Ask a Cashier/Cook at Chipotle anything

Hey Veeky Forums I've been working at Chipotle for around 9 months now, if anyone has any questions about feel free to ask. Might post some food promos if the thread gets big.

>inb4 I'm washing my hat today chill.

Other urls found in this thread:

cado-crusher.chipotle.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pink color pen\crayon? You a faggit m8?

You stealing meat from back again miguel?

yo listen cholo, we can't save the steak like other meats i'm taking a bowl with me. (and some chicken)

It's a red coloring pencil...the one time lighting cucks me.

Why do you charge me the full barbacoa price when I order half chicken/half barbacoa? Fucking bullshit man.

Why'd you stop putting out lemon slices? I needed that shit for my diet coke.

How's it feel to work at McMexidonalds faggot?

1. There is no option on our register that would split the price, just get double chicken since the barbacoa is really fattening, but it's also really good.

2. We have lemon/lime slices in a fridge behind the register, we would be happy to give you some. just ask homie.

They pay 90% of my tuition/other stuff, and that makes me pay like 34% of would I should be paying at my Uni. The pay is also alright coming out of HS. (Also you can eat as much as you want=gains)

Why do the people who fold my burritos think it is ok to double wrap it when they tear the initial tortilla? Are they trying to fatten me up?

I don't like the taste of Chipotle so eating as much as I want = eating none of it. Cool beans about your tuition though.

At the Store I work at we ask you if would like it "double wrapped or another tortilla"
Also have a bowl dude we fill it up more.

Thanks man, We do use a lot of adobo and spices, but whatever floats ya boat.

Can you hook me up with some free food? I'm bulking so anything is good.

Where do you live?
/
If the thread gets bigger i'll dump some promo scanners for 2 for 1 burritos.

bro i eat chipotle every other day. i'd kill for some coupons. not that guy but i'm in Texas

Do it man there's a Chipotle that opened up recently and I got a gift card at work for free.

If you go there a lot some workers will recognize you, and ask the manager for
>Manager comps
which give you 100% free food, but most store only have 35$ for the whole day, and we are mostly supposed to use them with angry customers.
Keep thread alive.

I used to work at Taco Time and we had portion testing to make sure we were putting the right amounts into food items when we made them

Did Chiptole reduce their portion sizes? I got a burrito a few days ago and the shit was just small and I think their price has increased.

why do you charge 8 dollars for a bowl of rice and beans

Can you ask to get your tortilla grilled/warmed up before they serve it to you?
The first (and last) time I went to Chipotle, I was grossed out by the cold tortilla they served my burrito in
Granted, I live in San Francisco and am used to everything being prepared to order, which, as a matter of fact, can I ask for fresh carne asada made to order? the carne asada they gave me last time was like lukewarm, and nasty

I've worked for Chipotle for almost 4 years now you're not special and your answers aren't useful

fat people stories pls

post tits if female

or male

>i have no shame
>tits or GTFO

did you once in four years offer to give Veeky Forums coupons

I work at Chipotle too.
>Tfw two free employee meals gives me all the protein I need for that day.

Does it gross you out how many customers get 2k+ burritos thinking they're eating healthy

You can only do that if you're a manager or steal them. They're hard to steal.

I just give people who I recognize from the gym extras.

Why do you charge full price of a quesadilla and a burrito if I order the secret quesarito? Straight up bullshit.

Get a quesarito

We raise prices every 5 years, and 2 weeks ago we raised them because you people like eating GMO-free meals. If you get a burrito the portion is going to be 3/4 because we have to wrap it up. Get a bowl with a free tortilla on the side*
if it's just rice and beans then it should cost less than 2 bucks, because we charge them as sides=90 cents. Must have had a bad Cashier sorry bro.
At my store we put the burritos on the press for 5-7 seconds. it's hard to roll if you don't do so...yea on the meat part, as long as you are ok with waiting a little.
Nice man where at?
Most people that come in are somewhat fit...I've never thought about that. Also I do like all the extra protons.
Wrong. If I work cash my Manager gives me 5 cards to give to customers, if I have any left over he tells me I can keep them or give them back. I take gym buddies to Chipotle all the time so I like keeping them which is fine.
1 Quesadilla+1 Burrito= their cost combined.??

ok thanks mane

Yeah except it's not a full fucking quesadilla it's a tortilla Cheese and sour cream.

