Why do I blackout when I drink?

Why do I blackout when I drink?

> Be me
> Be 30
> If I have around 10 drinks in a single night I'll blackout, either entirely or just some parts of the night

Only reason I ask is that I used to have like 15 drinks in night and was fully functional and could remember everything.

Last night I had 8 or 9 drinks, and I blacked out much of the night.

Why the fuck is this happening to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2011/09/06/health/women-drinking-daily-health/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hmmm consult the sticky for this Veeky Forums related issue

yeah yeah I know. It's just that fit has so much health knowledge, I figured this place would give me the best answer!!

The more times you black out the more susceptible your body becomes to black outs, I use to drink half a litre of vodka and half a 30 rack and now I can barely get past 10 beers without blacking out. It's a self defense mechanism in your brain to preserve your life.

whoa. So you're saying it's only going to get worse?

i forgive you as you posted this picture

I got tons nigger. Like hundreds of photos on my computer.

Bumpity bump

I would hit that shit like Rocky Balboa. I'd hit that shit so hard her pussy would become a black hole that even time (theoretically) could not escape.

like dayum.

This is because you've done damage to your liver that's what happens when you're an alcoholic binge drinker

How much alcohol is a "drink"? Count the amount of strong liquor (40%) used for one, some have 30 ml each, others like long island can have 120 ml per drink.

My guide as a slav would be eat as much as you can before and don't mix alcohols if you have a weak head, ever. Oh, and stay hydrated, drink whatever non-alcoholic beverage you can get your hands on.

I still do mix alcohols, but I can take in between 0,5 to 1 liter of vodka depending on a day, so that doesn't impact me that much, but the difference is huge really. The most I've drunk was a bit over 0.5 l of home brewed spirit (80%), but no other alcohol else that day. Slept for 4 hours, went for a bus all fresh and sober. If I end up as a last standing at a party I will likely finish whatever is standing on the table, so those 6+ alcohol types really fuck with my head. I have never blacked out before, but after such episodes I have serious mix up of the events last night, can't recall half for shit.

To make it short:

>don't mix alcohols
>eat a lot BEFORE
>stay hydrated

If you blacked out

How do you know how much you drank?

Dude I drink about 3 - 5 drinks a week. About 2x a month I'll go out and do a 5 - 10 in one night scenario.

I think I'm in a pretty healthy zone.

Thanks brother.

I'm thinking it was because I had not slept much the night before. I heard this makes a blackout more likely.

How does one blackout? All I can do is puke?

I shit blood as part of my hangovers now. Been drinking hard (1-3 litres of wine a night) for about a decade.

Dr. Fit, am I dying?

switch to phenibut, only drink 1 or 2 mich ultras when u go out.

Basically it's like this, your drinking having a good time, the night builds up as you consume a bit more and a bit more.

Then you just wake up. In a bed, on a friends couch. You look at your clothing, your hands. Sometimes you have stains on you. You reach for your wallet and keys and make sure you did not lose them.

Then you slowly rise and walk over to the mirror, drink a lot of water. Feel like this.

Then you immediately wonder what happened and what you did. Sometimes it's nothing you just talked to people then took an Uber home. Other times you did some fucked up shit like fight someone, insult someone, lie down in the street. My brother got drunk in college and proceeded to walk into the school cafeteria naked. There were like 100 students in there.

Jesus that's a bad sign man. The alcohol is eating up your insides. Especially wine, because its very acidic.

I suggest you go down to one glass a day unless you want some form of cancer or illness of the gut.

>I'm in a pretty healthy zone
>drinks 5 days a week
>gets blackout drunk twice a month

Yeah you're not an alcoholic you're totally healthy

Diminished liver function. Happens over time and with age.

If you clean up your diet and do cardio it should slowly improve.

Also, consider drinking straight liquor instead of drinks. It's really best for you. I feel absolutely fucked and tired after too much beer, can't stand it. I feel like it might be because they are carbonated, so if you are drinking some kind of carbonated soft drink with alcohol mix, try to switch to straight or some variation with juice.

