How far away is your gym from your house? What's the furthest you'd travel to go to a gym...

How far away is your gym from your house? What's the furthest you'd travel to go to a gym? It currently takes me about 20 mins via bus to get to mine, and that's the nearest one.

I'm moving to London soon and will have a 35min journey (20 if I cycle) if I use the same gym chain, would you be able to justify a journey that long?

I don't think it's that bad but my flatmate refuses a journey that long and is gonna join a gym round the corner which doesn't even have a squat rack..

Tell me about your gym commute Veeky Forums.

Your flatmate is clearly not actually committed so his opinion belongs in the bin

>get home from work
>strip off clothes except for undies
>walk into garage and begin lift session

feels good brah

0.0 miles

It's a 5 to 10 minute drive depending on traffic. My excuse for not going to the gym for the longest time was that I didn't have a car, but then my mom gave me her old car and I had no more excuses.

50 meters from my apartment to the gym.

Feelsreallyfuckinggoodbrah

5 minute walk

I hate paying for the fossilized jew so if was more than a 10 mintue walk I'd probably just invest in a home gym

Literally across the street. I just put on my clothes and walk over there.

Don't really have to bother showering since I can just come home and shower.

I rum 2.5 miles to the gym and walk back. Gives me an additional 700 calories of deficit too.

When it's cold (winter) and I'm a lazy bulking fuck, I just drive the 5 minutes. I'd say find a gym within 10-20 minutes, otherwise it's just one more variable and excuse in your training. I know it doesn't take much to talk yourself out of a workout if you're not feeling it and have to commute a half hour.

2 blocks

Both of my gyms are about 10-15 minutes away.

6 minutes

At Uni: 2 mins away

At Home: 15 mins

To be honest i'd still go to my gym if it took 35 minutes, I spend 30 minutes on a treadmill doing cardio anyway so id just replace it with jogging there and walking back.

It's next door to my apartment complex.
feels good, just roll out of bed slightly hungover and go work out

I walk 30 mins to my gym and then back, the route is mostly through two parks, which aside from being gorgeous this time of year, have runner girls aplenty to look at too.

it takes me 20 minutes to cycle to my gym here in NL.
Back in Canada its like a 4 minute drive.

Work in hospital.

Largest one in province

Staff gym. Everyday i go to work is gym day.

This

>paying to rent weights and share them with sweaty pajeets
Shiggy

I work at my Uni gym's Olympic lifting room. I walk there after classes and I workout during my shift. It's an incredibly comfy existence desu

gym is literally 30 second walk from my house. It's fucking amazing.

One elevator ride away, mayb 1 minute

Currently have a PureGym about a 60 sec walk from my house. Old place was about 20 min run from gym, just used as an opportunity to fit in some cardio!

15-20 minute walk from home.

Nice. My dream one day.
Though my life is going to shit (legit will be homeless soon) so it's a ways off

it's inside my house right now

Furthest was 5km. Went there biking. Leg days were a pain to go back home.
>tfw going back was uphill all the way

you dont live in a town where teenagers throw things at you from their cars if you walk on the sidewalk

Just down the stairs in my basement

Last one was like 30 minutes by car, current one is 5 minutes away. But it doesn't matter to me, driving to and from the gym is relaxing for me.

.8 miles

About a 3 minute walk (live on uni campus)

Over summer im gonna be living at home, all the gyms near me (30 minute walk) are shit, one literally has about 15 machines and that is it, doesn't even have dumbbells or a single bench, such a fucking joke.