/fat/ general - smiling fat wojak edition

Previous edition Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want
>Lose weight
>Get a more Veeky Forums body by lifting weights
Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another if you are too weak to survive solo. We all know losing weight when you are fat is easy if you just reduce calorie intake, literally piece of cake. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need to lose weight for a number of reason. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice to troll or to reassure their extremist autism works for themselves, don't bother, always remember calorie intake, if it is lesser than how many calories your body burns you'll be fine.
And remember, if you are a loser when fat you'll still be a loser if you are thin, your weight isn't the problem.

>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy(Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
If you eat 500 less than that daily you lose weight, can go lower but never very low
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

How's everyone doing today

I'm having a beautiful morning with a nice Marlboro cigarette. I will be playing music whilst drinking a few beers with the lads today. How is your morning?

Just having breakfast and a cheeky toke before a nice long walk. Looks like great weather out today.

Wait so are you guys fatties trying to get fit or just fatties who have given up and are content with life?

Help me /fit
I currently weigh 420 lbs, 5'10'' 19 yrs old

I don't know where to begin and I've read the fuckin sticky. It's just confusing to me and I find a lot of the stuff in it incoherent and un-understandable.

Where do I begin? What are some complete noob workouts that I can do at home with 5 lbs dumbbells? What about nutrition?

We're all gonna make it, apart from the guy who keeps posting about how he lives on kfc or whatever

When you're that fat, any kind of exercise with the right diet will help you lose weight FAST. Get on a strict low calorie diet and get addicted to Pepsi Max. Stop eating because you're bored. Hunger isn't dangerous at your weight.

First time posting progress pic, pls no bully
6'2", dont know what I weighed at the start but Im 230lbs now. Its been just over 3 months, how am I doing?

Doing great!
1 banana breakfast and a coffee with no sugar is all i've had.
Feeling genuine hunger, but it's something completely different than the cravings i used to get before quitting processed carbs, and this is a lot easier to ignore.
It's not gonna be easy keep it up when i get back to work tomorrow after skipping nearly 2 months (due to injury), but my progress is gonna speed up a lot, since i'm a construction worker.

To be honest, I just finished two pieces of key lime pie. You hit the nail on the head with eating while I'm bored, because that's exactly the only reason I went and got the pie..
How do I avoid eating while I'm bored?
I work maybe 15 hrs a week max, so I have a lot of free time.
When the hunger pains set in, they become so unbearable that I finally cave in and end up eating more than I planned on

Keep it up bro, i feel your pain with the stretch marks, but see them as even more motivation to get thin.

Steady progress - nice; keep it up.

However,

Cut that fucking hair, you literally look like you live under a bridge.

get a haircut

You avoid getting bored by keeping yourself interested in something. Pick up a hobby which you can fill your head and time with, like making hip hop beats, programming, solving crossword puzzles, READING, whatever suits you.

If you start feeling actual pain from hunger, you can solve that by something light, like a low calory shake or whatever.

The thing about going on a low calory diet is that after only a few days you will "forget" what it's like to eat all the time and essentially only eat out of necessity rather than as a hobby.

Also weigh in every morning after going to the bathroom, this way you'll see a steady decline which you won't want to break. This is called gamifying and you should try it.

>Be eating 600 under TDEE and intermittent fasting
>Started lifting again after i had got some proper equipment for free
>Following stronglifts
>Mfw how fucking fatigued i've been for the past few days

I wish i could give into these hunger pangs.

its been about 3 and a half years since I had a haircut, was thinking of finally cutting it when I get to my goal weight

I really enjoy watching Gintama, Hataraku Maou-sama,Tentai Senshi Sunred, etc. so I guess just watching more could be a cure to my boredom.
The thing is, I can't go for more than 2 hrs without feeling the unbearable need to put something in my mouth (no cocks)
I've tried time and time again, usually by making small goals (e.x. making it 2 hrs 30 mins before eating again, then if I was successful, I would bump it up to 3 hrs, etc.)
I literally turn into a fucking bear when I force myself to far. It's gotten to the point before when my dad would block the entrance to the kitchen so I couldn't eat anymore food because we were running low (due to my overeating)
I've heard of really overweight people taking carb inhibitors and using wraps, could that help me out in the beginning?

please do it. Then post a transformation pic

I am almost off the path of fatness but now I look to my parents and see 2 (morbidly?) obese 50 year olds, I try to advise them but they will heed nothing.

