Is it possible to go /Patrick Batemam Mode/ with only calisthenics

I'm pretty good at bodyweight exercises, but weight-lifting is too costly, inconvenient, and most importantly, dangerous for my taste. I'm not interested in being FUARKIN' HUGE, just lean and defined. Can I attain that with only calisthenics and the occasional supplemental weight added to my bodyweight exercises?

Yes if you do some bar brothers tier shit

probably close, but you'd need to be advanced af.

You've been jacking off to too many roid monkeys, mate
Bateman is "fucking huge" for a natty guy (which Bale certainly wasn't).

Calisthenics won't get you there anymore than lifting a 1 lb weight 1000 times means you can lift a 1000 lb weight once.

Whats the limit you can get with just calisthenics/body weight work?

The limit is very high if you're really dedicated

Tyler Durden mode with smaller arms probably.

Look up FitnessFAQs on youtube, he's a natty calisthenics dude, nice videos and he is big+lean

he is doing pretty advanced stuff though

Ever wonder why you can find information on how Bale got skinny as fuck for The Machinist (one tuna can, one apple, black coffee), but you can't find any information about how he got muscular for American Psycho or beefy for Batman Begins?

That's because he juiced, and nobody talks about juicing.

>most importantly, dangerous for my taste.
What did he mean by this?

Of course he juiced
It's Hollywood, not the Olympics
No one cares. It's not illegal.

He trained like fuck everyday and had some "chemical assistance". It wasn't some magic routine.

yea and OP is asking if you can become Bateman with natty + calisthenics.

Sorry. I know I worded that poorly. I just meant that I fear weight-lifting, because many lifts (deadlift, squat) can cause bad injuries or hurt your spine.

What did he look like before he got big for American Psycho? Everyone says you need to build a solid base before juicing and if you do it while you're skinny you're just wasting your time.

>because many lifts (deadlift, squat) can cause bad injuries or hurt your spine.
You think some of the advanced calisthenics crap can't?
If you want to be big, you're going to have to force your body to work hard.
For regular weightlifting, that means just adding more weight while maintaining maximum mechanical advantage. You're never working against your body. Only against the weight.

For advanced calisthenics, once you surpass bodyweight ability, you have to start working against your body to make it harder.
Mess that up and it's just as sure a trip to Snap City.

You honestly sound like a pussy then, and will never have the willpower to do an advanced calisthenics workout.

You most definitely can but you need to do harder and harder exercises. Doing 1000 pushups won't make you grow, doing one arm push ups then one arm one leg push ups then elevated one arm push ups etc will make you grow.

best i can find without downloading the movie and grabbing a shot myself, but this was 2 years before filming American Psycho.

2 years is enough time to get to Bateman physique from there though is it not? Bateman body is my goal. I'm 5'7" 140 with probably 15% body fat. Right now I'm purely focused on getting my lifts up because everyone says that's the best way to start. But I honestly don't care about my numbers I just want to look and feel good. I'm extremely impatient. Not saying I'm trying to jump on roids, but I wouldn't be opposed to run 1 test cycle 10 months from now to speed this shit up and never touch gear ever again after that. Not saying that's what I'm gonna do but it is a kick in the knackers how long it takes to get bigger.

actors have unlimited time and resources to prepare for a role, and Bale is a bit of a real-life psychopath who puts 100% into everything. If you're deadly serious about it then yea you'll be adding muscles and look fantastic in 2 years. If you're like most people, it'll be a long process. Try to be patient with it.

My buddy is 6'2 and very big after years of bodyweight. He started doing it a long time ago though, took like 5 years and now that he goes to University he uses actual equipment. He was insanely dedicated though.

So what do you think, keep building strength until I hit 1/2/3 plate or close to it and then move on to a hypertrophy based program? Like I said strength is nice but is not my main goal.

Depends how big and how heavy you are/wanna get

do calisthenics with myo reps, everyday, you will get jacked no matter what

Holy fuck. That guy has videos from 7 years back. Ya, talk about dedication.