/plg/

Project mementum edition.

Group 1
docs.google.com/document/d/1S1-pJZAdCkdDUk5-VZU7y_Tn98fVNW2384x-PauBRrw/edit?usp=sharing

Group 2
docs.google.com/document/d/1hirQtc1NpF84ElnW2UeOjcNvYCZzNVU_cE7oZlOzjVk/edit?usp=sharing

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed. Supermong pls go.

Remember OHP is not IPF approved, and long femurs are the underactive thyroid of lifting

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39668889
drive.google.com/file/d/1_cDSaV-6wV10Dj0N9QATWGCLyAA752nbZA/view?usp=drivesdk
instagram.com/p/BPOc0PBlUXu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for GDEs need to try and progress slowly

Mike and kelly approve of this thread

Tiredbrit signing out

Singing in.

Slept a total of 7 hours over the past 48
41 hours of being awake. Not even tired.

Mentally that is. Physically I am destroyed.

You need to get away from screens to let your brain calm down

I do mostly but yeah you're not wrong

When doing deficit deads should they be heasy or lighter?

I do heavy for more carry over to breaking the floor on a big deadlifts. Does this make sense?

night lad. keep us safe from the americlaps

so what's the actual differences between doing 3x4 and 6x2? it's the same total volume but wouldn't the 3x4 be more difficult or is that not true? with 6x2 you have the opportunity for more rest.

It's not really well known. In the literature there is a lot of consensus on 2-3 reps developing strength and 8-10 for hypertrophy.

So when you put it to people, what would be better for bodybuilding 3x10 or 3x5 they will always say 3x10.

Then if you ask what is better, 3x10 or 6x5? There is basically no consensus. My experience is that 6x5 is superior in every way, and more difficult I would argue.

>more rest

You could have 5 minute breaks between the 3x10 and 1 minute breaks between the 6x5 so not necessarily.

The 6x2 can be done with more weight

There may be benefits to the more time under stress from the longer sets but I'm no expert

I claim this thread for FREEDOM

>you will never compete for your country again

Feels bad man

holy shit tBh

this one might take the cake for most boring workout ever.

what did you guys train today

I rested so hard today. Gonna rest even harder tomorrow

sup lads

You know what I did bby ;)

How is that knife ban coming along? ;^)

Its far too late for them to ban guns now even if they wanted to

Even our troops aren't allowed guns

i was going to do 3x4 but wasnt confident with it so i tried 6x2. i was right though, on the last set i had to lower the weight.
maybe i cheated then

how much of this is because of our massive population though ? not saying it isn't a problem

PSA the places with the most gun violence in the US have the most gun control.
TLDR
Gun control doesnr work commie

That's because it's too late and there has been too much gun access. The laws don't work on a broken foundation.

Our latest terrorist attack involved a knife...

Do u ever just lurk Instagram for lifts e.g. Tom Martin and get a little depressed when he front squats like 200kg faster than you can even stand up?

don't you have a television permit to renew?

Luckily I can watch my television today knowing that 0% of the energy required to run it was from fossil fuels

google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39668889

Catch up, americucks.

>hurrr fossil fuels are le ebil

hm, cause your political powers said so right?

typical fluoride gargling brainwashed Americuck

Please keep shitposting to a minimum, cunt.

No its because gun control doesnt work. When the dumbass aussies bought back all their guns, the violent crime rate didnt change. Stay cucked euro trash

Hey im not a powerlifter since I've never competed but I do train on a strength program and have for years. My question is do you guys do any conditioning? And if so is this an acceptable routine?
Day 1 am sprints pm military press(heavy) bench, shoulder accessories
Day 2 am prowler battle ropes pm deadlift(heavy) squats posterior accessories
Day 3 am sprint
Pm Bench(heavy) military press, chest accessories
Day 4 am prowler, weighted bear crawls
Pm Squat(heavy) deadlift, quad and glute accessories
Day 5 am Farmer's Walks, battle ropes
Pm Light Military Press Light Bench press chest and shoulder accessories
Day 6 am no conditioning
Pm light squats and dead and posterior and leg accessories

Any feedback would be appreciated

Do you want to do powerlifting?

