I hate having to go all the way to the gym 3 times a week just to get a workout, and its expensive as fuck too

I hate having to go all the way to the gym 3 times a week just to get a workout, and its expensive as fuck too

If i just buy some adjustable dumbbells, can i get a good workout just from that? I mean there are exersices for every muscle group with dumbbells right, so wouldnt that be fine?

Other urls found in this thread:

ivankobarbell.com/press/how_to_break_an_olympic_bar.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes but you might plateau and run out of weight. For example I was looking at the Bowflex adjustable dumbbells, and it goes up to 23.5 kg per dumbbell. I can press 15 kg now, and if I continue training properly, I should be able to press 23.5 kg in like half a year or something.

Also you can't do compound movements like squats or deadlifts on dumbbells.

But I think it's definitely possible. I have considered that before, but I figured if I was to just build a home gym, I would just get a small squat rack and a barbell set.

you can exercise everything with a pair of dumbbells and a horizontal bar

you can get a good workout with little equipment
you need exercises that require less weight to be strenuous so you don't plateau too soon, and do a shit ton of volume because the work you'll be doing will probably still be submaximal

My home gym has dumbbell, kettlebels and pull up bar, more than enough for me.

most important is a good barbell.

> In the late 60’s in Russia, a Russian Olympic lifter was attempting a “personal best” in the clean and jerk. For those of you who aren’t
familiar with this lift, it requires lightning speed and technique. When a clean is done correctly it involves the coordination and explosive contraction of almost all major muscle groups.

>During the clean, the bar is held close to the body. In this case the Russian lifter pulled the bar about chest level when it suddenly snapped in the center. It was a jagged break. Because of the speed and mass involved, the lifter could not stop the momentum of the sharp jagged end
of the bar.
>It drove through his Adam‚s
apple, severing several major arteries
along the way before it finally impaled
his upper sinus cavity.
>Because of the
profuse bleeding, he died almost
immediately, probably never knowing
exactly what happened to him.
Obviously, this is not your typical
everyday experience. But things like this
have happened and they could happen
again

ivankobarbell.com/press/how_to_break_an_olympic_bar.pdf

Scour craigslist for deals and build a home gym. I acquired all of the following for under $500, but it took a lot of sleuthing and being ready to jump on a deal at a moments notice:

>half rack
>7 ft barbell
>400lbs in plates
>parabody adjustable FID bench with leg extension attachment
>ez bar
>rubber floormats

I can do just abiut any lift in my garage now for the rest of my life without ever paying another cent to anyone, and i will never share equipment with a filthy sweaty pajeet ever again.

Fuck your dumbbells. Buy a gym.

You won't get strong or jacked but you can get pretty boy ottermode if you have a bench and dumbbells at home.

Here's my routine, all done with dumbbells:

>A
Bench Press 3x10
Front / Lateral Raise 3x10
Bicep Curl 3x10

>B
Goblet Squat 3x10
One-Arm Row 3x10
Hammer Curl 3x10

>1-minute rest
>ABABABx

Why arent you doing OHP and stiff leg DL you twink faggot

This story is literally what got me to buy a real bar and ditch my cheap Dick's bar.

This. I made my home gym for about 600 bucks including:

Squat rack with lat pulldown and another adjustable pulley
Adjustable bench with extension for leg curls and preacher curls
Olympic power bar 7ft
250lbs of plates
adjustable dumbells
rubber floor mats - The best place for these are farm supply stores, ask them for "stall mats". They are used in horse stalls, but are 3/4"inches thick and they protect your floors. These are WAYYYY cheaper than "muh home gym mats" that sell for like $200, and those foam puzzle pieces are horseshit

Because I only do exercises I enjoy.

>stall mats
>calls the other one horse shit

I see what you did there, even if you didn't mean it

add chin ups you heeb

Enjoy not making it, which literally requires doing the lifts you don't like

What a fucking faggot. Have fun going through life doing only things you enjoy and avoiding the other 90% of existence.

OP is scared.
If you are too afraid to go to the gym you'll never be a sick cunt brah.
I went through the same anxiety.
Jump in the water.

I do arms, and shoulders at home with dumbbells, and back, chest, and legs at the gym.

quint quints?

Thanks bro.

If you have like 100sq ft of free space just buy some actual equipment

>cheap bench: $60
>door frame pullup bar: $15
>bar and weights: $150-250 depending on number of weights

Literally the same or cheaper than a set of adjustable dumbbells. If you went a little higher you could have a better bench and a freestanding pullup/dip station.

I live on the top floor of an apt. I can't be dropping barbells on the floor.

Get a new apartment or go to the gym, you aren't going to make it with a pair of fucking dumbbells you dumbbell

I have an ocean view and live next to the bars and sloots. Ive made it.

can someone recommend me some good adjustable dumbells? are "olympic" dumbells feasible or does having full size olympic plates on dumbbells fuck with the movements

Gym was costing me $135 a month so I spent $800 for a squat rack, bar, weights, and bench. Saving money in the long run. Only down side is I don't have an Olympic size pool :(

Wow any more?

where do you live m8?
i walk 15 mins to the gym but mostly take the bus since the bus is for free as student and takes me right to the gym
also its 20€ / month

would buy a rack, bench and bar and plates if i had space for it tho. i hate the gym because its loud and crowded. i like to work out in total silence

that routine literally takes 10 minutes a day what the fuck
you can do better

>~20 lb increase in half a year
unless you're a girl, you should be getting there in at most 2 months boyo

>that volume
>a rest day
kek, come on man
post body so we can see what this magnificent routine produces

5x5 of truth

W-Why would you be dropping barbells on the floor? The bench and the squat requires you mounting the barbell back on the rack.

Unless you are talking about the deadlift, for that you can just buy tatami mats and place the barbell on it.

>3x10

You don't even need dumbbells, just do bodyweight exercises.