

Good thread

Frozen veggies are as good as fresh nutritionally.

TYVM. Here is the fourth and final version of the image (for now, until I've tried various combinations myself to see what works best).

I think I'd have to spend all my food stamps to make this. But It's tempting. Why are other countries so much better at food than us burgers. Feels bad

Hell yeah dog, really activates my garlic

not from the uk and apart from overpriced pharmacy places,they don't really sell garlic in citric acid anywhere near me so my question is how do i prepare it at home,is there anything i have to look out for to get above benefits?

Are you sure you don't have 'minced garlic' in jars? check the ingredients, most of them have citric acid as a preservative

oh i didnt check actually i will check tomorrow,also where do you guys get fresh tumeric from? or will powder do just fine?

Just posting to say I appreciate this thread user, we should have more nutrition threads, this is a fitness board after all.

Also are there any non-animal product replacements for ghee? Would something like coconut oil/butter work?

Thank you. The best are:

- extra virgin olive oil is best for putting on salads

- (not extra virgin) olive oil or extra virgin (or organic) coconut oil for low temp cooking

- (organic) coconut oil for medium temp cooking

- avocado oil for high temp cooking

^ Those are all god tier but also expensive.

You also can use these:

- Palm Oil
- Walnut Oil
- Flax Oil

The important thing is you never exceed the "smoke point" of an oil when cooking it. Extra Virgin Olive Oil has very low smoke point. If you fry with it then it makes the oil rancid. Not only do you waste good oil but you make it unhealthy.

The other important thing is you dont load up on loads of Omega 6. You need to get a 1:1 ratio of Omega 3 : Omega 6 fats in your diet (or at least 1:3). Many westerners have 50x the Omega 6. Its really important for heart health and brain health.

There was a guy on Veeky Forums a few couple days ago who was getting nearly all his fat from pumpkin seeds he put in his mass gainer shakes. Terrible idea. He would have had to have had 14 cod liver oil capsules with it just to get a neutral ratio of omega 3 and omega 6.

If ever you forget the best oils and foods then be sure to go to this amazing resource. ss.fitness/#essential-foods

It turns out that Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil isnt terrible value.

You can get 1kg off amazon UK for £12 with free delivery.

Compare that to buying standard butter from Tesco which is about £5 for a kg.

Its a bit over double the cost, but 1kg will last a long time.

BTW butter and margarine are different. Margarine is pretty bad for you. Butter is OK

I eat at McDonalds every day

I was bored so I made a page on the Veeky Forums wiki for recpies, I added OP's, maybe we can start a collection of them from other anons

4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Cookbook

Good idea man. And thanks.

Here is an album of 87 from a while back:

imgur.com/a/5nbmA

>2417mg sodium in 1 serving/406kcal

yeah you're not gonna make it

Version 4 is just 6% of your RDA of salt.

I'm going to be testing the salt and flavour to find the right balance.

Saag is supposed to be a saltyish sidedish to have with some chicken and rice. Amount of salt to use depends on whether it will be preworkout, sidedish or breakfast