Is there a secret to which brand I should buy?

Is there a secret to which brand I should buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

1.droppdf.com/files/aPynG/testosterone-boosting-and-enhancement.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, none of them. Eat actual food instead.

Eating real food is for pussies who absolutely have to eat like pampered faggots

You will never make it if you don't down a shake or two a day, you need to dehumanize yourself in order to achieve success, otherwise you're a dyel

I had Olimp, now buying Optimum Nutrition 'cuz I heard it's better, we'll see

dont fall for the other brands meme

Optimum Nutrition, double chocolate, every time.

Ive tried target brand, optimum nutrition cookies and cream, jarrow unflavored (garbage taste obviously).

Just get chocolate so u dont want to kill urself and ur family.

I like to do the following: get a big bag of ON double chocolate and then order small 2.2 lb bags of different flavors from myprotein to mix with it. 1 scoop chocolate + 1 scoop banana is pretty good

What do you guys think of pic related? I get strawberry or chocolate and its pretty fucking tasty plus it has 0 or 1 g of fat and no carbs

I've heard the red velvet one is pretty good, but typically yeah, Double Chocolate is ideal.

any whey isolate without sucralose.

splenda/sucralose is literal poison. if youre eating it, your liver has to filter it out because it turns into chlorine in your body.

it kills your natural gut flora, which manages your digestion and can influence your mental state.

I personally only eat unflavored whey. three scoops a day, no extra bullshit.

jay robbs egg protein tasted awesome and goes down easy but it costs a lot

probably isopure or something similar is ideal

Not OP, but is CVS whey any good? Have an employee discount so it's significantly cheaper than any other kind available to me.

This is the most retarded shit I've heard on here all week. Do you even read words?

Yeah, sucralose is poison if you're shoveling literal pounds of the stuff into your face. Getting less than 5g (95% of isolate proteins and standard whey) is harmless - and I don't mean harmless as in you might notice something 20 years from now - you literally will not experience any negative effects ever. The amount of ethanol alcohol in a single beer is easily much much more harmful than sucralose.

Stop being such a gigantic uneducated faggot.

OP, to answer your question, most protein brands are the same in terms of quality. Don't pick by brand, pick by what fits your budget and what flavours you like;

>isolate
Usually most expensive option, but lowest calories, and contains highest quality microfiltered isolate protein

>"whey" or standard whey variations
Usually the cheapest because they're a mixture of isolate, hydrosolate, and concentrate. "Lower quality" proteins (not really) but usually have the best flavours.

>mass gainer
Price fluctuates depending on what they've added to the scoop, some have creatine added and some have vitamins and minerals. Usually getting ~60g of protein and ~1000Cal. Some mass gainers have a lot of carbs in them so keep an eye out.

Go to bb.com and pick a sale protein. You can't really go wrong. The difference between brands is negligible and you won't really notice it on your body unless one makes you shit a chocolate fountain and one doesn't.

M Y P R O T E I N
Y
P
R
O
T
E
I
N

Fuck off you sucralose peddling shill. How much are they paying you to spread their lies?? Cunts like you deserve a kick in the cunt.

Also, only faggots care about "nice flavours". Real men drink unflavoured, unsweetened shakes whilst power sliding a Ferrari and getting blow jobs from Victoria's Secret models.

This is the correct answer. Chocolate Browie flavour is best flavour.

>you literally will not experience any negative effects ever
o wow you heard it here first guys

Numerous studies says otherwise. Or you can post your pubmed study that says its dangerous

any MyProtein flavours that arent awful

I just buy fucking six star whey isolate. The French vanilla is fucking delicious and it's dirt cheap.

N=1 study here. Sucralose gives me migraine so I avoid it like the plague. It's a weird new chemical that's only recently been invented. Why not just stick to the stuff that humans have been eating for millennia?

Its 2017 and you're arguing that chlorinated sugar isn't a big deal.

>sucralose is poison
>you shouldn't worry about eating poison
>"you won't experience any harmful effects ever"

Acne, depression, inhibition of immune function due to microflora death, liver toxicity, etc.