I don't want my parents to die in 10 years time, how do I help them?

Used to have hair that long. Getting it cut felt like walking towards a guillotine, but I don't regret it at all.

Never again

shoot them

I have no idea what those Japanese things you listed are, but I'm going to assume they are anime? I don't know much about anime, but I know you are quite unlikely to learn anything about life from them. I would not consider anime a hobby, it's a very passive activity, because you're just being spoon-fed very basic entertainment. Note how the suggestions I had for hobbies were all directed towards working your brain. Just like working out your body builds physical strength, working out your *mind* works up mental strength.

In my humble opinion, you don't need any help such as "carb inhibitors" or what-not. At some point, you're going to have to bite the bullet and *teach yourself* how your mind works. This is actually easier than it sounds. You have to resort to some *honest* introspection and ask yourself "why do I want to eat" and "why do I have to rely on my parents to prevent myself from overeating". I feel like this is the culprit.

Take control of your life, ask yourself what you want to be and work slowly towards becoming whatever that is. Are you wasting time right now? Is what you're doing helping you achieve that goal? What have you actually accomplished in the last week? The last month?

Life's only so short, but you can make life your bitch, instead of the other way around. You just need to try. If you fail, are you going to cower in a corner? Of course not. Make life your bitch.

I'm good family. I got my macros pretty damn good and have almost successfully completed day 2/5 of my work week. I'm going to go home and try to find something productive to do but will probably end up playing vidya like a heathen.

I think I have costochondritis, where the muscles around my sternum become inflamed and it feels like I can't breathe properly. This crushed chest feeling was my main symptom when I had anxiety back in 2014, things are going great for me now but the chest pain persists.

Seems to be worse some days that others, yesterday it hurt so much that I knew I wouldn't be comfortable working out at the gym - since I can't breathe properly. I don't want to get wound up about it because it can aggravate the pain.

Has anyone else experienced this, when I look into it online it seems to be a tough shit scenario and to just deal with it - for years.

Sorry for blog post, I was enjoying getting into gym and improving my fitness. Not like it is going to hinder my weight loss, probably will hinder body recomp though.

Fatties trying to get fit.

gum
you can eat literally as many vegetables as you want

I started getting fat as of about 2 years ago, I realised October last year that I was obese, I halfassedly tried dieting and lost barely anything.

I managed to obtain some acid(LSD) from a friend of mine, tripped balls in my room in front of a mirror and man...

It's been 5 months since, down 30kg and I've gone over my maintenance once.

As unethical as it sounds, could psychs give people the view angle they need?

>mom asked if I want her to buy us some cake to have something sweet with coffee
>I said ok
>after a short battle in my mind I asked her not to buy it
>ate some carrots instead

It's a small thing, but I'm content with myself.

Every time you make right decision, the next right one gets easier.

I don't think tripping on acid would be a good universal first step into weight loss.

Could see it helping some people I know though, so who knows.

>eat obscene amounts of junk food yesterday
>wake up today
>feel like going to mcdonalds and postponing my healthy eating lifestyle until tomorrow

M-makes sense, right?

Alright, I enjoy solving cross-word puzzles so I'll start there.
My parents actually kicked me out because fights, crying, etc. so now I'm on my own, and the binges have increased drastically. Earlier today I began to reflect on why I make these choices, and I think it has to do with certain traumas I endured as a child. I can even recall a time when I was force-fed zebra cakes by my grandmother who worked in a little Debbie production plant after I had told her that I wasn't hungry.
How do people overcome these emotional hurdles? Does it just come with the initial change in mindset, or over time? It's been a struggle for me to resolve how I feel-pure anger and hatred for what I've become and for those who have enabled me (family)

Don't do it. You'll keep telling yourself tomorrow until you die at the ripe age of 50 at 350 lbs.

