Qtddtot

I dodn't see an sqt so I figured since my question was stupid, I could incormporate other stupid questions in this thread as well,

So I recently joined a gym like 10 days ago, and all I am doing now is a warm-up streaching routine and 30 pushups/20 attempt at pull ups

The trainer guy says I gotta do this until I can do 50 proper push ups, and hasn't said anything about cardio or running etc

I am 21 and skinny but that doesn't mean no unnecessary fat, I tried looking around the interwebz but almost all info is either for advanced or mumbo jumbo, I don't even get half the words.

So my question is, should I start lifting and if yes what work out's would be ideal for a skinny dude, I got a dumble lying around at home and I can probably create some weights with bag and books, also what about cardio?

Any new friend advice is welcome

>pic unrelated

I'm running a PPL, but due to medical reasons I'm temporarily ditching the leg workouts. This makes my current routine PPRPPRR.

I really don't like spending two days away from the gym in a row, do you think it would be detrimental to have it be PPRPPR and just loop unevenly?

After finally admitting I have depression and going about the usual cafuffle with my doctors I've started a course of antis and booked to see a a psych.

Question is, I started my anti on Thursday (and it's now Sunday night). Thursday and Friday saw no problems but since yesterday I haven't been able to sleep. Not completely, but I got 4hrs sleep and that was only after a 12hr shift and gym and tossing in bed for 3hrs straight. Now I've been doing the same, rolling around for the last 3hrs and am completely awake not a hint of tiredness.

Should I be worried? I work nights so a sudden change in my ability to sleep would suck.

My girlfriend is super busy and can't be around me that often, she keeps cancelling plans on me and it's making me feel like shit, everytime I message her she opens the message and doesn't respond. We're both each others first real relationship and when we're actually around each other she seems super happy and wants to be around me. I just don't get why she's doing this and what I should do.

What's Veeky Forumss opinion?

upper/lower or push/pull

Is it true that once you reach lower bf% a single kg can completely change how your face looks? Not talking about bone structure but about facial fat.

Just wait a week or two and if she doesn't text you on her own, break up with her.

I know it sounds drastic, but don't demean yourself bro. I've made the same mistake and months later realized I was always the one texting first

antidepressants can cause mania which can make you away longer than normal. Do you feel tired after waking?

I asked this in Veeky Forums and was BTFO so any Veeky Forums advice would be appreciated.

I'm a 27 year-old male, 5'9" 190lbs with a decent foundation of muscle (fucking around with weights for the past three years on and off). Upper body looks decent but alas, pooch and love handles. I don't really give a shit about hanging onto the muscle and I'm willing to lose some to get /thin/.

How much could I realistically lose within 30 days without completely fucking my shit up? In the past, I have done 1,200 calories a day plus running a 5k three times per week (which would create an additional weekly deficit of 1,200) with good results. I want to keep as much muscle as possible, so I was thinking either full-body 3 times a week ~an hour or 6-day brosplit 30 minues 6 days a week.

I want to go balls to wall to see how far down I can get, but I don't want to die. I have done 16/8 IF in the past with decent results, too. PSMF, maybe

Hanging on to ALL of the muscle I mean, fuck. I expect to lose some of course.

Yea, felt really drained this morning but after showering and breakfast it went away. Usually I stay in bed for hours dreading getting up. Might just be my body adjusting but I run on a very tight schedule with biphasic sleeping so I really can't afford to lose sleep

I am 5'7. I was able to cut weight from 195 to 150 lbs. I have been plateaued for the past month but I am still burning fat (pant size continues to go down). I have been able to increase my lift volume and I can tell my chest and arms are getting bigger.

My goal from the beginning was to get washboard abs. While my abs are visible, I still have a ways to go. I am now more than ever familiar with the concept of body building as a marathon and not a race, though I want to have the best bang for my buck for the summer that is coming along.

My plan is to eat at maintenance on lift days and to cut ~500 calories on off days for the next two months. This is as opposed to the ~500 daily calorie deficit I have been aiming for over the past 7 months. I still have stubborn belly fat and IF has been tremendous with this lately, so is this a good course of action? My rationale is that more muscle means more fat being burned, and I feel like I need to recomp because my body is still getting used to how much weight has been lost.

>Goes to gym
>isn't actually lifting
>is listening to some dumbass trainer who's literally getting paid to keep you paying and not improving
>didn't read the fucking sticky

read the fucking sticky

you sound clingy

Can I afford to winter bulk and later cut for the summer by September or so?

