Routine Rate General

let's have one of these. go

Other urls found in this thread:

simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

ABCABCX

X=Rest day

A=Pushups 3x10
DB concentration curls 3x8
Wide grip BB curls 3x8
DB curls 3x10
Skull crushers 3x8
behind the head crushers 3x8
3xF shrugs
DB incline press3x8
BB bench 3x8

B=OHP 3x8
lateral raises 3x8
front raises 3x8
Single arm linear jammers 3x10
Seated shoulder press 3x8
crunches 3x10, 1xAMRAP
plank 1xALAP

B=bulgarian split squats 3x8
calf raises 3x8
Deadlift 5x1
Pendlay Rows 3x8
Single arm DB rows 3x8

Started this 2 months ago i think i popped something in my shoulder it sort of cracks everytime i do a lateral raise

*the last segment there is C not B

Am i missing anything?

Alphadestiny's novice program with adjustions. Bulking. I also superset or giant set accessories and superset bench/row if I'm short on time. Thoughts? Opinions?

Rate please?

Monday:
Dead lift 5x5
Front squat 3x8
Ohp 3x5 ss with chin ups
Landmine press 3x8 ss with landmine row
Upright row 4x10

Wednesday:
Back squat 5x5
Romanian dead lift 3x8
Barbell row 3x5
Barbell bench 3x5
DB press 4x10 ss with curls

Friday:
Dead lift 1x5
Front squat 3x5
Close grip bench press 5x5 ss with Yates row
One arm linear jammer 3x10 ss with farmers walks

basic principles are great ofc, I just believe lateral rases, ab work, calf raises and face pulls are useless even for aesthetics but I might be wrong and you won't overtrain with 3x15
9/10
wait why paused overheads? there should be a break inbetween reps just like in the powerlifts but don't overdo it

this isn't very smart programming dude
ABCABCx should be
>chest shoulders triceps
>back biceps
>legs calfs abs
also it is smart to do all the compound movements first, then the isolation work

why not substituting bulgarian split squats with regular squats? they're nice

doesn't look boring

i have 2 dumbbells and a barbell with 15kgs of weight, no rack or anything like

for safety i do bulgarian over regular squat and deadlift i use concrete in addition to my plates

Boys help
I did SS and have huge quads but my upper body is trash but my legs are awesome and as an ex fatty have great calves too
This is my routine

Rate routine
Bench press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Incline dumbbell 3x8-12
Dumbbell flyes 3x8-12

OHP 3x5
Rows 3x5
Pullups 3xF then negatives
Lat pulldown 3x8-12
Lateral raises 3x8-12
Dumbbell press 3x8-12

Hyperextensions 3x10 and 3x10 incline sit-ups on both days

Light squatting once a week
Biceps and triceps once a week

What should I add/remove?
Or do you guys have any routine which is just 3 days a week?

Please help I just wanna look good now bored with SS desu

>Biceps and triceps once a week
why not more?

Yeah I'll add bicep curls on bench day and the other the other day thanks

Will definitely add biceps but my triceps are great compared to any other muacke in my body genetics I guess?

yeah as a rule of thumb bench and ohp are enough for triceps, rows and chins are not enough for biceps

Posted this in another thread

Monday
Squat 3x3-5 (heavy)
DL: 28free programs (2x. int. med)
Incline bench 4x5

Tuesday
Bench 6x4 (heavy)
Squat 4x5 (very light)
28 free programs for upper accesories

Thursday
Squat 5 reps of 6-8 sets (moderate volume)
DL: 28 free programs
Leg curl 3xwhatever

Friday
Bench 5x10 (Moderate volume)
28 free for upper accesories

Went from 87 kg to 80 without losing on my PL total from february to now

Feb.maxes
Squat 185 kg
Bench 112 ish kg
Deadllift 190 kg
Bw: 87

Max April
Squat 175 kg
Bench 120 kg
Deadlift 200 kg
BW: 80 kg

I know what my body responds well to so decided to mash different programmes together for different lifts. Gonna do sheiko for squats when summer comes to ascend from normie strong to kinda ppowerlifting level strong.

