Bones

Here's Marco Pietrowski the bodybuilder who became quadriplegic as a result of a car accident and lost most of his muscle mass. How come his skeleton seems so tiny, do bones shrink when you're inactive?

>quadriplegic
>flexing his arms

pick 1 OP

> do bones shrink
Yes.

Because most of your frame comes from muscle, user. Are you retarded?

Still more aesthetic than most people here. He has a gf too.

holy fuck this guy used to be my hero/goal body.... wtf mind blown

paraplegic

you got me - he's just a standard cripple

gf abandoned him long ago bra

This is what happens when you stop working out and hop off roids at the same time.

>lose future
>lose dignity
>lose hard work
>lose gf

Fuck.

Poor dude. That's just horrible.

Puts my own heartbreak into perspective - I still have a future to invest in. He does too, but... you know. Poor dude.

you mean parapelegic.lets think about this, what does "quad" mean?

>bodybuilder
>dignity
Pick one

>Edgy neet
>You
Pick both

Wrong

Real question : Could you still train and make gains while paraplegic?

He's got a new and hotter one now.

when you're paralyzed from the waist down, that's called paraplegic

You could do upper body stuff.
There's a guy in a wheelchair who sometimes comes to my gym and does curls and pull-ups. Not sure if he's paraplegic or just crippled but his arms are decently big.
If you have the abiility to get in and out of the wheelchair I don't see why you couldn't do bench and other upper body stuff as well.

I've seen plenty of people (on the interwebz) who still work out even though they're paraplegic. This dude is my hero for not going an hero. I would, to be extremely honest.

>do bones shrink when you're inactive

yes. bone resorption and ossification are bone are constantly happening in your body. as with muscle depending on the external stimuli (or lack thereof) total bone mass will change over time.

FYI extended bed rest and weightlessness provoke relatively more rapid bone mass loss.

also bone mass is lost naturally with older age, moderate amounts of weight-bearing physical activity have been shown to help minimise the impact of ageing on bone mass loss.

Glad to see he's still around, I remember he was seriously depressed

Wow, that's fucking horrible that someone would play a prank on a cripple guy by dressing him like that