Who /IF/ here?

Intermittent fasting Thread

Get in here you lean muffukas

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26374764
suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/04/alternate-day-fasting-well-researched.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is this what if does to you

How am I supposed to bulk if I'm not eating, user?

>tfw you're super comfy and the only thing that would make the situation comfier is some food but can't eat yet

just

20:4 master race here. No hunger or anything, i developed a good habit and will stick to it.

thanks to IF and working out on empty stomach, now I see waking up and immediately stuffing your face as something completely gross.

nothing better than exercising fresh and light with an empty stomach, there's something incredibly refreshing about that and later on, when you're pumped and clean after taking a shower you can finally eat a nutritious meal at peace.

>tfw staring at the fucking clock, counting down the minutes
>mind wanders to something else
>suddenly remember it's eating time, and you only have an hour left

how far do you push it?

im at 10/14 - joe rogan style.

>10/14
Nigga what the fuck?
At least start at the normal 8/16 interval.

breh...

there's not really even any point to that since it takes about 12 hours to enter a fasted state

I feel thats too little, but I would not worry too much about it. If it fits your lifestyle and you feel good about it, keep it at that. If you were to fast for longer periods, gradually increase the fasting window. Dont go overboard and start fasting for 36 hours.

Usually I eat around 16-17pm and then my last meal around 22-23pm, depending on what I eat and how my day is. Before I go to bed and still need calories, I eat nuts on the day I train. Usually no carbs for the last meal.

Why wouldn't you go for lean gains instead since now it's scientifically proven to be possible?

>tfw I just ate at ~3:30pm and my last meal was at 9pm last night
I've beaten the game lads. pull ups going up like crazy and bench still progressing very nicely as well

dyel

Guys tell me one thing
Is it possible to get strength gains in linear progression if I'm skinny fat and cutting and eating a lot of protein? Eating 400 cals below maintenance and doing SS with accessories
My lifts are very poor and I've stalled at 45/65/100/105 kg because I wasn't eating enough protein(barely 80-90g)

Wait do you guys actually work out on an empty stomach? Aren't you burning yourself if you do that?

I do IF too but I workout near the end of my eating window and my final meal is my post workout meal

18/6 here

FEELS GOOD

drink BCAA or a whey protein shake before training.

I take bcaa before training

Yes, burning all of the fat and old cells off my body. Then after I work out, I eat an ass load of protein and my muscles get huge. Then I go fuck skinnythicc whores with my semichub.

right now im fatty mode
but on my first big cut i want to combine
IF
yohimbine and keto

anyone that have experience with this and how would you go about that

lmao, sure, exercising after 18-20 hours of not putting anything in your mouth will surely devour every available muscle tissue in your body and you'll end up as a skeleton

fuck, i love eating, but this idea of being hooked on food in your every waking hour is just uncomfortable and gross

humans body can easily adapt itself to work flawlessly for days without food

Quick question is this a meme or is this heavily backed by evidence? If this isn't a meme would doing 24 or even 48 hour fasting damage your body at all?

They are either not working out hard enough or there is some other supplementation in progress

As opposed to 16-17am?

Its probably best to pick one and stick with it.

I would recommend keto only if youre gonna take a break from lifting/planning to lift half of your PR. You will lose energy to a significant degree doing keto, but it works really really well.

Humans are creatures who hunted for food and sometimes went days without it. Eating food in moderation daily is actually whats unnatural. Neither are bad for you though.

You don't understand IF, which is saying something since it's a very simple concept

you look like a young lean scooby

you wont see a substantial gain on a deficit and that's only if you manage to hit your protein intake mark. to see real weight gains you will have to eat on a surplus

have taken yohimbine on IF. it'll feel like your heart is gonna explode, but the results are there. just be careful, if the palpitations are too much id rec just not using the yohimbine at all

I started out with a 16/8 fast/eat window, bumped it up to 20/4, and now i'm doing 1 meal a day. I habe great energy through the day, i save time because Im not having to eat, the only problem is i had some interviews and fell off the wagon. I went from 205 to 195 january, put 5 pounds back on during my week of interviews, but i hopped back on OMAD and now I'm back down to 195. the goal is to hit 185 by June

brah are u unfamiliar with the topic here?Leangains IS Intermittent Fasting ,christ.

I am gonna start fasting tomorrow until Wednesday and then again from WEednesday till Friday and then again till Sunday.
Anything I should take care of?