>A

Squats
Bench press
Bent over row
Overhead press
Chin ups

>B

Deadlift
Incline Bench press
Pull ups
Upright row
Dips

AxBxAxx

BxAxBxx

I started the candito 6 week program yesterday and the programs says there are optional exercises and accessory lifts. These being the bottom two on each day. I chose for my legs; Hamstring curls and single legged legpress. For upper body i chose preacher curl and closegrip benchpress.

Im curious as if i made a smart choice to pick those or if you guys would recommend me choosing something else or perhaps not having the optional lifts at all

>3xwhatever
unf. so masculine

Use accesories to target your weakness.

arms? sets and reps?

well my triceps and biceps are somewhat lacking so im probably doing it right then

I believe he doesn't want you to do additional triceps work but then again people say c6w is weak on the bench so this might be a good idea

I only want to life 3 days a week. What's the best bodybuilding routine for this?

Oh and I don't care about legs much, upper body only plz.

fuck the biceps dude.Do more chest since candito is very bad for benching. You literally do more back work than competition bench in the program. Not good...

pls leave

for me it's 4 since I lift 4 days per week but I get you bro. life is a bitch

even though I already know that a beginners body is full of imbalances, the secondary exercises are more for preventing imbalances in the future. Oh and the reason for paused is it hits the upper chest as the original program creater states

I've been doing Push Pull Legs x Push Pull x (legs only once/w but cycling everyday)

Push: bench / ohp (switching the order every other day), incline / flyes, side raises, triceps
Pull: rows, pullups/pulldowns, rear delts, shrugs, biceps and forearms
Legs: squat, deadlift, leg press, calves, + abs/oblique

I feel like chest is lagging behind while delts gains have been great; I feel like doing OHP and chest on the same day affect one another too much, so right now I wanna focus on chest more. I've been thinking perhaps I should move OHP and side raises to the legs day (once a week) while push day would become strictly chest and triceps, with more chest volume, perhaps add decline bench or decline pushups or dips... would that be a good way to fix the imbalance? In CBT, I always read comments like "focus on x bodypart more", etc, in similar situations, what would Veeky Forums recommend? I'm also really happy with my delts now, but moving them to only once a week will mean losing gains or will it be enough to at least maintain how they are right now?

PPL
Push:
>4-5x12/10/8 incline dumbbell press
>incline fly
>overhead press
>lat raises - front raises superset
>tricep pulldowns
>(tricep extensions if I haven't burnt out/run out of time)

Pull:
>pull ups to failure
>4-5x12/10/8 bent over rows
>hammer curls
>reverse grip barbell curls
>(deadlifts if it's not busy)
>(face pulls if it's not busy)

Legs (and abs):
>3x5 squats if it's not busy, 4-5x12/10/8 hack squats if it is
>leg extensions
>hamstring curls
>calf raises
>power plate exercises
>leg raises/window wipers

I have a really busy gym and not enough time to hang around to do more formalised bench/squat/OHP/deadlift sessions, and the above varies quite a bit, but it works out pretty alright for me if I'm eating well enough.

I'm running a PPL, but due to medical reasons I'm temporarily ditching the leg workouts. This makes my current routine PPRPPRR.

I really don't like spending two days away from the gym in a row, do you think it would be detrimental to have it be PPRPPR and just loop unevenly?

>A

Squats 3 X 5
Bench press 4 X 8
Bent over row 4 X 8
Overhead press 4 X 8
Chin ups 4 X 8

>B

Deadlift 3 X 5
Incline Bench press 4 X 8
Pull ups 4 X 8
Upright row 4 X 8
Dips 4 X 8

You hit ceps and trips enough with all those compounds besides it got Chin ups and triceps Dips for a bit of isolation.

I made slight modifications to coolcicada's PPL routine and added a progression Schenker.

who here wants to rate OP's routine?

I modified GSLP a bit to avoid doing low-bar, will this work?

