Yo Veeky Forums

Yo Veeky Forums,

what's your opinion on 5x5 stronglifts?
also your opinion on clenbuterol

>Good for beginners and not much else
>I wish I could take any steroid

Worse than SS, read Starting Strength, and run the program, it has a ton of useful information for a beginner.

How big part of SS is reading the book, would you say? The program seems simple enough, could be explained in a couple of sentences, so I'm just curious what the book adds to that?

Proper form on all lifts, how the program changes as you progress and get stronger, accessories to add and how to do so.

Pretty much every retarded question about the program is already answered in the book.

Medhi is a god

5x5 took me from being unable to lift the bar to getting halfway to 1/2/3/4 in 5 months. Anybody shitting on stronglifts has NEVER done it, or has shitty form.

I would recommend keeping track of your diet. EAT BIG TO GET BIG doesnt mean EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT. Thats a mistake ive been recovering from since.

SL is a good beginners routine.
Clen is an excellent cutting drug if used with a good diet. Worthless alongside a bad diet.

Yeah but Rippetoe's dogmatic approach is stupid. How many here have wasted months or even years squatting subpar because he never stops pontificating about muh narrow stance

Learn to get a feel for your body, see what feels right to you. Disregard everything that is being spouted by retards online or some glorified high school football coach in the most pompous manner and you should be fine.

The book is literally the most valuable part. Any beginner program will work. The book is what is uniquely useful.

clen is really bad for your heart, i would instead cut with a big deficit and inject some test to negate the muscle atrophy

I'm a complete novice but I started 5x5 stronglifts about 2 months ago and I'm absolutely loving it.

I was going to post another thread but in there is probably most appropriate.

I'm fairly small built and weigh around 75kg. I'm now squatting 70kg and deadlifting 100kg which has made me really happy, but for the first time since starting stronglifts I'm starting to feel some discomfort in my lower back.

Is this likely due to my bad form or should there be strecthes or other excercises I could be doing to improve this? The soreness is considerable the next day.

op here,
i am bad at calorie counting and losing weight, i was asking about clen for more immediate effects since i have gained like 3 kg since beginning 5x5(1.5 kg from 2 months of SL and 1.5 kg from a week vacation lol)

check your form yeah and in the end always stretch and do excersises for your lower back.

Cool thanks. I think it's the squats that are having the most impact since I do those every time as you know.

What should I be looking for specifically? I have read about pushing my chest out more but I find that insanely difficult at the bottom of the squat.

i can't really help you, i used to do squats and leg training since 14 and most things i do naturally. I also have some lower back pains but i use belt and it's better afterwards. If you are going to a gym try asking someone to take a video so you see what you are doing. then practice with no bar.

clen isnt gonna do it, clen is a supplement to a good cutting diet, over 1-2 months you can expect better results, but not groundshaking.

what should i do? i want to lessen my apetite and burn some excess fat.

if you have 2 months to cut then go for the clen, although its not a very useful agent unless you are already sub 15% Yohimbine/caffeine work and are a great combo for fasted cardio

but i only do wight lifting 3 days a week

Clen gonna make you a disgusting sweaty mess.

5x5 stronglifts will make you strong....

Jesus fuck, have you heard of cardio? Do couch to 5k

try front squats and see how you feel. Start with way lower weight and go from there. Personally, I prefer FS because it does not strain your lower back that much. It works your core and your quads more, and your hamstrings less. The burn after 5x10 front squats is something else. I absolutely love it, and my back squats gets higher too.
Other than that stretching, lacrosse ball since foamrolls will become soft too quickly.

but when am i supposed to do the cardio? on rest days?

>halfway 1/2/3/4
>good
lmao

beginners will progress doing anything really, stronglifts is just a shittty version of SS

Why is it shit?

just do cardio every other morning or so, i personally have a stationary bike so i bike 4 times a week in the morning.

Thanks dude, I think I'll give front squats a try

Clen is trash, sides imo are worse than low dose DNP and not nearly as effective

Starts too low
Should taper down 5x5 to 3x5 as weight increases
Too much OHP, needs more bench
Not bad routine, it's basically SS for really poor NEETs

>ok for noobs with more accessories
>good middle ground between ECA and DNP for fat burning and side effects, better than either for strength preservation/gains

What if i did a 30-45 min cardio every rest day, would that be bad? Im not the "I WANT MORE GAINS" type of guy, i just want to feel better and more athletic

cardio doesnt affect your lifting at all as long as its not right before it. just eat to gain the lost calories if you are being precise.

Does anyone have a good PDF of ss?
Can't really find anything online

i liked that

5x5 Stronglifts is to Starting Strength what Pepsi is to Coca-Cola.

Many people want to believe that it's better because it's not the mainstream equivalent, but it's just a ripoff off of that product made to make money. They will achieve similar results (Soda: quench thirst. Strength Program: gain strength), but one has had many more years to perfect it's product while the second, although a fine enough alternative product, just a pale imitation.