Cutting fat

Hey Veeky Forums

Used to weigh almost 300 pounds. I now stand at:

>180 lbs
>5'11"

I'm starting my cut tomorrow and after doing some planning I decided to go with a low carb diet while eating on a calorie deficit. My macros and caloric intake is:

>50%P / 30%F / 20%C
>1800-2000 daily calories

I've been working my way down to his deficit. My workout routine is as follows:

>Day 1: Legs & core
>Day 2: Chest & shoulders
>Day 3: Upper & lower back
>Day 4: Cardio (HIIT for 20-30 minutes)
>Repeat cycle

Ive been overweight for nearly my entire life. This is the best shape I have ever been in. I'm hoping some of you can give me some insight and some advice on what I need to work on or what else I should be doing. My main goal here is to have noticeable abs come summer time.

Are you planning on surgery for the excess skin?

I've thought about it. The thing is it's not very cheap

>My main goal here is to have noticeable abs come summer time.
Then you certainly shouldn't do low-carb, given that low-carb leads to greater muscle losses while carbs are muscle-sparing as well as promoting much greater athletic performance.
The excess protein will just get converted to sugar anyway

What macros should I follow then? And how come body builders go through low carb cutting phases? My last cutting phase was a similar setup as this one and I managed to lose 20 pounds. I did lose strength but I also seen significant fat loss

Insane progress dude. I'd say just keep doing what you're doing.

Thanks I appreciate it. I'm just still fairly new to the whole thing. Especially the fat loss aspect of it. Just looking to get some feedback.

good job dude, you look amazing!
your program seems fine, but just remember to progressively overload, that be in weights, reps, rest time etc.

Fuck m8 looking good
I started at 220lbs 5'10 and now at 170lbs. Goal is 155-160
When would you say you lost your belly? I'm getting real tired of cutting

I started to see outlines of my abs around 200 lbs. I'm still holding onto some fat in my lower abdomen although. It wasn't until I went on my last cutting phase is when I personally started to notice. I also notice loss in my love handles, breasts and legs.

One more thing I thought I'd add. I've thought about going on a lower fat cut (40p40c20f). The low carb diet seems to give you fast results but it takes it's toll on our body. My mental state was a wreck and I was constantly lethargic.

see u're hiding chest are tities saggy?

You look pretty good m8. I have heard keto does help get the skin tight if you are losing a ton. So that may be something to consider but at this point you've done the bulk of weight loss it looks like. Ro be honest Id sray where you are and start putting on weight. Maybe if we focus on putting muscle on you can fill out that skin other than your chest which we can't fully see it doesn't look that bad.

Yeah I'm hiding it

Thanks dude. I appreciate the advice. Yeah my chest is a train wreck trust me. I plan to have some cosmetic surgery done in the distant future

Don't do fucking low carb just eat at deficit and enough protein but keep putting them long-chained carbohydrates in your body. You need them for fueling your muscles.
Hurr durr proteins and are converted - no, only if your body does enter ketosis, and that happens only at

Oh and I forgot, don't diet at all, you have a good starting point and should eat small surplus and train hard. Just wanted to make sure you understand that low carb is terrible.

I started same place as you, now down to 163lbs, same height. My belly is still disgusting as fuck, never met anyone with a more disproportionate spare tyre. But assuming your genetics aren't as shitty as mine, you should probably expect to have a flat stomach at around your goal weight. Every other part of my body is nicely toned, but my gut just won't go away. Hoping to be able to end my cut before summer.

Great progress.
What exercises do you typically do 1-3?

Nice arms m8, what do you do for biceps? Weighted chins the only bicep exercise I enjoy but it's not enough for me, and I hate most curls.

I can tell you're hiding some moobs with your arms though, that's unfortunate. If it weren't for those I'd say you were ready and toned for summer now.

Keto is anti-catabolic and about as low carb as you can get.

luckily your body isn't as stupid as you are. losing muscle mass becomes an issue only once you hit like 6-8% bodyfat. before that it is very effective at only burning fat and conserving muscles.

you lose strength and have less energy because of a deficit and placebo but you don't lose your muscles until at the very last stages.

Yeah I think I'm going to do the 40-40-20 on a lower calorie. I think my body fat percantage right now is too high for any type of surplus. Really don't wanna put on any more fat and I know a surplus will do just that. Even if it's not a lot of it.

That's impressive man. Yeah I figure if I cut down to 170 then at least when I do start eating at a surplus I won't feel as bad about the extra pounds and I figure i won't be as stalky either at that point.

Mostly compound excersises. My 'bulk' schedule and 'cutting' schedule are different. But for my cutting I do squats, lunges, overhead press, flat bench press, dips, back rows, pull ups, you get the idea. I do very little isolated workouts but I usually do them towards the end of my workout.

Thanks user, yeah there's not getting rid of that extra skin unless I put on an insane amounts of muscle. Maybe some day. For my bulking routine I dedicate a day to arms. I mostly do isolated workouts during that day, barbell curls, dumbbell hammer curls, etc.

Although I did lose strength on the low carb diet I didn't notice much muscle loss. My arms got more vascular so I figured the size I did lose was a thin layer of fat. Again barely noticeable at all

>My main goal here is to have noticeable abs come summer

fasted cardio + yohimbine, brah. Helps get rid of the midsection.