Ive only been in chipotle twice, and I loved it. Both times there was a long ass line, but you guys literally knocked it out in a minute. Thank you for your service

>lemon slices
>diet coke

My man.

Hey thanks we do our best. you can also prace an order online and skip the lines completely.

They must have changed it wrong, as long as it was a small quesadilla.

Got any fat people stories from Chipotle?

What's the difference between carnitas and chicken, and do you guys serve non alchoholic drinks?

Jesus if you think it's over priced or don't like it maybe don't go? You're gonna complain anyway, and it isn't gonna change anything you gigantic faglord

I work at a store in Utah...so the options for drinks are very limited here, but in some other places we serve margaritas. We always have beers at any location.
One time a larger woman came in as asked for White Sauce on her burrito. It was sour cream...

Do y'all care that I get a water cup and fill my cup with coke and orange drink and then before leaving I refill it?

The burrito bowl with a tortilla on the side was the greatest thing I ever learned about chipotle.

that reminds me i havent had barbacoa in ages.

I love barbacoa that shit is nice.

chicken and barbacoa and chorizo > steak > carnitas > tofu faggots

> if it's just rice and beans then it should cost less than 2 bucks, because we charge them as sides=90 cents. Must have had a bad Cashier sorry bro.

hes exaggerating.

he probably means everything but guac and meat

Hell yea man people under estimate the burrito bowl.

It's a pet peeve that I'm sure a lot of cashiers have. I don't care that much other than eyeing up the person until they notice and awkwardly try to play it off.

A lot of comments we get from people that eat at barbacoa is that they don't like sweet meat.

We have a thing called a 3-pointer that is cheaper than burritos, which you can get anything count as 1 point (rice,beans,salsa.cheese). But when you add a Meat or Guac it's counted as 2 points

So a rice-chicken burrito is a 3 points, while Rice, beans and chicken is 4, and thus a burrito.

Ok trippy, hope you're still here but I'm in Utah as well. Hook a Veeky Forums bro up?

I work sunday from 4 till closing. I'd be happy to, but you have to get the location of the store I work at.

I try to eat "healthy" at Chipotle. What I get is:

>Lettuce
>Veggies
>Chicken
>Pico
>Guacamole

Is there anything in the ingredients or possible bad oils that you cook this stuff in that would make me rethink the health quality of what I order?

not OP but at that point i think you're just wasting your money desu

Give us the coupons nigger

I know.... I try to meal prep as much as I can for work but sometimes I fall short and Chipotle is the "healthiest" option near my work

As much as I'd like some fat Five Guys burgers with bacon next door, I also don't want to be the same fatass I was 3 years ago

wtf is that boi,
The only thing that comes to mind about anything unhealthy is the barbacoa, due it's high sodium/fat content that it comes in.

and if you are cutting avoid Cheese/Sour cream. The way you mean healthy is keeping cals down right?

Are you cutting or bulking?

The best bowls I've tried over the years:

>1
Brown rice
Black beans
Chicken
Hot salsa
Corn salsa
Guacamole
Lettuce
>2
Double white rice
No beans
Barbacoa
Hot salsa
Pico salsa
Guacamole
Lettuce
>3
Brown rice
Black beans
Chorizo
Sour cream
Corn
Other salsa of preference
NO GUAC
Lettuce

Cool, what's the location?

Cutting

Do you get a discount for working there?

I fucking love Chipotle, I go on almost a weekly basis, I could eat that shit any day of the week

I see you are losing weight, I recommend avoiding Cheese, Sour cream, Guac (if you aren't ok with healthy fats) and tortillas/chips.