-SS- denotes superset, I don't know the correct notation for that. I've supersetted shrugs to assist traps for OHP and grip strength for DL.

Program: AxBxAxx/BxAxBxx

A
3x5+ High-Bar
3x5+ Bench
3x5+ Lats
3x8+ RDL -SS- 3x8+ BB Shrugs

B
3x5+ OHP
3x5+ Rows
3x5+ DL
3x8+ Incline BP

Rules:
-Last sets AMRAP
-Progress 1.25kg/session on upper body, 2.5kg/session on lower body
-Treat hypertrophy (8+ reps) sets as upper body
-If AMRAP set hits 10+ reps (12+ on hypertrophy), double increase
-If AMRAP set fails before 5 (8 on hypertrophy) reps, deload by 10%

(Lats are lat pulldown machine until I can do 3x5 chinups. Rows are pendlay rows.)

I'm not all that qualified to critique, but since lat PD and rows both use biceps, wouldn't it be better to have curls on OHP/bench days?

Also, you have your presses consecutive; it might be better to change the ordering so you've got a lift working other muscles in between so triceps get a rest.

I'm this guy tho so I ain't exactly advanced.

For example, on Tuesday, do squats, curls, SLDL, lat PD? That way you're still not tiring your lats before the SLDL, but your back gets a rest between squats and SLDL, and your biceps get a rest before lat PD.

Are all my upper body muscles going to be hit with this program?
It's lower body and glute focused

Yeah I'm female

M
(glute activation exercises?)
squat 5x5
db OHP 3x8
db row 3x8
cable pull through 4x12-15
calf raises 4x12-15
hip abductions (optional)

W
conventional/sumo deadlift 3x5
split squats/lunges 3x8-12
db (incline) bench press 3x8
lat pull down 3x8
calf raises 4x12-15

F
squat 3x5
curls 3x8
tricep pushdown 3x8
calf raises 4x12-15
hip abductions (optional)

well you won't hit your chest enough if you do incline bench

>(glute activation exercises?)
so you want to do something like hip thrusts to tire your glutes so that they are the limiting factor on your squats/deadlifts/...? why not focus on hip thrusts instead?

the upper body frequency might just not be enough. like you can't expect your chest to grow if you only do it once per week. why not alternating horizontal and verical presses and alternating horizontal and vertical pulls. this + your arm work on friday should get you somewhere

you might wanna prioritize horizontal presses if you don't want that masculine FRAME

I'm not seeing much pectoral work; stick flat bench and/or dips in there, incline won't cut it alone.

Also, Romanian DL on the Friday would be a good addition. And on Wednesday, push the split squats/lunges further down, you don't wanna be doing those straight after DL.

pls respond

Also I realised I've got no arm hypertrophy in there, so I've added curls and skullcrushers

>I modified GSLP a bit
you're not smarter than johnny pain

>to avoid doing low-bar
shove your knees out (stretch adductors), don't go too deep, wear oly weightlifting shoues, improve ankle flexibility

>I've added curls
there are curls in the original if I remember correctly

>and skullcrushers
ok think of it like this: GSLP is (one of the) fastest way to get your bench and ohp up. if additional triceps work was useful and wouldn't cause overtraining it would be in the original program. it is not in the original program therefore just alterning bench and ohp like in ss, sl, gslp... is optimal for triceps development

Curls are one of the things he really recommend adding iirc after reading the book. But for your edit of gslp, i'd personally recommend farmers walk over shrugs

Monday
BB Bench Press
Incline DB press
Cable Flys
Dips

Tuesday
BB Deadlifts
Pull ups
Seated Rows
Lat pull downs

Wednesday
Squats
Leg curls
Leg extension
Vertical Jumps

Thursday
BB Overhead Press
DB side lat raises
Upright barbell rows
Reverse Machine Flys

Friday
Close grip bench
EZ bar preacher curls
Tricep cable push downs
Chin ups

Main lifts are 3x6 with heavy volume
Accessory lifts are 3xfailure

Been going strong for 5 months and increasing weights

My gym doesn't have the space for farmer's walks, but yeah, I agree. Just gonna have to make do until I can switch gym.