Lifts
Bodyweight

4x2 bench then 1x8 @ 97.5kg
3x5 pendlay row @85kg
3x5 ohp @52.5kg (lel)

Starting a new cycle to bench is light today. Had a very poor sleep so amrap set was shit

What do you specifically do for your conditioning? Time, sets, distance, weight (in the case of farmers walks), etc

I'd like to do a meet but right now I'm trying to get my conditioning back up for a job.
26 y/o
5'10
Deadlift 545x2 Conventional
Squat 455x3
Bench 365x1
Military Press 280x1
Powerclean 305x1
Front Squat 375x4
205-210 lbs don't know bf% but you can see abdominals

Can i get a quick rundown on
G A I N I N G M O M E N T U M?
A
I
N
I
N
G

M
O
M
E
(spam filter)
N
T
U
M
?

Mike T has a pretty impressive resume of lifters and I have basically no idea what he actually does

It's because of niggers.

>Our latest terrorist attack involved a knife...
... and was committed by a non-White

Has anyone ever read 'Hooks and Feelers'

I want to discuss this short story

why is she near a food service station thats disgusting

>conditioning back up for a job.

Not another paramedic I hope?

Big on autoregulation and using it to modify existing programs. In his words, the rifle is the program (sheiko for example) the RTS system he developed is the scope you use to get the most out of the program.

Sounds gimmicky to me and a lot of it boils down to fine tuning the amount of volume you can do. (i'm definately not knowledgeable on the topic and am open to others explaining why that is wrong.)

Maybe you should get some real friends so you can discuss it.

Mostly distance and weight progression sprints are intervals
Close fire department

What's the difference between Project Momentum '16 and '17

Your probably going to get a lot of essential services guys pop up its hiring time for recruits

17 is way less frequency and volume and more intensity

>your

NE and KS arrows pointing to the wrong States
> they're called Runza

Sorry you're

Your
>(you)

Those are decent lifts. Look into Matt Wenning he does alot of training for firemen

I've trained with him before.
He's kinda annoying.
One time he bragged on Facebook about how he broke his leg when he was 8 and that's why he laughs at people who say they can't squat because of injuries.

Can I get a form check?
P.s. watch til the fucking end for the good part
drive.google.com/file/d/1_cDSaV-6wV10Dj0N9QATWGCLyAA752nbZA/view?usp=drivesdk

Aren't all guys from westside annoying?

He was hit with a car. He didnt just break his leg

Eh kinda. The group my dad lifts with at westside is pretty alright. Much less iron life than most Westside guys.

What the nigger

Did I do good minus the almost passing out

>deadlifting in the squat rack

why?

No platform or floor space

How much do you think Ray Williams could squat equipped?

what is this called?
instagram.com/p/BPOc0PBlUXu/

That's an instagram link user

failed box squat
and unfunny editing

is the rock actually handsome? not tryna shittalk him, and i know he is swole as fuck and famous and rich and he has white teeth what other part of him is so good? still above average but not most handsome in the wirld

>there is a thread full of people who believe deadlifting is bad for your spine
>several of them admit to pulling 3pl8

You'd think in a world where there are now more 1000lb pullers than you can count on one hand and every gym has someone who can pull 600+ that these people would figure out spines aren't made of glass smdh

>there is a thread full of people who believe drinking is bad for your liver
>several of them admit to drinking only once a week

You'd think in a world where there are now more moonshine drinkers than you can count on one hand and every bar has someone who can drink 30 beers that these people would figure out livers aren't made of glass smdh

argument doesn't really work lad

But livers aren't made of glass, retard. Drinking a beer a week wouldn't even register.

The fact is, if deadlifts were bad for your back, they would cause injury long before one was able to train their deadlift up to 600 lbs.

Alex, can you tellme your sterngth progress thorugh the last 12 months. Aren't you the guy who posted the webm of a severe goodmorning squat some time ago? Im not really into trips, just curious

It's a widely accepted fact that drinking is bad for your liver, but deadlifting is a staple in physiotherapy. Duffin has stated word for word that if you have an old woman who can't bend over and pick up a shopping bag, the first thing you do is teach them to deadlift

A 50 year old man with a 500lb deadlift will have a healthier back than one with a 225lb deadlift

>he can't drink 30 beers
liverlets out

>Alex, can you tellme your sterngth progress thorugh the last 12 months
sure. I know for a fact that this spreadsheet is accurate, I'm guessing with the dates though. all in pounds
squat 545-562
bench 330-365
deaadlift 535-600
bw pretty much constant.

