KETO

Is Keto a meme?

Anyone here doing KETO?

Other urls found in this thread:

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa022637
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022347602402065
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm doing keto and am pretty happy with it.

Ketos not a meme but it takes a lot of hard work and disgusting concoctions like putting a butter stick in chicken broth

>not making a basic pan sauce after frying some chicken breast with skin on

It's not a meme but alone will not solve your problems. It should be combined with something such as intermittent fasting and then it will work efficiently. You get your body used to using fat for energy unstead of carbs/sugar so when you do deplete your glycogen/insulin, you tap into your fat reserves.
It's still going to take lots of time to lose fat but personally I find this easier and works better than anything else I've tried during a cut. Just look at movie stars for example like Hugh Jackman, most of them follow something similar to this. There's a reason for it

It's a very easy and effective diet.
With that being said, the food you are allowed to eat gets nauseating fast and you'll get constipated if you don't supplement with fibers.
There's also a chance that you'll get keto rash which fucking sucks and be prepared to feel like death for the first week or so.

>and you'll get constipated if you don't supplement with fibers.
Easily solved with salad and flax seeds.

This, I have a smoothie that I find is beneficial. I take a supplement (organic greens and reds) with some spinach, kale, and chia seeds in it. Works wonders for me desu

I mix 30g hazelnut whey powder with 30-50g flax seed and 100g greek yoghurt for a nice post workout dessert.

Never had trouble shitting but I looked up what to eat and what not to long before I started keto, so I didn't have the problems most people have that jump right into it.

You can eat a big salad on keto, just leafy greens, a dressing made out of olive oil, vinegar and garlic. Throw in some mozzarella, olives (pretty much only fat) and chicken breast and you got yourself a low carb meal with lots of protein and some fat in it.

>lots of protein and some fat
>keto
Should be the other way around

Also, don't underestimate garlic. There are like 4g carbs in a clove.

Keto is about restricting carbs so your body goes into ketosis.
The fats are there to satiate you. You don't need to gargle mayonnaise.

It's not a meme, I do it on every big cut. It pretty effective at killing my appetite and preserving muscle.

Also, I like the energy surge and muscle fullness I get when I start eating carbs again.

It can work and be healthy but in general it's a subpar diet. There's a reason it has only been used as a medication for a few diseases until very recently with the "carbs r bad" trend.

I don't understand keto. It's difficult to reach ketosis and it's difficult to stay in ketosis. Why wouldn't you just eat a natural diet?

Your only reason not to do it is that it's difficult? You don't understand why people would do something that's difficult? I don't mean this in a mean way but that's really sad.

Lmao are you kidding me?
Difficult because babby needs muh mac and cheese?
Women get into ketosis in 48h, men in about 72.
You keep your carbs under 20-50g a day and boom you're in.
Obviously if you try to count the carbs in a bowl of pasta or do otherwise retarded shit itll be harder. Just eat real food.

>it's a subpar diet
Why?

>It's difficult to reach ketosis and it's difficult to stay in ketosis.
No, it really isn't. You just don't want to, and that's fine.

Don't tell me what I do and don't want you motherfucker. Suck off my dog.

I think for people that are really fat, it's a good entrance into the fitness world. But eating like that will fuck you up later down the road so in short, no but CICO needs to be applied

It's a very easy diet to follow and you don't even have to count calories

Subpar in general because many nutrients are better to take in plant form and ketosis forbidds a big intake of those, it's harder to stay healthy. Also your brain highly prefers to use glucose so many people feel less alert/energetic without carbs. And it isn't even better for losing weight, only if it actually allows you to eat less calories.

>I like the energy surge and muscle fullness I get when I start eating carbs again
Why is this not discussed more? After doing keto for months and drowning yourself in carbs again it feels like doing a huge line of cocaine and you literally feel the water flowing into your muscles as you work out

Grab some vitamin pills problem solved

Because fit can't live without junk food.

>because many nutrients are better to take in plant form and ketosis forbidds a big intake of those
Which ones would that be?

>Also your brain highly prefers to use glucose so many people feel less alert/energetic without carbs.
Not according to my personal experience. Not that anecdotes are worth anything, so I'll have to ask for a source.

>And it isn't even better for losing weight
Wrong: nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa022637 sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022347602402065

Supplementing is always the worse option. Some things like vitamin D are a good idea for almost everybody but if you're not getting enough C fucking eat an orange.

Those studies are with obese people and not isocaloric though. If you count calories macros are completely irrelevant, that's why I said it will only help you if you actually eat less than if you ate a normal diet. About the brain thing, you can just look at any source (why else would your body not produce ketons until it's out of backup glycogen and even then still keep a constant blood sugar level) and it's hugely anecdotal, if you feel fine go for it. Just saying it might be a thing to consider.