Doctors recommend that a single alcoholic beverage with dinner is good for you on multiple levels....

I rarely eat vegetables, I think this could be a problem.

Whenever I drink a lot of alcohol, I always consume milk thistle, a lot of b vitamins, and stay hydrated. I almost never black out, but when I do,I didn't do what I just mentioned.

does this mean if I never black out that I have good liver function?

No they don't.

You get smashed every night and now you're 30 and can't handle it like when you were younger and also are slowly killing off every vital process in your body and you come to complain to the fitness board you can't drink more.

Either clean up and quit alcohol altogether or cut short your suffering and ours by killing yourself now.

>Then you immediately wonder what happened and what you did. Sometimes it's nothing you just talked to people then took an Uber home. Other times you did some fucked up shit like fight someone, insult someone, lie down in the street. My brother got drunk in college and proceeded to walk into the school cafeteria naked. There were like 100 students in there.
interesting. if you did that in modern times somebody would call the police immediately and you would be arrested and your life would be ruined

Preparation friendo.

I do a little work out session the day I'm going out drinking. Nothing too much just a quick blast of every muscle group for a little pump.
Eat a BIG dinner, lots of veggies, sweet potatoe, red meat and some whole milk to wash it down. Fats are important in stalling alcohol and it's effects.
When I'm out I start on spirits from the start. The high alcohol % shuts down your pyloric valve in you're stomach reducing alcohol absorption helping you go the distance. For each new bar or club you go to, get a 'hydration pint' [READ] Pint of water. It keeps you going and I've got 31 years drinking experience.

You're not getting old, you're getting sloppy. You're not a student anymore, we can't do that shit like we used to.

Try sipping a glass of water between each drink. You're obviously not handling that amount of alcohol at the speed you're consuming it.

Also -- quit binge drinking.

no, no alc is good for you.
alc is considered a toxin, no amount is good.
your body can handle a certain amount with little to no effort - that doest make it healty nor do doctors recommend alcoholic beverages

Yeah, dark leafy green and broccoli are good for your liver. So are a variety of minerals.

Possibly. The amount and how quickly and the type of alcohol all factor in to blacking out.

I assume you're misguidedly remembering a study on the consumption of wine wrong.
It's a glass of red wine that's considered good for your heart, and it's not even the alcoholic content that does that.

So no, there's absolutely zero benefit to any kind of alcoholic bevrage, as far as your health is concerned.

Your body actually makes a small amount. That's how humans evolved to process it. A glass of wine is actually good for you a few times a week.

Your liver is probably damaged from so much booze and can't handle alcohol as easily as before, you should really stop drinking that much and if you can't seek help. You could die of alcohol poisoning or in an accident while blacked out, it's really common.

What can you tell me about Phenibut? Should everyone take it?

every time you blackout, you're giving yourself brain damage.

if you blackout more often than not, you're an alcoholic.

food for thought.

Lol why do people project so much on Veeky Forums. Is it for the lols?

Again, as I mentioned multiple times in the thread, I have a single beverage most days, but twice a month I'll go out for an evening and drink in the 5 - 10 range of drinks.

The first part is 100% fine. The second part is a bit much, but not terrible.

thx man

cnn.com/2011/09/06/health/women-drinking-daily-health/

Would you look at that, faggots BTFO.

I got the same issue. When i was in my teens and drank with my friends ,from time to time i had to throw up because of the alcohol but rarely got a blackout.
Im now in my early 20s and I never throw up from alcohol anymore, but most of the time when i drink i forget almost the entire night. I would love to know why that changed.
This post sounds like im a crazy alcoholic but i usually only drink once every few months (weddings, birthdays...)

EXACTLY.

This is what's happening. I'm still me, usually handling myself just fine, but no fuckin memory of the night.

Absolute nonsense kek

yeah it does, once you start blacking out it never stops

means you're a seasoned binge drinker lad

Yeah it is recommended - it actually takes quite a few drinks daily to match up to the mortality risk of total abstinence.