You have to realize you're addicted to junk food m8.

Let it go, now you are living based on YOUR choices so make them good.

If you really want to treat watching anime as your hobby, then get serious about it and start looking into some of the older titles and learn something about animation in the process.

Fuck you dick. Kfcfag here and still dropping pounds. Y'all laugh at my 3k workout day, but don't say shit about this 1500 cal day I just finished after working 9 hours

>start new diet of mostly veggies
>scales first day +3lbs (???)
>today -4lbs

New low for me!

Emotional hurdles are overcome by understanding your emotions, my friend. Most "bad" emotions come from fear and feeling trapped. I would recommend you start reading books on life, philosophy, get to know your emotions better so that they don't scare you as much. If you can take a step back and observe your emotions, they become meaningless and you will quickly adjust accordingly.

I'm 30 years old and to me it sounds like you're scared of becoming an adult. You know how you read on online forums about people who say "you never truly grow up"? That's a lie, you DO grow up, but not automatically. It's easy to watch anime and act like everything's fine, but that's not a good way to live your life in my opinion.

Remember the story of Pinocchio? I don't remember the exact details, but basically Pinocchio was upset about how life is hard and he just wants to have fun. He got invited to Pleasure Island where everything was fun and games until he started transforming into a literal jackass. That's what happens when you don't take charge of the hardships in life. You end up just a jackass who is weak both emotionally and mentally.

You DO grow up, but it doesn't just happen one day.

Im not that fat anymore thanks to IF. I got a solid discipline now, changed my life

What books would you recommend? I've read a few:
How to succeed in business without a penis, it's about manly ego isn't needed to become successful in your career
Does God ever speak through cats; still not quite sure what that one's about to be completely honest.

Do you think finding a manual labor job would help me to grow up? I'm not sure how my work ethic would endure at the weight I am..

i had a cup of coke today because i was stressed out, i regret every sip

Alright, first of all, I really have to ask you about this

>How to succeed in business without a penis, it's about manly ego isn't needed to become successful in your career

Did this help you become successful in your career or in life in general? Because it honestly doesn't sound like it. There's literally not one single thing wrong with being a man, manly or masculine. If you embrace being a man, manly and masculine, you'll find that there's a lot of power that comes from that, because as I understand it, you are male, right?

Hearing that you read a book like that alone makes me want to recommend this book: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Dr. Robert A. Glover. It was one of the first books I read which actually helped me a lot. I learned that there's nothing wrong with being assertive, setting boundaries and (even though he doesn't use these words) stop being a bitch.

Other than that, Eckhart Tolle has a good book called "The Power of Now" which should hopefully help you realize that your mind and your emotions are separate things. If you are able to hate yourself, there must be two of you, right? That's the gist of it.

You don't necessarily need a labor job to help yourself. But whatever you do, you DO need to exercise both physically AND mentally. And whatever you do, whenever you do something, make sure you understand FULLY why you do it and that you WANT to do it. If you hate your job, put more effort into getting another job, whatever that may entail.

Enjoying the pleasure of getting up at 5am for a 4-hour bloody shift after being the closer for my workcenter last night... Th-thank you scheduling program.

You've definitely dropped some weight. Keep on deflating that belly!

So far today: Zero Noodles (0 calories) with vegetables and veggie mince. Boiled the noodles in veg stock, chili powder, salt and curry powder. Drained for some deliciously seasoned quasi pasta. The vegetables I fried in spray oil (also negligible calories, recommend it) and seasoned with oregano, s+p and added some scotch bonnet, only a tiny bit for a little spice. Vegetables I used were red cabbage, broccoli, courgette/zuchini, mushroom and tomatoes from the sauce.

with a sprinkling of parmesan, wonder how much this meal even was. Had a cheeky half a cream cracker for about 20 calories and a diet lemonade for 0 calories, so today I would estimate at 400 calories at the most. Good start.