Broccoli and kale are rich in vitamin c

Keto made my pussy smell like garbage. Yeah, I could have washed my pussy, or not used it to store garbage. And maybe I would have had to try keto in order to legitimately assign blame to it. But if we bein real niggas right now, it was keto.

Keto does make your breath and pussy smell

Fun fact: "Keto" derives its name from "Kissing Jared Leto," because Jared Leto's lips are made out of meat.

>Which ones would that be?
glucose lol

It wasn't the meat of the pussy that smelled, it was the air bubbling out of it. So technically it was my pussy's breath that smelled. That and the balls of doo doo caught in my pubic hairs as a consequence of my back-to-front wiping technique.

keto is the biggest scam on earth if you want to look like the guy in the pic. that motherfucker didn't get like that doing keto

that being said... if you want to be a healthy, lean, unimpressive looking soft-body then keto is for you

it's works, but it's mad restrictive and your selection of food gets old after a while

that said, it fucking great when it comes to controlling hunger levels.

You get to eat 20g carbs a day, those take care of all your glucose needs.

Keto is a marketing stunt by the meat, dairy and eggs industries. It's actually a plain rebrand of Atkins, which the average American is too fat and braindamaged to remember. It appeals mainly to gullible fat idiots and other assorted nutritionally illiterate chumps. Keto is tremendously unhealthy which is the only real upside, in that the people doing it deserve the assorted health problems that they are so desperately asking for with their idiocy. Whenever I hear of another low-carber having a heart attack or getting diabetes type 2 I cook up a big batch of rice to celebrate. Unfortunately Americans are already so fat and diseased that it will be difficult to make out all the additional deaths over the coming years and decades.

Shave pubic hairs next time

Oh, so I just paint my pussy lips with a nutty streak of doo doo butter? What I need to do is start wiping front to back. You're putting a band-aid on a bullet hole.

That's retarded. Keto only works because you don't technically need carbs/glucose. Your body will start breaking down protein/fat and produce glucose to meet the needs.

And if you exceed the amount of proteins your body needs they get converted into glycerin, thus busting your Ketosis this is why people advise 60% of your macronutrients come from fats

>you don't need glucose
>your body will produce glucose to meet the needs
what needs? the needs for glucose?

Well yeah, stop smearing shit on your pussy that's a weird thing to do.

Are you illiterate. You don't need to EAT!!! carbs.

vegan faggot spotted.

type 2 diabetes from keto? you're a fucking idiot. keto is generally great for health *especially for people with diabetes*. it is absolutely shit for having a large, impressive physique, though

I'm not smearing shit on my pussy, I'm wiping my asshole. Yes, shit gets smeared on my pussy when I do that, but it's not like I walk into the bathroom like "Hey butthole, I feel like smearing some doo doo on my pussy. Slide me out a slice?"

Meant glucose not glycerin, must be having a stroke :^)

Shit before showering, problem solved.

Nope, already shit in the shower and wipe with my hand. Next?

Show some tits or whatever then.

Why? Doo doo doesn't get on those, how would that help me? I mean doo doo gets on the underboob a lot because I often need to scratch when I'm wiping. Want to see that?

High-fat diets cause insulin resistance which is not something you want, especially as a diabetic. Of course if you don't eat any carbs then there is less opportunity for the insulin resistance to show itself. That doesn't change the fact that these people can't digest a potato without going blind. Since high-fat diets also cause heart disease, stroke, etc., they are obviously not sustainable long-term.

yes it's a meme just eat your fucking vegetables it's not hard to lose weight god damn

Yes, my friend is doing a study on girls smearing shit on themselves. Your contribution would be appreciated.

Again, not smearing shit on myself. Wiping shit out of my butt. A lot of it just gets on my vagina and boobs by accident.

Are you fat?

[ ]

No, what I am is now called "beautiful."

Pics, I'm about to have a fap and not picky.

OK. I feel I have to be honest though. The pussy I'm talking about? The one I wipe a lot of my feces into? It's, um, new. Newer than the rest of me, if you catch my drift.

I've already fapped to Chris Chan's hole before, not picky as I said.

OK well. So you seem like a nice guy. Sorry I'm breaking all this to you in pieces but I'm really shy about it. So you know that pussy I've been talking about? The one most of my doo doo goes into? The one that's new? Well... it's so new that its birthdate is in the future. But I do pretend that I have it already. Still want to see the site of my future pussy?

Yes.