You'll never know how many grams of sucralose you're exposed to as they don't have to list the amount as its a no-calorie additive.

Ethanol alcohol is terrible for you as well, but humans have been drinking alcohol for thousands of years and have adapted genetically to its toxicity. It's been "tested" by literal generations of people to be benign for the most part.

Sucralose is a human created, artificial sweetener that has only been around for less than 50 years. If you want to eat "food" that is in the same category as trans fats, go ahead.

Don't try and convince people that these chemicals are "safe". At BEST they may cause small side effects. But there's no reason to eat it, and the unknown side-effects could possibly be drastic. All risk, no reward. Seems like an easy choice. Stick with natural ingredients, not man-made bullshit.

TLDR: Fuck Aspartame, Trans Fats and Sucralose you corporate shill.

Yeah because they didnt test it on lab rats. Wew, how dense people can get

Its been well studied tho. You literally have to take loads of the stuff to get the negative effects. Its like you dont practice moderation, too much sugar or vit c too can poison you. Even fucking water can get you overdosed.

>"Well Studied"

Perhaps on rats. But I can't find a double blind placebo controlled human consumption study that is sufficient to convince me that there aren't any latent side effects. Especially in the long-term.

But that's not the problem. The issue is that there is NO reason you should ever eat zero-cal sweeteners.

In part, what's to blame is America's indulgence "culture", and the idea that food has to taste "good". You can't possibly consume a protein drink that doesn't taste like a milkshake because "It's gross" or some other pussy excuse.

If you want something sweet, man up and eat it. Have a milkshake, some gummy bears or some fruit. I don't give a fuck. There's room for junk food in most diets if you want to be honest with yourself.

It's the same rationalization as a hamplanet ordering a Diet soda with his McDonalds. It's a pathetic attempt to maximize dopamine "pleasure" without having to "pay" for it by actually eating nutritive substances.

Again, you can eat your man-made untested garbage if you want. Especially if you're too weak-willed to stick to a "diet" and can't live without constantly ingesting foods that trick your brain into thinking it's eating sugar.

But you're lying to yourself and others if you attempt to argue that these substances are worth the risk-- both of proven side effects and the even more worrisome unknown effects.

Those monthly 11lbs Protein bags discounts by 50%

/thread

Don't buy any flavored whey. Buy unflavored and mix it in with diet soda and water/milk

That way you can never be bored, like if you would with double rich chocolate

just get any whey protein. they're all the same

Is vanilla ice cream good? chocolate gives me headaches :^)

>diet soda
enjoy your strokes and Alzheimer's

Are you guys all dead now? Since you obviously consumed aspartame at some point before your neanderthal brains "read a study" and decided it was bad for you.

Read the fucking papers faggots. Let me explain.

>feed some rats 1mg sucralose/day all the way up to+150mg/day for some other rats
>95% of the rats are fine except the ones eating +10% of their body weight in sucralose
>faggot journalist reads study
>ignores all the relevant data
>picks out only the rats that died
>HEADLINE SUCRALOSE WILL KILL YOU
>not realising that you'd have to be eating 10-20lbs of the stuff daily to fucking die
>literally the dose makes the poison and the human liver is incredible at getting rid of garbage
>you come in
>read the study
>parrot this shit back to other idiots
>suddenly the earth is flat and sucralose is ricin
>mfw

Put your lips on a tailpipe faggot. Bet you don't eat farmed fish because of mercury.

>you don't know how many grams of sucralose you're exposed to!
How will I ever survive, I might as well kill myself if I can't survive ingesting a few disaccharides.

Are you all retarded? As long as the magic powder doesnt have an absurdely small amount of protein per 100g, buy the cheapest one you can get. Myprotein is the cheapest I could find and works as good as gold's. No need to overpay 3x just because you saw Jay using it.

Chlorine is important for balancing blood pH.

If I wanted to live a long time, I would be doing cardio

I buy whatever popular brand is cheapest when I need a refill.

I like to put ny protein in this when bulking.

> artificial sugar

Enjoy your cancer. This

Double chocolate is shit. Extreme Milk chocolate all day.