>advice on how to do low-bar
>doesn't consider the possibility that I just don't like doing them and want to train differently
Been on SS for 6 months, squatting every day; apart from a little lower back pain, my form's fine and I'm progressing as I should be, I just really don't enjoy it.

And the skullcrushers won't cause overtraining; they helped my OHP on SS, maybe they won't work here, in which case I'll take them out. But one extra lift on a 3 day program won't cause overtraining, come on man.

I'll look in to adductor stretches to incorporate in to my stretch routine though, thanks for that.

Been doing this upper/lower split for the past couple of months and have been following 531 progression on the main lifts.
Gonna start cutting in 2 weeks though. I definitely won't be able to keep doing the 5*10 BBB accessories.
Not sure what to do with the main lifts though. Keep following 531 progression or do 3*5 for a while?

Depends on the individual, in my experience: some can keep their lifts, or even progress, on a cut, whereas some can't. If you can't, yeah, switch to 3x5.

If you're not sure, just stay on 531 and start your cut on the 5 week; you'll know you need to switch if you fail on your 1 week.

pls rate, friend told me it was too much and should use different routine for hypertrophy

Thoughts on running PHAT? Program for those who haven't seen it; simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

I don't know much about hypertrophy routines, but it does look like you're at risk of overtraining. Watch Alan Thrall's video on overtraining; if you see signs that you are, cut it back. But if you're not, and you're progressing, while it might not be an optimal routine there's no reason to change.

Been doing lvysaur's 4-4-8 program plus karate twice a week. Thoughts?
I'm a beginner currently at 168lbs, 6'1",~16% bodyfat. Read the sticky and planning to cut down a little to take advantage of nutrient partitioning in a bulk.

>Bench and OHP every day
>Weekly progression by huge amounts

I can't see this being sustainable. Do GSLP, it's pretty much the same but doesn't have the two flaws above.

And I wouldn't bother cutting if I were you, just clean bulk to limit fat gain and take advantage of noob gains for as long as possible before you get fat enough that you need to cut. Also, GSLP has lower-body movements at the end of the routine, which is far better on a cut because they tend to be the lifts that drain you the most.

Thanks, I started doing SL but found my legs were ballooning far too much compared to the rest of my body, and squats first just hindered the other lifts.

I hadn't really paid attention to the suggested progression in lvysaurs, just increased by 2.5kg each time I could like with other LPs.

I like the varying reps though, but GSLP only seems to have that with the AMRAP final sets

I'm still dyel and can barely get over 1pl8 for anything. This is the program I've been doing for the last month (haven't missed a workout yet), and I think I want to give my biceps and chest some more love as they look underdeveloped to me. How can I add to this workout to hit my biceps and chest more? Just add another bench press somewhere? I don't know enough to not fuck up this routine by adding something in where I'm not supposed to.

Is the modified 5/3/1 that OP posted better than this program?

>Press 1
3x5 ohp
5x5 bench
3x8 DB bench
Pushups and triceps

>Press 2
3x3 bench
5x3 push press
3x8 DB bench
Pushups/triceps

>lower 1(for lack of a better word)
3x5 squat
3x10 Bulgarian lunges
30 chins
Curls

>Lower 2
Pyramid deadlifts
5x3 cleans
3x8 DB row
Reverse curls

PLxLPLx
I just want to work out five days a week.

The varying reps on Ivysaurs only seem to be there because you're working the same muscles twice in one session at heavy weights, they don't really add anything to the program.

In GSLP, the AMRAP sets are there so you can test yourself and advance as fast as possible, to take advantage of the nonlinearity of strength gains. Ivysaurs does this way suboptimally.

I can see why you like Ivysaurs, it does look kinda fun, but it's not for any good reason (that I can see) and you'd get better results (and less tricep fatigue) on GSLP.

