Who stopped smoking weed?

Who here had a problem with smoking weed and stopped?

This is my only vice, I know it's bad for me (makes me awkward and depressed) but somehow I always get sucked back into it, and since its relatively mild I can always justify it to myself. Any success stories from people who stopped?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prinzmetal's_angina
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In the same boat, usually I have plenty of willpower but I just love the feeling of being high. My only issue is sometimes it makes me tired and not want to go to the gym. Yes I know I'm a pussy lol

how hard is it to simply not buy weed and not hang around useless potheads?

Stopped for a year, didn't change my depression. Now I do it every now and then with my pals

>be me, weed smoker
>go to uni
>3rd year start to struggle, failiure imminent
>realize if i just pull through 1 more year i can literally smoke weed all fucking day for years
>kick the habit and study as hard as i can
>graduate
>now think of weed as degenerate and want to have nothing to do with it.

i suggest you find a similar drive.

>problem with smoking weed

Congrats on graduating high school this June OP

Stopping doing something isnt going to make you magically more productive or happy unless the reason you want to stop is just to stop. Most people just find something else to cling to. People stop smoking and turn to drinking. People stop playing games and watch netflix.

Either learn to be okay with what you do or stop AND make it a goal to do something else. Keep smoking and be happy or stop AND focus on your social skills/depression.

It has no contribution to make to your life. Unless you are dying of cancer.

Replace weed with the gym.

>tfw european
>tfw literally every joint is 50/50 tobacco/weed
how do americans do it? this shit would get so expensive if you smoked it on its own. that's literally the only reason I don't smoke weed anymore, because I quit cigarettes and I'm too poor to smoke weed on its own.

I smoked every day for almost seven years.

Then last year I stopped for almost an entire year.

I started eating and smoking again recently.

I don't drink so I view smoking weed at the end of a day to be relatively harmless. As long as you've been productive in some area, it's not that bad. Stay away from "wake and bake", and try to monitor consumption as its easy to start using more and more.

Now I don't feel anxious if I go a day without it like I used to.

I stopped because it was making me anxious when I would smoke. I really don't like smelling like weed. I felt like because people could tell through the scent and my bloodshot eyes, that they would treat me condescendingly. This branched into me avoiding eye contact with most people as I was subconsciously ashamed of smoking weed. Eventually, I developed an aversion to looking people in the eye when talking, especially when responding to their questions. After I quit, I started re-training myself to maintain eye contact.

So eventually It just stopped becoming worth it. Especially after I got pulled over and accosted by some cops for smelling like weed. They tried to search my vehicle and take away my licence even though I was sober at the time.

Now when I smoke, it's not as big of a deal. Granted, I'm not going out in public too much when high, but it's not a big deal if I am high to look people in the eye and not be embarrassed of the fact that I smoked.

However, I have to say that eating cannabis oil is the greatest decision in regards to getting high. There's no smell, no bloodshot eyes, and a rice-sized amount of oil gets me high for over 5 hours. Also, there's no combustion so the harmful effects on the lungs is reduced.

I agree, the only time that my depression got seriously better was when I made it a mission to improve it, it never just got better from an one thing, I had to really focus on it. Eating healthier, working out, generally trying to be positive, being productive and passionate about work, and not smoking all in an attempt to not be depressed. I still have all these habits, but the thing that pulls me back in is smoking. I think its the desire to be in some different state of consciousness, which is fun at first but then I regret it.

Did you have to set up any limits for yourself at first to not get pulled back into smoking all of the time, or was that not a problem?

I stopped smoking a lot of weed when I moved from Massachusetts to South Carolina for school. I continued for a year or two when I got here, but now I'm a junior and I pretty much never smoke anymore. Maybe it's just cause I was in high school and didn't care, but there's such a difference in the culture when I moved to South Carolina, it was depressing. You're basically labeled a loser if you smoke weed down here, and the police will literally ruin your life if you get caught. There's such a stigma about it, but even in college, there aren't many social people I know that smoke weed and aren't complete losers. It's just not like that in places where it's legal, like Massachusetts and Cali and Washington.