>Aren't you the guy who posted the webm of a severe goodmorning squat some time ago?
nah that's twink alex.

Nuckols beginner 3x bench Texas method squat and dead - yes / no

310 wilks with shit bench

yes

Cool beans

shut up manlet cuck

whom else /smallarms/ here?
>48 inch chest
>29 inch quads
>16.75 inch arms cold

half the lads at my gym are tradies with 20 inch arms and i look goofy baka

16.75 inch arms are big unless you're way over 6ft
Also 20 inch arms are either fat or steroids

I have 108.5cm chest and 42cm arms.
According to "natty potential" calculators my arms are big for my size and height, but I just look fucking tiny desu.

also I only have 60cm quads l-lmao
182cm height

This is speculation but imagine that you've got your muscle fibers and that their conglomerate effort determines the amount of weight pushed. for instance, someone with absolutely no lifting experience can drastically improve their 60lb max on bench to 115 over the span of 2 weeks simply by refining the muscle movement. My thought is that in combination with muscle fiber recruitment for the exertion, the total amount of muscle fiber available for it (mass) have a net amount of energy to exert. So when you exert 3x10 for instance for hypertrophy vs 6x5, what happens is that your 10rm for the 3 sets is more dependent on the amount of already trained muscle fiber's energy rather than the 5rm being more heavily dependent on muscle recruitment. what happens in this situation is that those microtears that occur in the muscle fiber happen at a much faster rate with lower rep ranges than higher rep range, not only because the weight is heavier but because their is a higher probability for those muscle fibers to be damaged by the lift and then move on to rely on the less exerted muscle fibers. this trains for strength far more efficiently and also makes for more mass gain.

I haven't read anything about scientific literature on this so I might be absolute off my rockers wrong but If someone out their with the interest would look into this would be interested it might be beneficial. also, with programs where you have a phase of High volume, maximum fatigue followed up by less volume, higher ratio fiber recruitment (strength) I think the point of high volume in the first week is to damage the muscle to the point where it recruits the remainder muscle fibers for the exertion. Sorry for typos but My gf broke up with me and I'm 1/2 way through this bottle of jack.

High reps(10+) mean the first few reps barely have any training effect if any, and just exhaust the slow twitch fibers and your cardiovascular system which basically don't
Fast twitch fibers are activated the most when you are struggling the most.
BUT, regardless of weight or load used, you will recruit all the fibers in your muscle if you do a set to failure.
Yes, even if you do 60 rep pushups to failure, you will have a hypertrophy training effect.
It will just be exhausting and not very strength specific.

In short, your body can't tell the difference between whatever weights or resistance you're using, it only knows effort.

So, in theory, if someone were to rest pause on something like for example a bench press after going to failure on a 20 rep set, and only managed to do 3-6rep mini consequent sets, those mini sets would have a real high strength specific training effect, because your muscles are forced to push as hard as possible due to exhaustion.

"volume" calculations don't work well with this though.

myo reps and rest pause pretty much cover your point i think

Why are joggers so retarded
Like what are they hoping to achieve

What the fuck is max every session and over what period was that?

I need a bodybelding accessory I can do for a few sets at the end of each bench session (3x week). Its either curls or lateral raises, I'm thinking lateral raises since I already do direct back work 5x a week and get arm work from that?

Lateral raises worth doing?

dont just throw in some random exercise, rotate things to always be targeting a weak spot

Why not both?

>First for GDEs need to try and progress slowly
>First for GDEs need to try

Fixed

I already have a main lift and an accessory to target a weak spot. This is just for the sake of hypertrophy somewhere that doesn't require much effort.

Do bis get more work from pulling than side/rear delts get from pressing/pulling?

I have a huge ass and legs and chicken arms because all the routines emphasize squats

>noodle arms

JUST

you are literally me

thought I was bad

>43" chest
>14" forearms
>14" upper arms
>27" legs
>6" wrists

Just do both, they're easy enough that you can superset them if time is a concern.