Anyone else fall for the foam roller meme?

Anyone else fall for the foam roller meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DL13PLdgKMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it a meme? I've never tried it before

put it in your shirt and use it as a spacer to do board press w/o a helper

its not a meme. first time i did it my back popped like a bag of popcorn at 2 minutes and 30 seconds

I fill mine with peanut butter and M&Ms so at least I have to burn some calories if I want a treat

Not a meme actually.
I use if before and after a working out and goddamn, it feels fucking great.

Now... Buying an expensive foam roller instead of doing one by yourself, is a meme.

Trips confirm:
Human dog treat

real men use a pvc pipe

I use it post-run after I stretch. I like it. It's good if you have IT band problems.

I got one for christmas. A really hard one. It's effective on my back and back of thigs. I'll definitely keep using it.

Foam roller is GOAT

in other news OP is a retard

Anyone on the enlightened rumber roller squad?

looks interesting. I got one like this and it's supposed to be the "advanced model" but that looks harder and I wouldn't mind a harder one

>tfw u think foam roller is a meme

but it is

That looks painfull af
Also looks brutal

How to use a foam roller?

>tfw it digs deep into your back muscles

>before and after a working out
>it feels fucking great
>buying an expensive foam roller instead of doing one by yourself, is a meme

way to /thread, son

Roll on foam

they cost like $40

how the fuck do I build something like this
so easily that it's not worth paying $40 to avoid the trouble?

if looking for a trator tire, sure, just buy the damn thing, but for a standard, common foam roller, no reason not to do yourself.

what's the point of those though? I totally skipped that step and just got a proper one so I never experienced it but to me seems like the bumps massaging the muscle is the reason I use the damn thing.

This. Foam rolling healed my runner's knee.

are IT band problems a meme? ive never heard of this shit

Like it's name says retard.
Use it to roll a piece of foam into a yoga mat then go do hot yoga.

e: its*

nope. There's no proof that it 100% does a certain thing but it does work, it's like placebo but actually does something just no definition as to what as of yet. I can say truthfully it would take me a good 15 minutes of warm ups before I could reach a full depth squat some days due to a desk job but if I foam roll quads, glutes, hip flexors and calves I'll reach full depth in a matter of 2 minutes. I'm not sure how it works, some people have said diverting brain functions to the sore areas when you're foam rolling and thus releasing the tightness in other areas that may be there through passive thinking ie. if your body wants to protect your hips it might tighten a certain area, if you roll your quads and cause some form of pain there it will divert that attention from your tight area to the sore area thus releasing the tight area.

Either way I don't know myself how it works and will rely on science however I do know it does work whatever it is in regards to getting the results of increases flexibility and stability.

IT band problems aren't a meme however people think foam rolling them works. It's actually tight calves and/or quads, hip flexors or abs that can cause them. Directing rolling a sore area isn't the resolution, it's usually a kinetic chain (I work generally from ground up). Tight calves can cause tight quads which can cause tight abs which can cause poor back posture then neck posture then headaches etc.

Last night I was finishing my workout and ended up rolling for nearly 20 minutes because I had nothing else going on that night. At one point I just aligned the roller parallel to my spine and lied down on it, completely relaxing my limbs and body. I just lay there for a good 4-5 minutes experiencing transcendental bliss and gently rocking and swaying.

When I got up it was like I was in a new body

atta boy. obviously thats unexplainable but you could say that about yoga. you're in the good zone and you can't understand why but if it works it works, that's what I say to people who think it's just a sham. I've done it for over a year and I've worked out without foam rolling and I just feel like generally speaking tighter and not as stable.

the point is that it feels very good. have never used one with the bumps though, maybe ill try someday

This video is a a pretty good run down

youtu.be/DL13PLdgKMA

bitch fucking please

theracane is the only thing worth doing.

Got tight hammies? Sit on one of these fuckers and youll loosen right up