MyProtein when it's on sale for the cheapest protons. I've tried On before though, expensive, but man it is really nice.

No such study that says taking moderate amount of art. sweetener that can cause cancer. You have to take astronomical amounts of it to get cancer

You guys are fucking retarded, even vitamins can get you poisoned with enough amount. Kys

>1 banana
>1 spoonful peanut butter
>1 cup milk
>2 scoops, chocolate
>2/3 glass of ice

Tastes just like a chocolate milkshake. I leave out the banana and/or peanut butter if I want to cut calories.

What do you guys put in yours?

you can use powdered peanut butter instead if you want to add some more protein + taste for less calories than regular peanut butter

Well damn I didn't even know that powdered peanut butter exists.

But usually I leave the peanut butter out anyways, the shake is still delicious without it.

Actually it's Cinnamon Roll cunt

>Amino spiked shit protein

this

wait for promotional sales and the buy that shit, usually 50% off 11lb sales

Just bought 11lbs of isolate for $80

its not bad but they have a shit ton of sales by the week. last time i bought from then i spent 80$ for (2) 11lb brahtein+ (2) 2.2lb BCAAs

im tripping nvm, it was 80$ for 1 of each, i got 2 orders of that same thing

but the 11lb bags go down to 50-60$ frequently

went to the website and this was the banner,

cancel your order and reorder 2x11lb brah

Disgusting faggot.

Strawberry cream or just fucking eat raw chicken and eggs.

this

strawberry cream 8/10 > smooth chocolate 7.8/10> banana 6/10

I wanted to try chocolate banana but they never stock that

best place to buy from for aussies?

Make sure it's not loaded with fillers, and make sure it tastes good. The shake won't be of any use if you don't like it yourself. They're there to help when food is absent, but not to replace.

Keep it simple :)

Serious mass

Optimum Nutrition

The only brand that I can just put in my shaker bottle without that gay spring ball and it will mix as if I blended it.

Plus it has BCAAs so cant go wrong.

Based. Thanks for typing this out.

btw the best way to sweeten your protein shake is to blend in frozen berries. Buy them in bulk flash frozen.

MyProtein is best. Google some tests.

If you want to use a referral code for discount: MARCO-R6TJ

Can anyone tell me if ZMA is a meme lads? Considering it instead of just zinc.

I'm using just zinc. Check examine.

Google amino spiked protein

>If you want to use a referral code for discount: MARCO-R6TJ
How much is that discount? I know by us using it you are working up discount points for your own account but what about the rest of us?

i put ny protein in you're mom

Can you tell her to come home? We miss her dearly.

>hurr durr my protein powder has more little proteins in it
BCAA = protein.

That's like saying my Optimum Nutrition has cheese byproduct in it - and also whey.

Fag detected.

>buy frozen berries
Sucralose < pesticides.

its one of the few legit supplements alongside Vitamin D3 and Creatine.

here is the examine supplement guide 1.droppdf.com/files/aPynG/testosterone-boosting-and-enhancement.pdf

> Frozen blueberries have less than half of the insecticides present on fresh berries, reports Dr. Walter Crinnion

I guess your advice is to avoid all fruit and veg together and use artificial sweeteners for your nutrients instead? kek

can anyone recommend a protein powder that has around 20g protein per 100 calories? closest i've found are the muscle milk premade shakes, but they're too expensive to buy in bulk.

Had a look at that site, seems pretty good and cheap. What should I get? Just getting into lifting properly now, figured whey, creatine, a shaker, and some measuring scoop things would be fine.

Am I missing anything?

How do they work?

I don't see how whey isn't food? Natural sources? m8 whey is a byproduct of producing cheese.

Get a brand that is reputable and you are good.

I drink premier protein that I get from Sam's Club for 17$ for 12 pre made in separate containers. 130cals 30g protein they also taste good

MyProteins Impact Whey is 100 calories and 20 grams of protein per scoop.

A lot of cheap proteins contain soy senpai I ain't about the estrogen type chit

Mutant Mass is a good and simple weight gainer

only sane person in this argument

What's the cheapest brand that won't upset my stomach?