Now the list of items you have are
>Lettuce
Water calories=It's alright
>Veggies
We add a little oil and salt=It's alright
>Chicken
We use significantly less seasoning to the chicken, meaning less salt=Perfect
>Pico
Tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice, but it's mostly water weight=It's alright
>Guac
I feel a little bloated after eating guac, but the healthy oils are godlike= Use in moderation

Rice and beans won't do much to ya, but if you are looking to get more bang from ya buck get a salad which gives a lot of lettuce and it auto comes with more chicken. The tortilla you are eating with a burrito isn't gonna make you cut faster.

Also just curious, do you go to Vasa/golds or something else around here?

Are you guys still stepping all over the food and then cooking it?

Do people still unplug the fridges when they don't get their checks on time?

If you work that day, you are getting a mandatory 30m paid break with all you can eat for free, if you worked more than 8 hours you get 2 breaks. (I get 2 bowls with 2x the chicken). If anyone wants to know my go to for highest calorie/protein meal feel free to ask.

If you didn't work that day, and you are stopping by then you get an Auto 50% off anything you want. that includes Meals, chips and guac and beers. I would take 10 of my friends over during the school year almost having it completely free.

ALSO, when once a year you get a free 10-20 person catering order that comes with anything.

(pic related)
>in salt lake...?

That was in stores in Idaho, nevada and washington. Not Utah :)

Yeah in the salt lake area.

well it sounds like people in Utah aren't scum after all

Good to know

I like my chicken and dog shit quesadillas specially made

Chipotle is pleb tier.

Make it at home from scratch. Amazeballs if you aren't a shit cook.

>Faggot paid shill who's going to shit spam that talentless sandniggers' gifs all over Veeky Forums all day.

Time to rev up my trolling engine and start hiding some posts.

So is your chipotle in the salt lake valley? Hook me up with some free proteins bro.

Worked at Chipotle in Manhattan, KS. Always had some super swole dude come in damn near daily, off season he would smash all kindsa dirty bulk stuff but on season was salads with chicken.

Customers ar-e...e always..s num..er on-e..

There really isn't anything special about chipotle. We just make food for the masses, and it tastes great.

I just said Utah, if you want posible free burritos you gotta tell someone that works cash 4-until closing on sunday the good old Veeky Forums meeting phrase ;)

We get a lot of swole-ish regulars around all the time, I always tell them to get extra meat, cuz i'd comp it.

Fuck you.

Fuck K-State.

Your city sucks and only has one street to do stuff. Tonguefuck my butthole, nigger.

stop it user youre making me hard

>Salad, no rice, no beans, chicken, fajita veggies, guac, hot salsa

why do yall barely but any lettuce into the paleo bowls? have to ask for extra shit tier shredded lettuce just to see green...

What relevance does this have to fitness you dumb spic chef.

Yeah there are like 5 in the valley. Sandy, Murray, cottonwood heights, sugar house. You want me to drive around to each one asking the cashiers if a guy named Zyzz works there?

Just shout it out at the front door to cut down time

Well thread is slowing down, anyone have any experiences about their restaurant work related stories?

I'll start us off, During my week of training I was taking my break while my manager took over cash. There was a bit of a line, but he said he could handle it. These 4 retards walk in obviously high or drug, and wait in line right next to us. All chipotle's have framed pictures of scenic stuff with the glass and picture 2-3 inches apart from each other.

The beta of the group, trying to impress his "friends" dares himself to punch the wall (Not the picture). His friends say whatever and turn their backs towards him. I see his eyes light up, as he sees mine worry.

In a swift movement he jars his whole hand into the picture frame, blood oozing from his hands while the rest of the store looks at him. He is shock holding his hand in place for around 30 seconds. Manager calls the cops and an ambulance. his friends left him with the only car they used. Manager drags him off to the side and he bolts when he hears sirens. Never know what happened to him...

I miss him..

Why does Chipotle ALWAYS skimp, unlike Qdoba?