My dinner plan: Two quorn sausages for 140 calories with boiled vegetables, might try some different ones from earlier, but probably will end up being some more cabbage and broccoli. Not sure what else I could do besides boiling them, not sure how you'd go about making vegetables, and will be hard to resist using some potato.

>0 calories noodles
What the fuck do they make these out of?

how do you even get to 420lb at 19...
Even if you do make it your gonna look like shit with all that loose skin.

Also interested.

Konjac. It's not really zero cal as fibre does have calories just labeling means they are counted as zero

Former 300 lbs obese and I just started my first bulk. First time in a long time I'm actually happy.

>Konjac
Mein negger, I get that shit here in J-pan. They call it konnyaku, 0calorie like a baws.

Root vegetable, I got a pack of 20 for £20 from Amazon. They're bretty gud, I would say that their noodles are better, the fettucini are a bit slippery and stink of fish so you have to drain and wash them a little first.

They're literally only about 10 calories for the whole pack, and are more than enough to have for a whole meal instead of pasta. I'm going to try having them every other day, lost about 10lbs last time I did that, miracle food I tell thee.

I know it's become a meme lately but read this, seriously

Read the Holy Bible. Seriously, it'll change your life, don't listen to the fedoras.

>10 calories
I mean 4 calories, looking at the image I posted, quite amazing no?

I'll be fine on just rice and veggies and occasional chicken if I keep under the daily calories, right? R-right?..

yes, but you need the chicken for proteins

Is there any cheaper protein that isn't pure powder? Even chicken is getting expensive 'round these parts, don't even get me started on eggs.

If you go fishing the protein is free

powder is a meme, eat turkey and chicken

>former alcohol
>always ate pretty healthily, cook my own food etc besides snacks when drinking
>now that I have stopped drinking I feel pretty lethargic and light headed in the afternoon
>start tracking calories
>turns out I only eat 1700 sticking to 3 meals a day
>TDEE is 2800
>cut is 2300
Fucking hell lads it feels like I am eating all the time trying to hit 2300. Must have been getting loads of calories from alcohol and the shit I was eating when drinking. Thought if I cut all that out and stuck to my 3 meals a day it would be fine but I need to eat even more.

1700 is fine

>TDEE is 2800
Doubt it
How did you calculate it?

Bruh. Not that user. But I learned the ff from anime.

>Sports like baseball, soccer, boxing, mma
>Cooking, using chopsticks, how to make bread
>How to ride uphill on a bike.

It's kinda random, and watching anime for that reason is stupid. But it does give interesting facts every now and then.

He was asking about price

I googled it and found that calculator -
>24
>6'2
>male
>light exercise (gym for an hour 6 days a week)
Have I fucked up?

By the time it gets to about 4pm I have a really sore head unless I eat something. Breakfast is 410, lunch is 500, and dinner is about 800

210 lbs as well, should have added that.

I am pretty similar, 23, 6'2, 203 lbs, however I exercise 3x week but they usually last about 1.5-2 hours.

I was gonna start a cut with 1900 calories on non-lift days and 2100 on lift days. Idea is to be 700 deficit at first, and about lower while I lose weight, but staying at same calorie total.

Anyone here with knowledge how much calories cca are burned during 1 hour of average weight lifting?

I haven't been incorporating calories burned during exercise into my calorie intake (i.e. subtracting from daily intake), am I doing it wrong?

No you're doing it right. But I'd also like to know what asked, for curiosity's sake.

No idea, this is my first cut, but tdee should account for calories burned in gym I think, so I always thought something like 2 extra bananas or something would be okay on gym day

Well yes but as a rule of thumb most of us don't add them just to cut more and be consistent with the daily kcal intake.

Being an alcohol is how I ended up with a maintenance rate of 3,000 calories while barely ever eating. You might as well just drink melted ice cream all day every day.