>The high alcohol % shuts down your pyloric valve in you're stomach
1. There is no such thing as the pyloric valve
2. If there were it would actually just delay the alcohol hitting but it would hit exactly the same
3. If there were it would massively raise your risk of oesophageal cancer.

Not true, literally not at all.

Nothing changed other than your drinking practice; blackouts are caused by large spikes in blood alcohol which depress hippocampal acitivty which turn short term memories into long term. With time you have clearly just tended to change your drinks to heavier ABV, eating less or just drinking quicker.

Next time just space your drinks properly and eat and you'll notice you can get ass wasted with no memory loss.

Idk you fucking alcoholic, try drinking less.

You're an absolute fucking idiot.
Alcohol is literally poison.

This is typical alcoholic talk.
>"Hey I'll just have a few drinks I'm actually being healthy right now"
>literally loses sentience

I know that your addiction is clouding your thoughts but holy shit at least try to use your fucking head. You really think this is healthy behavior?

There was some study that showed that every time you black out it becomes easier for it to happen again. I dunno if it was from a physical response or just binging more and harder over time but it tends to increase over time. Scary shit. Alcohol is the worst drug.

Thanks for posting this man, I really needed a reality check and your criticism put things in perspective for me.

ah ha ah ho he ha ha

> alcohol is the worst drug
> doesn't mention meth, crack cocaine, or heroin

okey dokey

>one drink is the same as a binge session
>thinking there aren't people who can stop after one

We don't all have fat fuck mentalities around here

yeah I'm pretty suprised at this many people on Veeky Forums going "omg alcohol is the devil, never drink!"

Alcohol could be put at the top of the food pyramid next to sugars and oils (sparingly)

>I think I'm in a pretty healthy zone.

No son, you're a fucking idiot. Please do not pass on your genes.

I have 7 kids from 2 women. Also I hide in the bushes near womens homes and jack off.

>Dude I drink about 3 - 5 drinks a week. About 2x a month I'll go out and do a 5 - 10 in one night scenario.

Holly shit dude where you adopted by an alcoholic and a meth head from a dumpster or something?
In no part of the world is that considered healthy. Get professional help

Also I knowingly gave a woman herpes

>my meme poison is good for me in small doses

Maybe try microdosing bleach next

Are you on any medications? Some antidepressants and anxiety meds can cause this.

>Dude I drink about 3 - 5 drinks a week. About 2x a month I'll go out and do a 5 - 10 in one night scenario.

YOU ARE NO LONGE 18 YEARS OLD. Stop acting like one, it's not biologically or psychologically healthy. Just stop.

>Why the fuck is this happening to me?

Because you're getting older. That's why hangovers are worse as you age

Honestly I don't black out unless I drink liquor. I stick to decent craft beers and I can nurse one all night for less calories than liquor plus a bunch of mixers, as well as be safer/more legal while not getting insanely trashed. I'm 29 fwiw

I never knew about high % closing the pyloric, what I've been told is that very high % alcoholic drinks encourage the stomach lining to produce a mucus that slows down absorbtion - why you can get pissed with wine quick (beer is just too weak to get drunk at all) but spirits are quite slow acting despite being higher concentration.
>1. There is no such thing as the pyloric valve
There is a pyloric sphincter which some people refer to as a valve.
One theory is rapid blood alcohol increase not the amount itself. Pace yourself and start with a few weaker warm up drinks

No no meds.

sux man

true, it's the liquor that's the trouble.

just stop drinking you faggot

Maybe it's because you're drunk?

I used ot just puke too until you've gotten to that point enough that your body just cna handle it.

I had and still have a pretty bad drinking habit but I'm still in college so it's ok for now. Last year it was way worse, but everyone once in a while blacking out is hilarious if you're with your friends and not weird. I generally just do stupid shit that people laugh at which is fin but I know people who get annoying as fuck and become a liability when they're blackout drunk.