I'm dyel but 195cm tall, so I'm afraid I'll look skelly if I start cutting right away.

> Pic related @ 98kg no pump no flexing.

Would I burn more fat...

5 x 1minute of Jumping Jacks, burpees, squats, press ups and skipping

or

45min speed walking a bunch of hills near me (I smoke to much to run)

Does foam rolling work for you guys? Worth getting started?

Stop being a pussy and run up the hills.

Guise, I'm on cut, but there are like 3 different delicious cakes at home, leftovers from easter and my brothers birthsday.
Would it be stupid to cut my carbs; to eat 100g rice less, but instead have a slice or two of cakes?
Is there something I can do to let myself eat them and not fuck up my cut?

how long between sets?

So I calculated my Calories to be 2770(TDEE+500)
And protein 119.5

So now how do I decide how much carb, fat, suger, cholesterol etc I need to fulfill make up 2770 calories? Does it matter?

For accessories/isolation - keep pauses brief 30-90 sec

For main lifts as much as you need

Sorry how did you guys figure out your starting weights? Did you just keep on trying weights until you felt something like "ah this will tire me out in a 5x5"?

Programs often have percentage next to certain lifts. Let's say 5x5 80% weight, that means you're supposed to test your max (one rep), and then do those sets with 80% of your max.

I just said 80%, don't know what's the recommended weight for 5x5.

Is coffee bad for me? I drink something between 3 and 5 coffees a day, each of them with milk and sugar. I've been doing that for years, so I don't even count them seperately, they pretty much became a part of my TDEE, bit I wonder, does that much affect my hormones somehow? Is there a good reason for me to cut them?

Is it worth doing bodyweight exercises if you are currently unable to get a gym membership or is it a waste of time?

coffee is fine. might want to cut the sugar out though.

Stay below 400mg of caffeine a day. Coffee has lots of health benefits. Use my fitness pal to track your caffeine intake.

anyone hire a hooker before? what are your thoughts?
should i hire one?
are condoms enough to prevent STDs?

Sure it's worth doing them. Watch out for mem exercises though, there are many stupid programs floating around, especially those "get abs in 2 weeks!".

Pulls ups, dips or planks are very good exercises though, and while I'm no expert on calisthenics, I'm sure there are more that will be very useful.

Thanks. I might be over 400 mg caffeine from what I see. It's hard to say exactly. I guess I'll try to cut it a bit.

It's very useful on a cut for me though, since it pretty much kills hunger for a while.

Why would that be bad? Just remember the 48 hour rule.

>fat
More than 50g and up to half the remaining cals, but NOT over RDA for sat fat
>carbs
Alot. Probably 60%+, healthy carbs are usually much cheaper than healthy fats
>sugar
As little ADDED sugar as possible
>cholesterol
Wut. Noone cares

>does that much affect my hormones somehow
good on you for asking the question. the only way to really answer it is to quit for a week and see how you feel. if you feel like dogshit then you are dependent on it and maybe should consume it less often

Thanks, so I calculated
Protein = 120(1/lb weight) grams = 478 cal
Fat = 46 grams = 415 cal (25% of total cal)
Carb = 470 grams = 1877 cal (remaining cal)

Total cal = 2770 cal

This is for underweight and gaining

the SL 5x5 program specfically starts with the bar (plus a bit for DL and such). there are some great reasons for this, you avoid the trial and error that you're talking about, and you learn the proper form and make CNS gains. Plus you add steady weight each workout. I had a good experience following that program, ended up with better form than all the retards in my gym but thats not saying much

Alright, I'll wait a while and see. I hope I don't have to leave her, she's one of very few girls I've had feelings for.

Somethings weird with your math. If 2700 some is yiur total theb 415 is not 25%. Regardless, add more fat, 50g is like a minimum to not have weird hormonal side effects. If its for gaining then really it will depend on what you can manage to pound down and the macros dont matter as much. Ignore what i said about added sugar, you're gonna have to abuse sugar. Just lift hard and dont get the beetus

I probably am, I don't think it's too much to ask for her to respond to me though, it's not an isolated case. The only time she responds is when she knows I've been drinking which is shit because I have had problems with being unable to spend a day without getting drunk and I don't want to fall back into that.

trainers are a meme. as far as routine, use the goddamned internet it's current year ffs

I figured it out, it's supposed to be 693 that's 77g.
Thanks.