Oh, didn't know that. I'll probably eat just 1 banana 30 min before workout just so I don't feel like shit completely but otherwise everything else will be the same.

Just do what works for you, as long as you're in defict you're golden.

I really like how I can only miss a few days of working out (due to work and family issues) and suddenly my double chin (that I worked hard to get rid of) comes back almost full swing. It's so damn gross

I think it's more of a posture things , after lifting ( especially pulling) your posture usually improve .

Steven Assanti part 3 anybody?

Generally speaking the number of calories you burn working out is lower than most people think and are very inconsistent.
So people typically only use sedentary TDEE and don't factor in exercise at all towards their calories, just to be on the safe side. An extra protein bar, scoop, or banana on work days when you're running a -750 to -1000 deficit isn't a big deal though.

confess your cheatmeals

Did my assessment. I went from 300 to 289lbs. Lost 6 inches off my body and lost I think 5 percent fat

I'm 5 and I'm a male, kill me.

that fucking hair jesus christ it looks like you crawled outta the creepy coupe

4 and I'm a male :(

Up your protein senpai, I'm 800ish under my TDEE and feeling great. What do your macros look like?

Can confirm I cut at sub 1000kcal (manlet) and by hitting my broteins macro I almost don't feel the hunger.

2, that spare tire will literally not go away for me

>be obese kid in obese family all my life
>no one cares about health in my family at all
>just figure i'll be fat forever since i don't know another way
>always feel uncomfortable when i hear fit related stuff like "drop and give me 20" in a movie
>never been able to do more than 1-3 pushups in a row
>over the past year and a half make up my mind to lose weight
>lose 115 pounds
>today i decided to see how many pushups i can do
>have no problem doing 20 at all, can easily do more

i practically started tearing up. i honestly thought i was doomed to a life of obesity forever.

Just weighed myself again and I am down another 1.8 lbs, feels good /fat/ especially since it was Easter last weekend and I overate

>tfw 2.6 lbs away from being considered overweight

Pretty good user. I woke up, weighed myself, took a long hot shower, and then spent 30 minutes listening to the rain in my bed

My friend and I are going to eat weed brownie later today too, feels good man.

Did you even read the OP description?

You managed to do even one push-up as a fat fuck?

yea but after even 1 my arms would be shaking

>I managed to obtain some acid(LSD) from a friend of mine, tripped balls in my room in front of a mirror and man

Same thing happened to me but with weed, got blazed out of my mind and literally screamed at myself in front of a mirror for like...an hour

Damn, couldn't do a real push up until I lost like 40 pounds.

I made my VERY early on goal of being able to do a pull up. Thought that that would be a "good balance of strength and size"

Felt so fucking stupid when I did one at 220 pounds.

>"No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Dr. Robert A. Glover

Isn't this the reddit red pill introductory book. Go away omfg.

What you're doing is called "guilt by association", it was written many years before TRP was ever a thing. It's a good book, read it and judge it after. It has nothing to do with PUA.

Just the fact that it was coopted by PUA and TRP community is reason enough not to give it to some weeaboo fatty of Veeky Forums. He'll just start blaming women for his problems instead of himself and won't actually better himself. You're a shill.

I'm not a shill, I've actually read the book and I've been helped by it. I'll tell you it doesn't blame women for problems, in fact it explains to the reader what "a nice guy" is, pretty ruthlessly, and explains how to stop being one.

You, on the other hand, seem like the type of person that would google for reviews on books, hear what your designated favorite ignoramus says about it and literally judge books by their covers. Since you *haven't* read the book, why are you even arguing with me about it? You don't know the first thing about it.

Day 19: 135kg -> 130kg. Not a huge amount, but getting there. Family meals during Easter set me back a bit, welp.
On another note, it's amazing how satisfied you can feel after cooking a proper meal that has less than half the calories of a generic burger combo. Just takes longer to prepare. But time is something I have plenty of.
I feel great already.