OK this is me. So nervous!!! Now there's one other thing about me that I didn't tell you yet. I hope you can't tell from my picture, but if you can, I'm sorry. I hope you can still fap to me.

>no visible knot
Hard to work with, but yes I can.

Dumb people go nuts with it and get constipated when they have eggs with cheese and mayo five times a day. It's important to eat a lot of vegetables and lettuce to get your fiber in.

>disgusting concoctions like putting a butter stick in chicken broth

that sounds tasty though, it's like a soup

Or eat raw chicken like normal people do to get liquid shits making it much easier

>Your body will start breaking down protein/fat and produce glucose to meet the needs.

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. your body does not convert fat/protein into glucose unless you eat WAY TOO MUCH protein

not a meme.

Please do tell me how your body keeps a constant bloog sugar level while fasting. Does it magically appear inside your veins? Do you breathe it in?

Retard.

Yeah, that retard totally doesn't know about bloog.

Meh typos happen. He's still an actual retard.

Oh shit. Um, haha, yeah! I was being ironic. It's not that I heard you say bloog and was afraid that it was a real thing that I never heard of and tried to cover it up by accusing someone else of not knowing about it. No WAY I did that.

How this?

Keto isn't totally a meme, but it is taking things to extremes. I race road bikes, I'm on a road racing team, and a couple years ago I started cutting the amount of carbs in my bike bottles in half during most of my training rides, and eliminating carbs in my bottles entirely for the shorter, aerobic-threshold-level rides. The effect was amazing, I'd found the final piece of the puzzle with regards to being able to control my bodyfat percentage at will. Eating a keto diet is taking that idea to an unnecessary extreme. All you really need to do is carefully limit carbohydrate intake, and be more thoughtful about when you're taking in carbs, and you'll be able to control your bodyfat percentage while still having plenty of energy. Over time you'll also encourage your body to grow more mitochondria, making bodyfat burning that much more efficient. Eating a strict keto diet is just too extreme and could actually sabotage you.

Why do people post stuff like this then call other people retards? The body can and will convert muscle protein into glucose in the liver. If fasting caused a total drop in blood glucose you would die. Blood glucose has to be kept very stable otherwise too little or too much and you will die literally within minutes. This is what insulin does, if you eat a lot of food it's not as if your blood glucose levels rocket, they still stay within that narrow window thanks to insulin.

Don't post garbage or flame people when you're a noob yourself.

It's a meme. No one eats so much fat naturally and its toxic.

I've always thought keto is for the lazy not wanting to count their carbs intake and just eliminate every single carb from the diet instead.

That's literally what I said. If you don't eat carbs your body will get the glucose from other sources in your body, mainly protein. Which is what he said is " the stupidest thing ive ever heard". The fuck are you calling me out instead of him.

Yeah because humans were made to grow potatoes, rice and wheat and eat a shit ton of that, amirite?

I don't know. I think I'm angry all the time because other people get to be gay but I'm too scared.

>shit ton
With your little pea size brain you don't understand how little carbs AND protein you're allowed to eat consistently to stay in ketosis. You eat even a moderate amount of meat ffs, because that instantly spikes your insulin.

Heh

Get out of the closet and be a bi fag already. No reason to be afraid, assuming you're not living in the emirates or some shit. If people abandon you they're pieces of shit anyway.

I ate heaps of meat during my keto diet without any problems

I know, but you're a little bitch pussy. You think "heaps of meat" is a 4-oz piece of tilapia.

Bottom right is during keto.
I can eat a fucking cow you faggot. Dyel?

God damn I love the internet. I can call a guy "bitch pussy" who could kill me with his bare hands. And you can pretend to be that guy. What a magical world we live in. We are so lucky. Bitch pussy, suck my skinny little dick. Same goes for all the muscley hulks in here, get fucked by your fathers then lick my little pecker.

Been more or less on it, or at least careful with the types of carbs I consume. My indigestion is gone, I have very little mental fog, I'm alert and more aggressive. I have more body hair, easier gains, smashing PR's.

Down 50 net pounds since my birthday in July, up at least 15lbs lean muscle mass since.

And stinky

You were not in keto, you were turning protein into carbs and burning it.
Proper keto is pretty crazy.

I don't have to talk to people so it's not an issue

Endurance athletes and bodybuilders have been using keto since forever.

Forever? Really? Since before primates? Since before multi-cellular organisms? Since before the formation of the universe? I don't think so, fag.

Wat? Where did you get that from?

Since concepts such as athletes and bodybuilders have existed perhaps? Kys retard

My knoledge.

I'll kys you if you want, even on your penis if you ask nicely. But I don't kys retards, they can't consent.