It's really all about drinking down here, and that's pretty much what I do, cause at least it's legal, and social, and fun. All the hot southern belles down here will light up if you buy them a drink, but they'll disown you and warn their friends if you try to smoke weed with them.

I stopped smoking weed about a year ago.

I don't know why but the last few times I smoked I either got the spins or couldn't function at all. I smoked for 6 years prior but out of nowhere it just started to fuck with me.

Now I just buy maybe 2 or 3 cigars every week if I want to unwind and smoke something.

I used to be a massive stoner, would spend every Friday and Saturday blazing with friends and would get at least mildly high every single evening.

Hardly smoke it at all nowadays, maybe 2 or 3 times per year. It slowly turned me into a fat loser with no motivation to do anything, that was fine when I was 18-21 but I'm 27 now and can't have my life being a mess.

because down here, weed is 'nigger shit'.

although, I hope you're in charleston, the last bastion of civilized white society in the otherwise shithole state.

I used to smoke every three to four hours, tore through a half o every week.

Eventually I stopped because it was causing anxiety problems, so it's not of much help. But what I can say about weed is that while you may feel "addicted" to the feeling of being high, the actual chemical dependency is very very low. I have gone months at a time of smoking every day and then stopped cold turkey and never noticed any withdrawal problems or cravings afterwards - and this is coming from someone with just about the worst genetics for addiction you can have.

If you are dabbing often though this might be different. Your body can get addicted to the CBD in oil far quicker than THC.

Basically though OP if you don't like it, quitting is easier than you think.

Easier to grow in the states, thus cheaper to buy.

This. From 18-21 the high felt pretty damn good and I was able to enter social environments like bars without feeling awkward. Now when i smoke it feels like my IQ drops to 50 and I can't function any tasks other than watching T.V listening to music. rly lost its magic.

Thanks guys this thread helped me solidify that I'm giving up getting high alone.

>Take a bunch of stimulants and red bull while studying for an exam a few weeks ago
>Get home and smoke before going to sleep
>Heart rate suddenly shoots up, beating is extremely forceful as well while chest is gradually tightening
>Think its a panic attack, but symptoms continue to worsen after 30 minutes, now feeling lightheaded and short of breath
>Go to ER
>Told that I overstressed my heart, but doctors never said if I had a heart attack or not
>Cut out stimulants but still smoke weed because it's my vice of choice
>Smoked fine up until yesterday where I had repeat symptoms of the first incident, although less severe.
>Didn't go to the ER this time, just waited it out.
>High wears off but chest still feels sore and tired
>tfw don't think I can smoke anymore
Fuggggggggg

It's not too addictive for me. I only smokes alone though. Smoking with people is awkward for me cause my socially anxious mind constantly obsesses over not wanting to be the "annoying when high" guy. When I'm alone I can do stupid shit like practice lift form/body weight exercises naked while fapping between sets for a test boost. (Try it. it's fun.)

If you want to stop, cut back or regain control of your consumption if you feel that you have lost it, you must change your environment.

Put yourself in a position where you are unable to continue the routine you have established.

Every time throughout that seven years that I had stopped for longer than a day, it was because I had moved and was unable to source supply immediately. There were a couple of periods where I had stopped, each up to a month because of that.

But I had no desire to stop so I continued smoking when I had found an appropriate connection.

That being said, you need to disrupt your routine.

Destroy or give away your paraphernalia. Stop hanging around with people who heavily consume and peer pressure you to enable that behavior. Move out of your current house/city/state whatever.

You might say that is unreasonable but I believe that cannabis can be an extremely placating substance if left uncontrolled. You need to develop some momentum of not using so you can start to assume a new identity beyond smoking weed every day.

Ultimately, cannabis may or may not be physically addictive but I am convinced that it is extremely psychologically addictive. I believe that most people who smoke cannabis or consume it do it equally for the high, and equally for the "ritual" and social aspects of its consumption. It is like a warm, fuzzy blanket that is so inviting especially when you have no other momentum to carry forth in your life.

So you might have to go through a period of discomfort before getting some momentum. I found it easier to distance myself when life forced me out of my comfort zone by circumstance than simply relying on my will.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prinzmetal's_angina