A
Incline bench 3x8
Chin ups 3x8
Dips 3x8
Pendlay Rows 3x8
BB Curls 3x8

B
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x8
Lateral raises 3x8
Deadlifts 1x5

I only just started this this week, so if it's shit, I better find out sooner rather than later

2 years
ABABAxx
A
>db OHP 3x12
>db flat bench 3x14
>weighted dips 3x10
>db lunges 3x16
>45 minute heavy bag 30-rest-30
B
>pull ups 5x5
>chin ups 3x8
>db rows 3x10
>45 minute heavy bag 30-rest-30

Switched jogging to boxing just the past month. Best decision I've made tbhfamalambam, though I'd still jog from time to time, just not daily anymore.
I'm sweating, more out of breath, and generally feel really tired after punching shit and just go to sleep the moment I get home.

cheers thanks for the advice
do you reckon karate is enough cardio? it's 1.5 hrs twice a week and pretty intensive. Heart rate is always high while doing it

Yeah, plenty. Don't forget, lifting is cardio too, so you don't need any more unless you're endurance training.

cool thanks for your help

Sharing Mine.

np m8

Yeah I think I'll keep doing 531 without the 5*10 and not increase the weight after each cycle.

A
OHP 3x6/Bench 3x6
Incline Dumbell Press 3x10
Dips 3x10
One hand Tri Ext 3x10
Side Raise 3 x12
FacePull 3x 12

B
Squat/Deadlift 3x6
Pullups 3x8
Split Squat 3x8
Dumbell Row 3 x10
leg curl 3x12
Dumbell curl 3x10

ABxAxBx

(OP)
> Is pic related a good template?

I can't hit the gym on Wednesdays/Thursdays (alternating each day each week), bc of study schedule. So I'm thinking about doing chin-ups @ home those days.

Cool idea making weight change a variable, although I imagine you need a full set of microplates for it. Also hadn't thought of supinating the lat pulldown, gonna try that.

A: Squat 5-8x5 Bench 6-8x6 Diddly 5-8x5

AxAxAxx

Up 2% each week

>no traps
>no biceps
>no upper back
>no lats
>progression will start kicking your ass past 125lbs upper-body/250lbs lower-body
>too many sets for strength, not enough reps for hypertrophy

There's simplification like SS, then there's oversimplification like this.

> Do either squats or deadlifts each day, preferably 2:1 squats:deadlift ratio, but not both same day.
> Add chin-ups everyday.
> Set your progress ratio in 2-5/5-10lbs upper/lower body; not %.

Now you got a decent minimalist program.

Been lifting for about 5 years not super serious.
>You could have made those gains in 6mo easy!
5'7" 150lbs
>Manlets etc
I know my lifts aren't super heavy, I don't want to hurt myself
>never going to make it, no bully pls, etc

Please let me know where you think my body and routine needs improvement. I mostly super set everything.

ABxCDxE

Squats 3x6 [185 lbs]
Chest flyes 2x10 [35 lbs]
Barbell curls 3x6 [60 lbs]
Skullcrushers 2x8 [55 lbs]
Forearm curl
Bench flyes
Hanging leg leg raises 3xF
Side raises 3x16 [45 lbs]
B
Dumbbell curls 3x12 [25 lbs]
Deadlift 3x6 [135 lbs]
Lateral raises 2x10 [20 lbs]
Machine Bicep Pulls 3x6 [55 lbs]
Bench press 3x6 [145 lbs]
Db rows 3x6 [55 lbs]
Facepulls 2x10
Seat calf raise 3x16 [65 lbs]
Hanging leg raises 3xF
Pullups 3x16 or (4x12)
C
Chinups 3x16
Powercleans 3x6 [95 lbs]
OHP 3x6 [95 lbs]
DB press [60 lbs]
Core Pull downs [50 lbs]
Lat pull downs [120 lbs]
Hanging leg raises
Forearm curl [20 lbs]
D
Front Squat 3x6 [135 lbs]
Tricep extensions [20 lbs]
Hammer curls [25 lbs]
Weighted dips 3x16 [25 lbs]
Hanging leg raises
Weighted Push ups [35 lbs] 3x12
Situps 3x30
E
2 mile or 5k run

Destroy your shoulders.