18:6 begginer here trying to cut
How do I resist overeating carbs

you're breaking your fast of you take protein (fat doesn't though)

You don't eat them at all idiot

I unintentionally train fasted because I enjoy the feeling of an empty stomach while training. But I do take mesomorph preworkout (would recommend, never want to leave the gym while taking it). I also take 3-4 solid, large dumps before/after I go to the gym. I have no idea why, it only happens when I know I'm going to the gym that day.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26374764
here you are boyo. I haven't done any fasting aside from IF, but alternate day fasting seems to be effective.

I do because I prefer 3 larger meals then eating like a bird on a cut.
I really, REALLLY, dont think the fasting window matters at all.

>all these ppl falling for this SHIT MEME

hey lads, you get more hormonal response once you feed yeah, but at the end of the day, you get LESS muscle protein synthesis(in fact, MUCH less) than in a normal eating schedule.

That's right, anyone who does thi fucking IF meme is literally cutting their progress rate down considerably.

your muscle protein synthesis baseline is usually at a defficit, it goes up when you train or when you eat, specially when you eat protein.
But it has limits, you can't just eat everything in 4 hours and expect to grow just as much.

20/4 checking in

I don't know why, but I seriously love the feeling of an empty stomach. It makes me feel like a better human

Exactly this.
Our ancestors had to run for hours in order to catch a fucking deer or whatever they were hunting. They would then kill it, and then cook it.

And they fucking survived and that's it. They did not have to eat every 5 hours to keep their metabolism up, that's just fucking stupid bullshit nonsense. People eat every 5 hours because they have no self control and must feel satisfied at every moment of the day or else they will stuff their face.

IF is the way to go.

been doing 16-8 for a 2 months now, i have gone from 93 kg to 86 kg, not having food cravings like i used to do. having more energy and i overall enjoy eating food more because im actually hungry when i start eating.... why the fuck did eveyone say that breakfast was important when i grew up?!?

Okay but by doing it I've gotten down to 213 at 14%BF at 6'4" from 240 25%

This is the reason obesity is at such high rates now.
>Eating is the first thing you should do when you wake up
Think about how fucked it is to say that. Especially brainwashing children into thinking that they cannot survive the day without stuffing their face.
That and the incorporation of processed wheat, sugar, corn, etc. into nearly fucking everything that is sold in grocery stores.

It pisses me off so much, because they market these shit-tier, boxed, processed, diabetes causing foods as "healthy, quick, and efficient." Then they use the same tactics while preying on those whom are sick and overweight. Of course they would buy into it because they're uninformed-ignorant. Only for it to lead to short-lived success; killing the moral and depressing of these people, either 1. leading back to more overeating and furthering their inactivity, or 2. leading them to the pharmacy for some bullshit weight loss pill, while refilling their prescription for some other disease caused by the American obesity epidemic.
It's sickening.

amen brother

There is no money to be made from telling people to "not eat".

No, IF is just the fasting.
Leangains is the system developed by the guy in OPs pic and includes the weight lifting and cycling high carb/ low fat on lifting days and high fat/low carb on rest days.

does anyone do heavy cardio on weekends?
I bike 35 miles at 9AM and not sure if I can hold IF consistently.
Can you still IF 5/6 days a week?

Sure.
The great thing about IF is that, although I do it every day, that doesn't mean that someone else has to. If you wanted to, you could do 6/18 for 5/6 days a week, or you could do two 24 hr fasts, or even one.
It's best to incorporate it into your life in the way that it suits you.

Carbs are a good idea when doing IF. It isn't keto.

>t. PA

post body faggots

There's a lot of evidence in support of IF to lose fat and lower mortality rates, but not much studying whether it has any effect on muscle/strength gain. If anything the research seems to suggest nutrient timing is a non-factor in terms of gains.

Personally I do it for the health benefits and to reduce the amount of things I have to do in the morning, which already stretches for almost an hour and a half at times.

I found this take on Alternate Day Fasting interesting, but I'm not really able to make it till dinner without eating. Regular IF is fairly easy though

suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/04/alternate-day-fasting-well-researched.html

Do you get nervous before going to the gym? This doesn't happen to me for the gym, but back in high school, in the few days leading up to band camp I would shit repeatedly, even if there was nothing on my stomach. Like, 6-7 times once.

I always attributed this to nerves, and my body getting prepared to go through a stressful situation, and thus evacuating everything to be as light as possible. Idunno though maybe I'm autistic

My bcaa is only 30 cal, and martin said that dont go past 50 cal. So yeah, if its not high glycemic and low cal then its fine, remember that your insulin goes down when working out anyways

Wow this unscientific meme again. Nice

Been OMAD for about 4 months. Ain't never going back.