What is this technique called?

what is this technique called?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WR35oxh-81w
youtube.com/watch?v=BOeRI6MDyns
instagram.com/p/BTKhHsIBoey/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Isn't that powerlifting?

a legit powerlifting technique even though it looks retarded...

>what is this technique called?

'Extreme incline press'

Cheat arch for the bench. It's legal in powerlifting but it's retarded as fuck.

Touching your bar to your sternum and pressing it up until your elbows are locked, without moving your head, back and butt off the bench and keeping your foot placement the same until you are done.

why even bother at that point? surely he doesnt think anyone would be impressed seeing this video and hearing him boast about a PB?

that's how you break records

Cobra style

Its called cuckpress

Shouldn't there be a rule? I mean, I know zero about power-lifting, but that guy only moved that weight about 1.5 inches. If his back was flat, it would have to travel a much greater distance.

It doesn't seem like a demonstration of power, it seems like fucking around.

Also how you make sure nobody takes powerlifters seriously.

Well, there are already rules in place for the bench, and they make a lot of sense. Your shoulders and butt need to be on the bench and your feet need to be on the floor, not touching the bench. Your back doesn't have to touch the bench because you naturally have an arch if you have the right form. These are clear cut rules, that make it pretty apparent how you should bench but also makes it easier for people who just say fuck it and instead of increasing their bench, they increase their spine mobility to have a bigger arch. Trying to ban the cheat arch is not possible without including some sort of framework about how far away your back is allowed to be from the bench, which would make it very awkward to judge. The only way you could remove the cheat arch without such thing, is making it a rule to put up your legs in the air during the bench, which would lower the impact of the bench on your total even more, making it practically useless to be part of the competition.

Some people just say to ditch the bench.

I'll add a counterpoint to this user's post:

The rules apply, and to those who are able to exploit them with extraordinary spinal mobility, kudos. However, you typically only see this shit with the lighter weightclasses where they cannot add any more bodyweight so they max out leverages. Same thing with the little guys pulling super-wide sumo deads that travel like 4 inches to lockout.

Go up to the 181+ (pounds) weightclasses and all the weird leverages drop off.

Hubbard in the 83kg division, still has a retardedly big cheat arch.
youtube.com/watch?v=WR35oxh-81w

But I know what you mean. Though if you look at the 105-120+ divisions, they just shorten the range of motion by having bigger bellies.

Powerlifters do it so they can lift fuckhueg weights, not for the approval of ignorant normies like yourself. You can't go round telling people how much they can arch because that just doesn't work. Ass and upper back on bench, heels on floor, bar touching chest and returning to lockout. This is a powerlifting bench press. If you think the world record holder in bench (Kirill Sarychev, 335kg) who presses over a huge ROM because he is so tall, isn't arching as hard as possible or should minimise his arch so as to be more impressive and valid to you, a non lifting dweeb, you're fucking delusional.

the snap city gatekeeper

Despite the weight you look like a fag while doing it and doesn't actually count because you took a shortcut to do so.

try harder

Shut up nigger people don't take power lifters serious because they cheat and look like fat fucks

it's true though, guy in OP looks fucking retarded. Don't try to convince yourself otherwise, powerlifting ego-monkey.

there are extremes in every sport,doesn't mean the whole sport is retarded, which is what he implied
if you check out respectable powerlifting contests their technique is pretty good, and actually looks much cooler compared to normal bench
youtube.com/watch?v=BOeRI6MDyns

This guy clearly doesn't have his ass on the bench so it's not a legit lift.

kek that deadlift setup

socliosis

It is an attempt to bend the rules to fundamentally change the lift.

We could probably avoid all of this with the simple rule that the tip of the elbow must cross the bottom of the bench cushion.

>my gym bench 'counts' more than than the guy who actually went and competed in a sporting competition and whose completed lifts were found to have followed the rules of that particular sporting competition

Omfg his fucking bench. Judging from his deadlift his wing span is pretty big. How is 200kg bench possible from a 82kg man?

>How is 200kg bench possible from a 82kg man?
by having a 2 inch ROM

Ideally for the safety of the shoulder the humerus should only come to parallel with the bench. Limb lengths also come into play.
I have reasonably long arms, take a
medium grip, and arch minimally, but because of my fuckhuge rib cage, my elbows don't travel below the bench. Your suggested rule wouldn't work.

I ran a marathon and to do it in good time I started a 100 yards from the finishine but still counts

This guy is going to fuck up his spine.

Thus guy is Eddie Bergland. Has multiple world records in the ipf so yes he clearly has his ass on the bench

I watched some videos of him and i'd still say his ass is not touching the bench

Berglund* The guy trains in a gym 20 minutes away from me.

I get the discussion, it clearly makes the lift a lot easier. Still it is within the rules of the ipf and of Powerlifting, reducing rom that much may seem a lot easier but one still has to actually learn how to arch like that. Getting this flexible is actually respectable.

Wew autocorrect. Mirin dude
Met his at the epf

Decline Bench Press on the Flat Bench

I guess it happens to him once in a while, it seems like he has changed his technique a little bit since he got red lights for his butt leaving the bench at the European championships.

His latest bench world record from yesterday. Butt seems solid on the bench
instagram.com/p/BTKhHsIBoey/

That angle would be a decline press. Not incline

replace bench with OHP tbqh

Does anybody have that gif of the really terrible deadlift?