Workout A CHEST/TRI
Bench press, 3x8-10
Tricep extensions, two handed, dumbbell 3x10
Dips 3xfail
Dumbell Fly 3x10

Workout B BACK/BI
Bent over barbell rows, overhand grip 3x10
Wide grip pullups, 3xfail
Chin Ups 3xfail
Dumbell Bicep curls, 3x10

ABABABxABABABx ect.

pls rate

i have no words

Absolute garbage. No leg work, no shoulder work, ridiculous volume for the muscle groups it does target. Cut it down to 4 days and make at least one day a shoulder day, dimwit.

try getting your main lifts stronger.
do sets of 5 and try to increase the weights over time.
if you can't increase the weight, do more sets, but make sure you can recover from them.
the sets shouldn't be at max effort, but roughly 2 reps short of failure.
decreasing accessoiry work a bit can help you recover for the main lifts better.

>Having a day just for shoulders

>Not having a day just for shoulders

You can't just shrug this off user

atleast rotate it

Make sure you rotate your routine every week to even out your neck gains

Lmao my b

>He thinks traps are shoulders

No, user, I think they're gay

Which lifts are accessory?

thanks

main lifts: squat, deadlift, bench, ohp, powerclean, chin-up/pull-up, weighted dip.
main lift variations: front squat, db rows, db press, weighted push-up.

rest is accessory work.

Day A:
Standing overhead press 3x6
Barbell bench press 3x6
Decline barbell bench press 3x6
Butterfly 3x6
Triceps pushdown 3x6
Weighted decline sit up 2x8

Day B:
Weighted chin ups 3x6
T Bar rows 3x6
Cable rows 3x6
Rear delt machine flyes 3x6
Weighted hyper extensions 2x8
EZ bar curls 3x6

ABABABxABABABx

Critique and rate pls

In all seriousness, could someone rate plz?

Can anyone recommend a good PPL for someone who can longer squat/dead? I have serious pain on squatting and no amount of rest is making it go away. I could try to push through but it's messing up my form bad

Just want something more aesthetics oriented and swim to make up the difference

probably gonna see better results when you hit bodyparts twice a week instead of once.

no progression at all, no variation in sets, reps, weights, or exercises, no planned deloads, nothing.

front delt raises are redundant and preacher curls are kinda shit.
calves won't grow anyway.

still, a lot better than not lifting at all.

Ignoring the lack of leg work:
Assuming you're going for hypertrophy, put all the lifts up to 8-12 reps. Also you'll want more rest days, so make it something like ABxABxA/BxABxAB.
Also put something like farmer's walks in there for forearms and grip. Shrugs and deadlifts will do too (if you wanna avoid leg work totally, maybe do RDL).
And you're missing a progression plan, although I don't know what hypertrophy programs are like in that respect, so I can't suggest one.

If you're training for strength and/or wanting to do legs at all, put that program in the trash.

I am trying to go for a mix of hypertrophy and strength.

And deadlifts are a super cool workout but I don't want to take a trip to snapcity. And shrugs wreck my triceps for some reason. But why do you suggest farmer's walks?

I take the farmers walk question back. I just looked it up and the workout benefits seems god tier. Thanks for recommendation senpai

If you're going for strength, change it; OHP and bench on same day won't work, neither will chin-ups and rows on the same day. Make these 3x5, at the start of each session, at heavy weight. And still put in the rest days. So basically do SS without the lower body work and a load of assistance exercises for hypertrophy.

>snap city
Start at a low weight, progress slowly, be super careful making sure your form is perfect; whatever it takes for you. Just do the lifts, there's a reason virtually every program includes squats and deads.

Yeah, they're the absolute best for forearm/grip work. np desu

Include 2x5, 1xF book reading for spelling gainz.

What do y'all think about this routine called 'FIERCE 5'?
Add 5kg/week for legs and 3kg or 2.5kg/week upper body work.

Is it a good hypertrophy and strength routine, mainly strength?

any actual r8 though