How painful is it to have sex when you have a dick curved?

Is it true that cocoa powder and milk is legit health drink?
Might be more of a Veeky Forums question but remember reading it somewhere about gains.

Pls respond

>Can I afford to winter bulk
can you afford not to?

45 min for sure

I'm doing greyskull and currently I'm doing skull crushers in addition to the normal routine for triceps. Is that enough? I feel like they're not growing as fast as they should. What other exercises should i add to make em bigger as my arm looks sort of retarded, especially the portion right under my delta is much smaller.

i think nesquik actually has alot of vitamins crammed into it. i don't believe i'd call it a """"health drink"""" but it won't kill you. don't confuse high calorie/gains with healthy

Does anyone have a good book on meal prep (vegetarian) for me? I try to limit my meat consumption to the weekends and have three days a week on which I have Uni over the whole lunchtime, so i will need to eat it in the classes.

Read the sticky.
Do this routine and cardio of your choice. Get small plates for yourself if the gym does not have them. Start feeling fit, buddy.

178lbs, 5'11", 26 years old. I just started lifting 2 months ago with SL and a bro split. I've read the sticky and am making healthier lunches and going to the gym 3 times a week, swimming or jogging in between lifting days.

How long will it take to get out of DYEL mode? Is it possible to look more aesthetic within a month?

Pic is current body.

What's the difference between a hip thrust and glute bridge, they look the same

Are you generally work out 3 days a week? Cause I go 6 days currently, also thanks, I read the sticky and made sorted out the diet plan, was gonna make work-out routine tomorrow but might as well follow this now.

Does it work alternatively(1 day off, 1 day exercise) or do you cycle through this twice a week?

I mean *am I supposed to, not like you particularly

Pls help

Kek
I posted same pic yesterday, fags telling me start a cut asap, god damn.

How do I warm up properly before doing neck exercises?

Responses to OP got me worried.
Been going to this boxing gym for 4 months now. Honestly it's pretty cheap, $80 a month. But the trainer used to be professional and there are other professionals there so I figured it was okay.
But there are a ton of people there each class, maybe 15 to 18 per day so he can't give everyone the right attention. Anyway we do stuff like kettle bells and lots of cardio then the rest mitts or bag work. To be fair we only do kettle bells every once in awhile and usually part of a circuit.
Is one or two meme exercises usually a bad sign?

> Honestly it's pretty cheap, $80 a month.
>$80 a month
>cheap

unless you are constantly rotating muscle groups there's not really any reason to train that often, you'll likely just wear out your muscles than grow them.

>How long will it take to get out of DYEL mode?
well you're kind of fat right now so I'd worry about getting out of chub mode first off

> Is it possible to look more aesthetic within a month?
No. In 3-4 maybe, but the changes won't be huge.

Bumperino, please someone with juicy triceps can you help me?

Shoot, all the gyms I looked at were 100/mo or more.

CA just isn't super cheap, and neither is the area. For reference Kings (Where Andre Ward trains) is $180.

Christ almighty, I thought my last town was expensive at $56 a month.

I live in LA county and do LA Fitness for $30 a month. Granted it's not the best gym in the world but it's affordable and open long enough.

Also will it make me Effron or Rock type?
I am aiming for more leaner look and I don't actually know if there is an initial difference, does Rock comes after achieving Effron?

Using them as examples cause they're the only popular ones I can name, also I know this is a stupid question but I'd rather get them out of way now than when I'm working out, thanks already for replying though

Oh sorry, this is boxing gym, WITH trainer. Forgot to specify.

Unless you also had that for $56. Then jesus I need to move down there.

with trainer that seems more reasonable.

You need to read the sticky and learn about building muscle. You don't just "achieve" a mode. Your body responds to your exercises, like a sculpture. If you ignore one part, it isn't going to magically fill out.

If you're wanting to look like a hollywood muscle guy you'll probably want to look into steroids because that's how a majority of them transform so easily.

>kettle bells
>memes
they aren't memes, son. they've been used by martial artists of all kinds including the top UFC fighters to great effect for ages. the only meme about kettlebells is the way they are used in shitty healthclub gyms for 'functional strength'

Use a program called "Starting Strength". It works and is for beginners. Don't deviate from it and you'll have a solid frame a muscle within 6-12 months. After that, then you can begin trying to "sculpt" your preferred look.

