Cardio

Is cardio worth it?

Worth what?

If you don't like it, absolutely NOT.

Yes
It doesn't kill your gains and anyone who says it does is dumb

Have fun with lifting 5x a week and running

it will LITERALLY DESTROY YOUR HEALTH. DO NOT do cardio.

?? that's not even hard
are you a fucking fat ass, or did you literally discover fitness yesterday?

you say that like it's a bad thing? you must look terrible you fatass

Your heart is a muscle so train it.

Cardio will improve your recovery and increase your output in the long run

Yes it's worth it for health but running is for beta males only. Rowing is the best form of cardio imo

i've been running at least 1x per week for the last 5 years. a few things i've experienced:

1.) you must cross-train. i got seriously injured half a year ago after completing my first half-marathon. groin/hammy pull. sidelined me for about 3 months. i now do a combination of biking/running throughout the week

2.) running IS definitely worth it for the endorphin rush. i run 60 minutes non-stop, and right around 30minutes i get a runners high that cannot be matched with my other workouts (strength training, biking)

3.) it won't fix your diet issues. if you don't eat right, you'll still be fat. took me 5 years to fully realize this one.. and i'm still trying to get the diet/alcohol consumption under control. that said it definitely is better than not doing any cardio at all, as it gives you flexibility in eating what you want and still looking semi-fit

t. 5'8" 350lbs "bear mode"

why doesnt this work /fit?

>get 5k or 10k to a very good time by running regularly, lifting takes a back seat
>run a 5k or 10k once a week in order to maintain this time, go back to main focus being lifting

You'd only be running once a week but you'd be maintaining a very good time and good cardio levels...

With me personally if I skip even a few days of cardio it suffers. I just finish my workouts with a 15 minute run on the treadmill with full blown fun days thrown in when I feel like it.

Swimming would be more alpha, think about it, if you stop or tire out you'll drown.

Just pick your goals and work towards them, if you want to be able to run a 5k then go train to run a 5k, if you want to be Jay Cutler sized, then train to be Jay Cutler sized.

There are literally no downsides.

Surely there should be a way to negate regression while minimising how frequent you run

Like every 2 weeks A, B, A with b as progressive overload.

I guess. Why though? Running is in no way bad for you.

30min slow intensity walk aka brist walk 2~3 times a week will give you inumeral health benefits and have literally 0 downsides

>that's not even hard
Just like my dick before I started training for my first halfmarathon

this is what i did, I basically went cardio skeleton mode for a half year but got my 5k time sub 18 minutes and my 10k sub 40, now ive been maintaining by running 10k once or twice a week.all i gotta do is get to 1/2/3/4 now and i will be content

Eat more

this pic makes me feel terrible

I will never even be near anything like that...