Also, Chipotle vs Qdoba vs Moes Vs Taco Bell

Opinions?

So basically OP is full of it and won't deliver on them sweet proteins.
Whatevs 10/10 strung me along.

I don't think Zyzz would work here, we steam our rice.
You should know how Veeky Forumsizens meet.

I don't know if you remember, but there were some major renovations/construction work around where I work. Also a local donation center got shut down and moved away.

>skimp
We are just using portional sizes :(

Never met another Veeky Forumsizen so I wouldn't know how we meet up. Not sure where renovations have been done recently. I know some have been done downtown lately but other than that...

How do i get a job at Chipotle? There is one near my uni. Only job experience I have is Grocery at my local supermarket.
Also, they pay for your tuition?

>I don't think Zyzz would work here, we steam our rice.
KEK

Also, im a fucking skinnyfag and need all the protons to permabulk

If you work with then less than 6 months they pay 50% of it.

If it's around 9 months to a year it can go up to 90%

They also help with housing/food costs. It's a good gig out of High School.

Where ya live brah?

any code for utah locations?

What happened to shitpotle and why does it tastes like shit now?
Used to be delicious about 5 years ago, now it tastes like sour mediocre rice and beans, every single shitpotle.

Do you know the park where the wooden chief hangs out?

how do you make chicken not taste like shit?

seriously, full recipe, preparation, videos - i really want to know how to not make my chicken taste like disgusting garbage

this

YES...Thats not where I work at, and that park is next to a bunch of
>sickos

If I had those chicken and rice recipies, then I would be 300lbs

Did hansel and gretel visit near where you work?

We get our chicken without any spices, so we make it in stores. We mix the chicken with a seasoning called Adobo and put it in the fridge for 1 day (if it's 2 days it becomes really spicy).

you guys want the recipe?

Here it is, (serving for 8?)

1 ounce dried chipotle chile pepper
1 ounce dried ancho chile pepper
1/2 cup water
1/2 red onion, cut into small chunks
4 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs

You can get rid of a lot of stuff on this list, but the most important parts are Ancho Pepper Powder, Chipotle Chile Powder, and making sure you marinate it for 10-12 to get juicy chicken.

I'm in fucking tears, yea you got it man. Roads are shitty and lopsided. I'll hook you up if you come by, 1 meal.

Oh I just remember. This site starts back up by Monday, if you get close to a perfect score you'll get a free meal, but if you don't you'll still get free chips and guac.

It starts giving out prizes on Monday and it's somewhat limited supply. Just thought I would leave this here.

cado-crusher.chipotle.com/

(A bag of chips have 8 protons)

Sweet, Sunday after 4?

I prefer around 7-10 because we are supposed to have a big rush by 5-7., but any time works fine...

Other Anons what do say when you wanna meet another Veeky Forumsizen?

im a sm and lost gains thanks to chipotle.

DYEL?

YES THANK YOU!

Sorry to bother further, but what do you guys do to make the fajitas so tasty?

Aight
1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 large green pepper, stemmed, cored, and sliced
2 medium red onions, sliced
1/2 Tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped (1/2 teaspoons dried oregano works too.)
1/2 teaspoon salt

Use a skillet until nice and crisp.

Haha, do you want me to say. "Hail, friendo.", "I'm a lucky guy." Or something else.

Really? Shit I'm thinking I'm going to make some premade meals with this. If you could share the secret of Chipotle's rice, my meals for the week would by completely set.

Thank you very much btw.

Sure whatever man, just act autistic and I'll know you're from Veeky Forums

OP is tired and Is going to bed. had a fun time thanks guys, I'll be back tomorrow in the morning before heading out for a hike.

I'll post give me a min

1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon butter
2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
2⁄3 cup white basmati rice
1 cup water
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 lime

In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute.
Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil.(Some people have had success with 1 cup of water, but when I've made it with 2 it worked for me).
At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
Add in the cilantro and fluff rice with a fork.

Aight I'm out for tonight.