If you can't handle that much and don't feel like researching into it more until you understand it, then maybe getting Veeky Forums isn't for you.

not entirely true. training 6 or 7 days a week is a must for oly lifters and some powerlifting programs have you training 5 or 6 days per week with varying intensity

Oh okay thanks, I keep seeing people shit on them here. And didn't know if they were functional or not.

kek

DEADLIFT, SQUAT, BENCH AND OVERHEAD PRESS, DIPS AND PULL UPS

EAT 3000 kcal / day

You're welcome OP.

Have you tried talking to her ?

Why does it feel like people who dont talk about their problems are the people that are in relationships why is that ?

It's easy to get into a relationship
It's not easy to get into a good relationship

Hi Veeky Forums I just started lifting and I'm doing the Stronglifts 5x5 program. Is it bad if I just work out every other day and not take the 2 day break at the end of the week? Pls help the gym is my only friend and I want to see it more often.

Nope I don't mind achieving it over years, just wanted to make sure I have right direction, so these basic parts practically make up all body types to some extent.

I am asking cause all my friends who join gym end up with bulked arms and chest, but what I am looking for is more like pic related, I don't care how long it takes, I understand it's a marathon.

Got it thanks, I'll do that.

ty user

Forgot pic

Best weightlifting shoes for 130 dollars or under?
Are ADIDAS PERFORMANCE
POWER PERFECT II any good?

your friends are curlbros and should be disregarded

not him, but the muscles you train will be the ones that grow.
besides that, not much you can influence, it's all genetics and diet.

Starting Strength is decent too. I have went through with it and was unbalanced (stronger lower than upper body, SS is more heavy on the lower body). I would still go with Greyskull which uses the same "noob" mechanism (aka linear progression), but overall going with any of the well known LP programms will always work if you eat your oats and drink your milk.
General tip: Let people take a look at your form or, if there are only idiots around you (likely), take a video of yourself. Dont want to fuck up your back.

Alright then, I've one absolutely last of stupid questions(I promise), where it says alternating in Greyskull you're supposed to do first one on week 1 and second one on week 2 right?
So in week 1 Day 1 I do overhead press and on Week 2 Day 1 I do Bench press, right? With weights starting from empty bar and adding 2.5/5.0 lbs as it says until I can finish a set with proper form/not 'too' easily.

Have I got that right? Cause I think I am otherwise all set now, cheers

Look, rest is just as important as lifting weight. If you feel you can keep on doing that, sure go ahead. But, as a beginner I'd advice against for 2 reasons:

1. you dont know when you are not resting enought due to missing experience
2. this will lead to stalling easier (imagine missing caloric goal, not sleeping well -> immediate progress stop due to addition of less rest) and faster (obvoiusly, more workouts/week + less rest)

In the end you have to decide. IMO, in a Linear Program you are bound to stall sometime soon, no need to fasten that esp. if quality is at risk.

Never mind, it's like I understand.
Thanks.

I can not say that I thoroughly understood what you are saying but I think I know what your problem is.
Say your day 1 is Monday. You do OHP, Rows and Squats. Wednesday is your second training day this week and you do BP, Chin Ups and Deadlifts. On Saturday (d3) you do OHP, Rows and Squats again, on the next monday (d1) you do BP, CU, Squats, and you go on.
Alternate just means you switch them every workout.

As this is the end of our conversation I feel like I have to tell you to choose better anime for your next thread. Good luck in the gym!

i can run for 15 seconds then it feels like my heart will explode
how do i become healthier, and how do i run properly

Texas method or Madcow?

slower pace? How overweight are you

how do i raise my pullups per set, my current limit is 4 wheni start, 6 when i warm up but thats pretty much it i cant do beyond that (normally i do 6 to 8 sets)

also how to train lower back with bodyweight

30 pounds, 18somsthing @ 6'1, 21% bf

6-8 sets is an awful lot of sets. Either way, you raise your amount of pullups by training lat and bicep strength. Either by trying to do more than 4-6 pullups or also doing other back exercises like rows.

What can I do instead of squats/deads? I'm getting serious pain in my hip flexors and it's ruining my form.

Should I just switch to PPL or something? I'm just in it for aesthetics anyway. Currently lifting 250/225/150/110 in lbs

don't have access to gym rn, what do you suggest for lat and bicep strength?

and by 8sets im compensating for the lack of reps, is that wrong?

it's not your hip flexors, it's femoral anterior glide (look it up on youtube).
learn to engage your glutes and abs, and stop stretching your hip flexors.
stretch adductors and glutes.