>tfw scared to deadlift

I can not completely keep my back straight on a deadlift. It isn't scaredy cat-tier, but something like pic related. Am I going to snap city?

I've deadlifted 335, but now I don't go past 285

video your sets

if there's no movement in your back (flexion during the lift) then a little bit of roundness probably won't kill you.

Bar is too far in front, needs to be over the centre of your foot.

Hips are too low, need to be higher.

your lats are not engaged. They need to be tight to hold the weight. Squeeze your chest forward, squeeze your lats and spinal erectors. Pull.

Just practice keeping your back straight with lighter weights until you get it. Read up on proper form, the bar should be above your shoelaces, your shins should be almost touching the bar, your lower back should be extended, your shoulders should be in front of the bar, your back should be at a 45 degree angle

Blaha plz stahp

Roman Deadlifts to get comfy, then progress to normals

Work on your hip flexibility. In the the mean time try deadlifting off of a block. A small plate will do if if it's not that bad.

Your posterior chain mobility sucks, work on it.

Work on a tight starting position.

Work on lat engagement during your pull.

>2017.something
>can't post a youtube video
What are you 52?

Isn't that Blaha?

I have lifted seriously for 15 years, pretty hardcore bod etc, and I never dead lift. A lot of old school guys don't either. It's massively over hyped by newbies, cross fitter scum etc. Some Olympia winners don't dead lift.
I don't think it builds shit.
If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. Hack squat is good, you get some benefit without the potential back harm

you can fuck your back up barbell hack squatting too it just takes a bit more. i've definitely had some nasty low back pain from it tho

Do what this guy says. You need to learn to what it feels like to hinge your hip and properly stretch/load your hamstrings. If you maintain this hinge and lock your torso into extension using your lats as mentioned you\ll be pulled into a neutral back angle, and then you strengthen/load this pattern.
You dont have to deadlift but for simultaneous trap, glute, ham, grip/forearm development its pretty damn good bang for your buck. You never pulled from blocks or did any deadlift variations in 15 years of "lifting seriously"?

Yep. I actually had a minor mid-back injury from it once, probably from rounding my back

>Some Olympia winners don't dead lift
Some olympia winners don't squat, some olympia winners don't bench, most olympia winners don't OHP.

I believe only the limiting muscle group is what is worked enough to force adaption, especially if you also isolate the secondary muscles such as traps in other exercises, so the "bang for your buck" factor is over exaggerated

I admit thats a good point, OHP is a bit shit on the low back too if you're trying to squeeze in that last rep

are deadlifts even needed? is there any muscle that you cant effectively train if you dont deadlift

Nothing hits the sphincter like heavy dead lifts

try sumo

There's a difference between a flat back on the deadlift and a neutral spine. You can keep your spine neutral and it'll still have a very slight curve in it, and it'll still be as safe as a flat back.