Was lifting really the answer to your problems?

Was lifting really the answer to your problems?

yes

Include me in the screencap

>for my posture, yes
>for my autism, no

Nah but it'll help me forget for a bit

some of them

> more confident
> no more random migraines
> no more random back pains
> no more random bouts of insomnia
> better flexibility and posture

but not all of them

> still autistic
> still hate myself

it was an answer for some of them. it also helped me on the track of general self-improvement.

More confident, healthier, got the job I wanted (It requires fitness).

I'm still an anxiety ridden mess who hates his body. But I don't think that's ever going away.

not quite

pic needs pepe to have a bigger dick

nope
pepe jesus was the answer

Yeah. definitely eliminated a lot of my problems with health and body image, and now I can focus on my next problems.

Well, lifting didn't undo all of the damage my mother did while I was growing up, so no. But at least I look better while I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the fairer sex because I'm incapable of trust now, so it's the little victories that keep me going.

underrated

It sure as hell straightened my back out. For some reason lifting makes me push my pecks out and have better posture, which makes me look bigger. So if for no other reason, I'm glad I started for that alone because it's way more comfortable and attractive to not slouch all the time.

Not all of them.

Lift the feels away isn't meme though

Yep

I'm a diabetic with juvenile kyphosis that lost 130lbs lifting so it fixed almost every negative aspect of my life.
>always have been social and funny, but lifting gave me physical confidence
>Deadlifts almost entirely fixed my back pain
>Lifting gave me the courage to break up with my girlfriend of 6 years I'd been with since I was 15
>Diabeetus in much better shape
>I could get a GF at pretty much any time

Things it didn't fix or made worse:
>Insane standards. I could get a GF at any time but so few of them are smart, funny, fit and attractive. I can not settle and it makes me very lonely but I know it's my fault for being elitist. I have the same issue with friendship to a lesser degree.
>Anger problems are worse than ever

Yes 1/2

>get called names by step dad when i was a kid
>twig, skinny, "i hate that cunt"
>threats of violence made towards me as my fat dead beat cunt of a mother did nothing
>moved into my aunts house at 17 because my mom chose him over me
>decided i wasnt going to go to anymore family dinners because i dont want to see or hear him
>only ever see my grandparents when theyre just at their house. never went to any xmas dinners/easter etx
>got into weight lifting at 17
>then got into Jiu Jitsu, boxing, and MMA with my buddy at 18
>train hard everyday. no excuses. motovated as fuck.
>went from 135lbs at 6' when i was 17 to 205lbs ripped at 22
>at 23 (last year). decide im going to family dinners again. and when i see my step dad there im going to call him a cock swallowing cum dumpster
>im there at my grandparents house, were all outside in the front yard, mom and him pullup to gate, start walking up the drive way
>i stare him down, he wont even look at me
>as he walks past me i say with sheer hate in my voice "cock sucker"
>he looks at me and doesnt do anything
>tfw he would have pushed me and threatened to bash my head in with a basebl bat if i did that when i was 14
>rest of the day i kept staring at him with hate and he wouldnt look at me
>we go inside to eat dinner
>eventually, he goes outside for a smoke break
>i slip out as well
>i walk right up to him and with shaking aggression, a moment ive been waiting for for years, what sparked my motiviation to get fit, i say "sup faggot. I hear youre still a chain smoking alcoholic, what a fucking loser you are and always have been, the rest of the family pities you"
>he sneers and says "oh so youre a tough guy now huh"
>immediately i got inches away from his face, ready to literally clock him upside, and i say "yup, what are you going to do about it"
>he takes some steps back and says he will call the police and have me arrested if i touch him

2/2

>I fucking laugh out loud and said "ah, youre a fucking coward, and your true colours come out when youre facing someone who could beat the fuck out of you"
>called him out on how i could have called the police as a child and had him arrested for child abuse but that thought never crossed my mind
>he denied ever hurting me as a child and kept denying it
>I laughed in his face, spit right by his feet, and got in his face and said "dont you ever look at me again or acknowledge my existence, as long as i see you at family dinners youre my bitch, and if you ever act up to me i will beat your miserable existence within an inch of your life"
>I went back inside and continued with the family
>he never looked me for the rest of the night, and ever since then hes so very quiet when im around and doesnt speak much

what made me feel good is knowing that if i was a kid and saod anything half that bad, he would have hurt me physically. even if i was 23 but i never touched a weight and was skinny, he would have got in my face and pushed me. but because ive trained hard and become sturdy and solid over the course of 6 years, he backed the fuck down, proving to me that people will respect you if youre physically imposing. so
yes. getting big, strong, and successful at lifting/fighting DOES fix everything. thanks for reading. thats a 100% true story

>anger problems are worse than ever
Same here and no idea why

if that's true, I can relate. and good job btw
>dad was an alcoholic and beat me as a kid
>got fit and have fantasies about beating his ass

Most excellent. Can't even put into words how happy I am for you.

Yes. I lived in an abusive home so I could defend myself and my brothers. Chicks thought I was too skinny but now hit on me. Used to not be able to do fun things cos I was weak but now I fully enjoy life. Lifting was a core factor in turning my life around

>went from 135lbs at 6' when i was 17 to 205lbs ripped at 22
70ilbs gains of muscle...no way

its possible
we're talking about five years of training
and his idea of ripped prob means 12% bodyfat, not single digits

sometimes I read stories here and hope they really did happen. this is one of them, good for you man

You should also take into account he was likely training for multiple hours a day, at least 5 days a week.

Kinda.

I feel better and look better. It's only a part of the answer though.

It doesnt solve the whole idk what I want to do with my work life problem.

I had a pretty similar step dad. Wondering if it'd be worth it to beat his ass. Heard he's dying of cancer now, as much as cancer sucks I feel no pity for him. I actually hope he beats it so he can die poor and broken

Lifting broadens your horizons and, if you liken it to a dating sim, increases the variety of flags you can trigger.

Currently Im a researcher at a uni. Could I have gotten there without lifting? Absolutely. But it wouldve taken so much longer and I wouldve been doing lesser science.

I started lifting after losing around 75lbs on keto. First female attention happened soon after. Mostly butch lesbos trying to hedge by pegging twinks, I guess.

Started lifting pretty hard. The campus gym required a class signup to use the racks and graded by hours logged. Im not some bitch that logs in and goes to class so after my lifts I would put my textbook on the treadmill to read while powerwalking.

More than anything, it gave me discipline. After an internship on campus we went to convention and I won an award at the tri-state level. That lead to some cancer research at Stanford and an undergrad position on campus that is pretty much reserved for grad students.

I never wouldve worked 10-12 hour shifts in the lab (on a stipend where more hours = less pay per hour) had I been fat. Never wouldve rehearsed the script I developed with my partner as much if I wasnt used to running for hours after being exhausted by hitting PR's on the rack once a week.

Havent been to the gym in ages to be honest. I intend to go next week once some home stuff gets settled. Gf who lives with me is gonna go too. Hoping to get her on ss so she can acquire delts like Samus.

In addition to being a full-time student and researcher, Im also doing a shitton of home improvement. Bought a house here which may as well been a forclosure. Ripped out the entire kitchen, assembled and installed new cabinets, and even did the crown molding with help from my Dad.

My life so far has been quite a journey, and Id like to say the first steps were on Veeky Forums learning about keto and ss.